25th anniversary Mega Man NES

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
nesmegaman04_zpsb2c48ebe.jpg

The year is 20XX, and it just so happens to also be the 25th anniversary of the Mega Man series. To celebrate the game’s quadranscentennial anniversary, a modder going by platinumfungi (via Joystiq) aka Ryan Fitzpatrick has put together a one-of-a-kind NES with the game’s titular character backlit in all of his glory.

Fitzpatrick describes the console as a fully functioning NES and an art piece.

“I made this mod entirely by hand – the cutting, filing, sanding, wiring, soldering, creating the 8-bit Mega Man pixel by pixel (which I’ll just say once – took f.o.r.e.v.e.r.), etc. Everything was done with hand tools,” he wrote on his blog. ”No professional cutting, etching, or other machines were used. I lost track of how many hours went into this weeks ago – it was truly a labor of love.”

He adds that he’s never before created a system with the level of detail put into the modded NES, so he had to “experiment and develop new techniques” as he put the thing together.

“In the end I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I even made custom decals, including new AV port labels for the side and rear of the system,” he wrote.

Photos of the device can be seen below.

nes-megaman_zps6ca33b98.jpg

nesmegaman03_zpsee25ea82.jpg

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dope mod...

too bad capcom doesn't give a ? about the blue bomber anymore or his fans.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dope mod...

too bad capcom doesn't give a ? about the blue bomber anymore or his fans.

cosign this....I don't see why capcom just doesn't sell the rights to the franchise to another developer
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mega man should still be going strong but capcom killed that franchise
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    KINGEC wrote: »
    Dope AF
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    mega man should still be going strong but capcom killed that franchise

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What would have been tight is if Capcom had made a PSN/XBOX Live game where you could have fought against all the Robot Masters from all the Megaman games. It wouldn't have to have any stages or anything. You just pick the game and get to fight the bosses. It would have been simple enough and I bet if they put any effort into the graphic and AI at all, the probably would have made a good profit. Hell they could have had Roll, Protoman, and Bass as DLC and I bet they would have come up off of that too.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had Mega-Man 2. Back then, games were difficult. A 7 year old couldn't even get to Flash Man these days, let alone beat him smh. They've been spoilt by all these immortal ? in these games these days
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What would have been tight is if Capcom had made a PSN/XBOX Live game where you could have fought against all the Robot Masters from all the Megaman games. It wouldn't have to have any stages or anything. You just pick the game and get to fight the bosses. It would have been simple enough and I bet if they put any effort into the graphic and AI at all, the probably would have made a good profit. Hell they could have had Roll, Protoman, and Bass as DLC and I bet they would have come up off of that too.

They sorta did that already with the Power Battle+Fighters series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxsoq3Fqu6U
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They sorta did that already with the Power Battle+Fighters series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxsoq3Fqu6U

Yeah, I know, I actually have those games on the Mega Man compilation. What I'm thinking of is something like that, but would have all the Robot Masters from across the series.