Black Hippy or Slaughterhouse as a WHOLE

Options
CashmoneyDux
CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in The Reason
Not based on recent music, but as an overall collective group. Which group do you think is better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EN0R64rk5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CakV0Q3o7uw

Black Hippy or Slaughterhouse as a WHOLE 74 votes

Slaughterhouse
24%
janklowtb_farrellS2Jsoul rattlerherbalism101dneez0228mryounggunsupaman4321DOPEdweebzOff&OnYamoleySenseiMR BUDpurpngoldOGClarenceBoddickermike_techAnd_So_It_BurnsJFK 18 votes
Black Hippy
63%
northside7buttuh_bsouthsil4lilCP203infamous114bbkg79double0sugenillerthekidCJBackInWhitet_m_a_c_f_a_n73088CoolJoeBDBIIDAlready Home_17StoneColdMikeyLike WatermosincredibleDavyBluevslykeandre_1024 47 votes
Undecided
12%
beatboy1nex ginStewGlockLesnar Lab BabyTrigga TCashmoneyDuxDR. JEKkjrain12 9 votes

Comments

• And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Slaughterhouse: Reject rappers who couldn't make it on their own.
    Black Hippy: Collection of dope upcoming artists that don't need each other.

What do you consider "making it" all of them had a loyal base before forming a group
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Slaughterhouse: Reject rappers who couldn't make it on their own.
    Black Hippy: Collection of dope upcoming artists that don't need each other.

What do you consider "making it" all of them had a loyal base before forming a group

Obviously they wanted some type of mainstream success, which is why they signed with Shady/Aftermath.

They were all underground rappers who were going into their 30's running on a tread mill. Crooked I and Joell Ortiz especially didn't have much going for them.
  • buttuh_b
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Edit: Wrong thread.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Royce and Crook been doing their thing. Budden? I guess. Never heard of Ortiz till slaughterhouse.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    Lol @ Black Hippy not needing each other. ? wouldn't be talking about Ab Soul if it wasn't for Black Hippy and Schoolboy Q only been rapping for 6 years and he started rapping BECAUSE they put him in a studio.

Kendrick is an all around talent and Jay Rock been around for the longest... And Ab Soul is a good songwriter but him and Q are benefitting bigtime from the acclaim and legitimacy that Kendrick and Rock bring to the group.

Royce been dope. Budden been dope. Ortiz been dope. Crooked been dope and on some honest ? he spits just as well as Kendrick and Jay Rock. Black Hippy got that new car smell right now... A year from now ? will be bored and move on.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    For songs I think Black Hippy but as far as who has the better rappers easily slaughter house. If they were to beef K.Dot would probably be the only one could hang for a lil bit but hed be so out numbered flow for flow.....idk I gotta think about it
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Black Hippy easily.. none of them Slaughterhouse ? put out an album as good as Section.80, GKMC or Control System..
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    And I considered making this thread not too long ago, but I didn't make it because Black Hippy never released an album together..
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Slaughterhouse is some rapping ass rappers who don't know how to make songs. Stale ass content.

Black Hippy makes actual music. They all have the talent to do well on their own.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    Lyrically SL is ? insane. No other group compares. None. Then you gotta dig up Wu Tang, Kast, BCC and them ? . But musically, they're lacking. And to cats in here saying they're rappity rap ? ... I thought that's what rap was about... rapping.

BH are great lyrically, but not ? with SH bar for bar. But the music they been putting out is INCREDIBLE. Section 80? Control System? Setbacks? GKMC? All within 2 years. When it comes to music and creativity, these dudes are IT. I dunno, it's a tie to me.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Lol @ Black Hippy not needing each other. ? wouldn't be talking about Ab Soul if it wasn't for Black Hippy and Schoolboy Q only been rapping for 6 years and he started rapping BECAUSE they put him in a studio.

Kendrick is an all around talent and Jay Rock been around for the longest... And Ab Soul is a good songwriter but him and Q are benefitting bigtime from the acclaim and legitimacy that Kendrick and Rock bring to the group.

Royce been dope. Budden been dope. Ortiz been dope. Crooked been dope and on some honest ? he spits just as well as Kendrick and Jay Rock. Black Hippy got that new car smell right now... A year from now ? will be bored and move on.

Lmao, you can't be serious.
    Look at what the camp released last year: HnC, Control System, and then GKMC........all projects received critical acclaim, not to mention they actually mesh well together, unlike Slaughterhouse, not to mention all of these ? are in their twenties, so they only have room for improvement.

Budden is one of my 3 or 4 favorite rappers of all time, and I still say this ? isn't even close.

But please, tell me what makes you think ? will get bored with them, because all signs point completely toward the opposite.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy

The bold is terribly wrong.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    Slaughterhouse, easily (even though their Shady debut LP was str8 garbage).....the only dope ? on BH is Ab Soul and Jay Rock
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    I ? with Crooked I
    but other than that slaughterhouse isnt seeing black hippy.

Black hippy can be all lyrical and still make a hit song.

Look at all the albums dropped in the TDE camp...
    Section80
    GKMC
    Control System
    Follow Me

those are dope albums no one in slaughter house is topping that.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    of course rap is about rapping
    but not just rapping to rap, not all the time at least
    sure you should make songs where you just together the most ignorant multisyllable rhymes with the stupidest rhyme schemes and entendres and all that
    but ? , every song?
    them slaughterhouse ? would take a song about smokin a blunt wit a ? and turn it into a thesis paper on the economical structure of the cannabis racket
    ? all that.....sometimes

Can't argue with that. Budden's songwriting>>>>>>the rest of them ? anyway.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Black Hippy makes better music as a collective. I just can't get through an entire SH album or mixtape w/o having to remind myself to pay attention because some of their ? just runs together. As individual rappers SH is probably stronger bar for bar just on some rapping to rap ? ...but in terms of actual music being made Black Hippy is better
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

? said that before GKMC came out that ? were tired already of Kendrick and BH. Just because you like SH more don't mean you got to ? on BH on some "? will get bored of them" ? , especially when you admit the ? are nice
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    SH be trying to hard at times. Black Hippy be wrecking ? effortlessly
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't make me choose
  • j dash
    j dash Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think SlaughterHouse are better rappers but BH make better songs.
    Nonetheless both groups r dope
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Fan of both but Black Hippy keeps my head nodding a lil more doe