Just one artist who is the greatest artist of all time???????????

Options
siqnih da rapper
siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Idk yall tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Michael Jackson
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    michael jackson

i mean he just brung that swag into the game real swag with the glove videos making them out of movies he was amazing he made music for it to live on an on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Michael Jackson easily.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's alot of great artists that came in the game like James Brown, Prince, Marvin Gaye, Rick James, Teddy Pendergrass, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Barry White and Luther Vandross but u had one person that took it to a whole new level and that would be Michael Jackson!

Mike had Fred Astaire, The Nicholas Brothers(who taught Mike to tap dance), James Brown, Sammy Davis Jr, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and Gladys Knight all giving him props and saying that he changed the game.

Thriller is the best selling album of All Time, this album came out in 1982 and here it is 2010 and it is still the best and especially now that nobody is really buying Cd's that much anymore, I don't think anybody will ever beat that.

As of right now it is at 110 million and the only album that is behind it is AC/DC's "Back In Black", that sold 49 million and came out in 1980.
    So that alone makes Mike the Best to me, I can not think of any other artist that is close to Mike, when he was alive he was the Most Famous Person on Earth and still is.
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    It's alot of great artists that came in the game like James Brown, Prince, Marvin Gaye, Rick James, Teddy Pendergrass, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Barry White and Luther Vandross but u had one person that took it to a whole new level and that would be Michael Jackson!

Mike had Fred Astaire, The Nicholas Brothers(who taught Mike to tap dance), James Brown, Sammy Davis Jr, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and Gladys Knight all giving him props and saying that he changed the game.

Thriller is the best selling album of All Time, this album came out in 1982 and here it is 2010 and it is still the best and especially now that nobody is really buying Cd's that much anymore, I don't think anybody will ever beat that.

As of right now it is at 110 million and the only album that is behind it is AC/DC's "Back In Black", that sold 49 million and came out in 1980.
    So that alone makes Mike the Best to me, I can not think of any other artist that is close to Mike, when he was alive he was the Most Famous Person on Earth and still is.

can never be touched mtv wasnt even playing black artst at all until mike came with billy jean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Michael Jackson

^^^^^^^this says it all
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^this says it all

i mean this man is unbeivable talented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jimi Swaggart
    Jimi Swaggart Members Posts: 75
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mike all day. Cats nowadays gotta damn near ? off on stage for attention. This cat got crowned from pure showmanship. ? stay sellin azz. smh!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    michael-jackson-thriller.jpg
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Prince_1999.jpgI would say Prince by a nose over MJ. Alot of people imitate MJ because they can. But alot of people can't imitate Prince because they can't. There is not one mainstream R&B artist today that can dance, play guitar and sing in a perfect falsetto. 50 years from now Prince will be a Rock ? right next to Michael Jackson.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Paolo Nutini: the "old" Prince is back!

Paolo on Prince By Mickey McMonagle
    CELEB fan Paolo Nutini reckons Prince is back on top form with his new album 20TEN.

And as the biggest-selling male solo artist of the last year, the Scots star knows a thing or two about writing hit records.

According to Paolo, 20TEN tracks like Compassion, Sticky Like Glue and Future Soul Song would not sound out of place on any of the pint-sized pop ? 's classic albums of years gone by.

Paolo said: "This could have been on any of his old famous records - it sounds like classic, old school Prince. It has all the funkiness you expect from him - he has got it all in his arsenal.

"That's what I like about Prince. "Women love him too even though he's only a wee guy. It's all swagger. He's got that attitude about him."

The new album brought back memories of two particular Prince shows for Paolo.

When the Paisley youngster played the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2007, the Minneapolis superstar was lined up for a storming headline show.

However, it was a surprise club appearance the following night which really blew Paolo away.

Paolo recalled: "He had a big jazz ensemble doing 13-minute versions of When The Saints Go Marching In and stuff. The next night he did an unadvertised show - he just randomly appeared in a club with a four-piece band.

"It was mad. Incredible. He was in Jimi Hendrix mode, really rocking, going for it. He was insane - you know when he goes all raw and really gives it some."

Paolo reckons some of the upbeat monsters on 20TEN will have just that effect on fans.

The power-pop of Compassion and Act Of ? will send them straight to the dancefloor - although the soulful crooner prefers Prince's more epic moments.

Paolo said: "The production is great. I like his epic songs, where it's all just dripping with reverb on the snare, with a big, open, spacey feel.

"To me, it sounds like 20TEN has loads of tracks to get you dancing - but I need the epic numbers.

"Prince is a legend - it's that simple. Plus he called his studio Paisley Park, so he is a fan of Paisley too."

(c) 2010 Daily Record; Glasgow (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    MJ.

In a nutshell, there's the music industry/world before Michael Jackson...then there's the music industry/world after Michael Jackson. He changed the game forever.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Micheal Jackson easily. i was saying that long before he died. R.I.P.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Id have to say Marvin Gaye
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MJ should own this thread.
  • TheKing203
    TheKing203 Banned Users Posts: 724
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jay-z........

lmao this ? had me dyin laughin
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited August 2010
    Options
    theking203 wrote: »
    lmao this ? had me dyin laughin

lol damn jay z over people like stevie wonder the beatles mike smh damn jay z got it going on.....lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • il nonno
    il nonno Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Knomadd
    Knomadd Members Posts: 326
    edited August 2010
    Options
    def a tough choice between artists like Bob Marley, Ray Charles, Jimi Henrix, Marvin Gaye, Louis Armstrong, etc. but gotta go with MJ! the only rapper that should even be uttered in this thread is Pac. lmao @ Jay-Z, ? killed me
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On a pure organic scale i would say Stevie Wonder, on a larger scale Michael Jackson.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • garv
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol damn jay z over people like stevie wonder the beatles mike smh damn jay z got it going on.....lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTFOH what makes them better artists than the likes of Nas and Jay-Z, stop devaluing Hip-Hop.
  • garv
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Knomadd wrote: »
    def a tough choice between artists like Bob Marley, Ray Charles, Jimi Henrix, Marvin Gaye, Louis Armstrong, etc. but gotta go with MJ! the only rapper that should even be uttered in this thread is Pac. lmao @ Jay-Z, ? killed me

Cause his dead?
  • Knomadd
    Knomadd Members Posts: 326
    edited August 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Cause his dead?

cuz he's a revolutionary
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Prince=writes his own music,can sing,plays piano,plays guitar,plays drums Prince has NO EQUALS,neither does MJ but you could make a good carbon copy ie Usher,Chris Brown.
    You would look foolish trying to copy Prince,the man wears high heels without getting called out....how gangsta is that ?