I enjoy both.

But Spartacus definitely has the more member dialect and dialogue

I'll add GoT has a more "serious" and somber tone with it's violence,
    while Spartacus was elated in it's exploitation of it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    I couldn't get into Game of Thrones. I don't think I finished the pilot. I never heard of Spartacus. The only high fantasy shows I like are Legend of the Seeker, Xena, Once Upon A Time and Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. I don't think Salem counts but I like that, too.

Are you male or female?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gotta give Spartacus another shot.. think I watched the pilot episode and it didn't hold my attention
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game of thrones due to the overal plot and the best might yet be to come.

I prefer Vikings over both though, has less filler, less romance and is more realistic(what I prefer) than GoT and Spartacus.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game of thrones due to the overal plot and the best might yet be to come.

I prefer Vikings over both though, has less filler, less romance and is more realistic(what I prefer) than GoT and Spartacus.

Gonna check vikings out tomorrow
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't get into Game of Thrones. I don't think I finished the pilot. I never heard of Spartacus. The only high fantasy shows I like are Legend of the Seeker, Xena, Once Upon A Time and Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. I don't think Salem counts but I like that, too.

Are you male or female?

Male. Why?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Are you male or female?

Male. Why?

After the first season, that Once Upon A Time ? was unwatchable. It's was like a fantasy soap opera, basically the Fables comic bastardized for women.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got may be the better viewing experience, true. But that prequel joint Spartacus had was what propelled that series into being top notch. And the nicknames.

? , do you know how trill you'd be if your nickname was "The Undefeated Gaul"?
    (even tho that ? was around no less than 4 ? , at least, that could body him easily)
    (Spart, Gannicus, Oenameus, The Egyptian)
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like both but Spartacus by far imo the better series. While GoT has the chance to change the landscape I put it like this fir me...

After watching the first few episodes of Spartacus I was hooked. GoT I quit and didn't go back until I heard a great deal about it.

With that said they both great but Spartacus one of my all time faves but I like em both. GoT is cool but Spartacus was just on some next level ? . Mind you doing it while the main character died irl.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gannicus and Oenamaeus was unfuckwithable
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you male or female?

Male. Why?

After the first season, that Once Upon A Time ? was unwatchable. It's was like a fantasy soap opera, basically the Fables comic bastardized for women.

What you know about the Fables comic FAM? That's my ? . That should had been a TV show. Same goes for 100 Bullets
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No wrong answer but I think I consistently enjoyed Spartacus more. That ? survived the death of its lead actor yet still continued to be awesome.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited February 2015
    Options

Are you male or female?

Male. Why?

What you know about the Fables comic FAM? That's my ? . That should had been a TV show. Same goes for 100 Bullets

That Once Upon A Time ? is what the Fables comic became. ABC met with the creator of Fables about turning the comic into a TV Show. They turned him down, but took the concept, butchered it, and released their own show.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bro this ? not even close Game of Thrones by a mile. If anything I would compare Spartacus to Vikings as they are both historical dramas. Game of Thrones is way deeper and they do violence and nudity better than spartacus. They're all good shows though.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Legend of the seeker is real good and once upon a time, but no they do not compare. Legend of the seeker books can compare to the Fire and Ice but fire and Ice relates to us much better vs a far out fantasy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You crazy as hell. The Mountain would merk Theokoles. Martell beat him with strategy and superior evasiveness. Theokoles has neither of those things going for him.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The mountain is big ? oaf. Theokoles was a ? pirate that killed the ? out of people and ? a ? so hard it killed her. Then he forged his skill in the cauldron of the area.

• bignorm
    Options
    The big 4, would all be the Mountain.
    spart, gannicus oenamaus the Egyptian.
    Too much strategy.

Oberyn wsa like Spart light.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Maybe I missed something but Theokoles was just a tank like the Mountain. The difference is the Mountain could basically cut through horses with one swipe of his sword. Theokoles may have ruled the arena, but the Mountain had people shook like that on the battlefield when they could basically mob him.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    You need to see the backstory on Theokoles. he literally ? a bish so hard it killed her. Dude started at the bottom, Mountain was a knight with money and ? .
  • Will Munny
    Options
    When a ? thrones fan goes against a thrones character you know its truth.
  • bignorm
    Options
    lmao at he was as good as Nasir (n/h)
    I found that ? to be hilarious for some reason.

let's not forget that Theocoles and the Egyptian did not feel pain.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had to pick one series over the other, GoT hands down. Currently holds a spot in my top 5 TV shows of all time, comfortably. Spartacus would probably struggle to be in my top 10.

Spartacus is a great show though, for those who haven't seen it.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the Mountain was overrated as ? . He was vicious, but as far as being a skilled warrior hell no.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hound >>>>>>>> The Mountain.