Blade Of The Immortal *Concluded* w/Spoilers

Options
kzzl
kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
blade-of-the-immortal-3445799.jpg

A period piece in a world of blood, grey, and steel. The series has ended as of 12/2012. The protagonist is the immortal cursed, Manji. The thousand man slayer, who's hired by a young lady, Rin, to protect her on her quest for revenge. And of course chaos soon follows. Plenty of interesting characters from the good, to the bad, and the down right monstrous.
Gotta say I was satisfied by this manga over all. I wouldn't mind the author taking Manji and having him in another series. The dude is immortal and with plenty of time on his hands.

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bought one of these books on a whim, was confused as ? .

Didn't really understood that the ? Really was immortal lol.

I'm like, this ? is a horrible swordsman who keeps getting stabbed, y won't he die..
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, you can't just hop into it. You're gonna have to start from the beginning as a whole lot of ? happens within each volume. The sword fights are ruthless. It's rare that anybody walks away without a scratch.

improvisation-improvise-demotivational-poster-1223793204.jpg

The main character faces off against some merciless opponents. Add that to the "hey, i'm immortal ? " attitude he's got, dude takes risk he shouldn't. Having to chase down his arms and legs from time to time.

2271265553_4c2e1515b1_o.jpg

His curse really is the only edge he has over some of the antagonist. He'd be dead long ago otherwise. But the joker is crazy like a fox when he needs to be.