Is This What's Hot in the Streets? Cross Dressing Superhero Cartoons

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
Y'all ? laughed when I told you, that ? community was out for young boys ? and they're on an indoctrination campagin, well here's your proof:

Gender-bending action hero cartoon ‘SheZow’ to debut on children's network The Hub

Breitbart News lashed out at television executives for ‘promoting’ transgender themes to kids.

Children's network The Hub is introducing a new super-heroine named SheZow in an animated series debuting Saturday.

The catch is that SheZow's alter-ego is actually a 12-year-old boy named Guy, who transforms into a female costumed crime-fighter by uttering the phrase "You Go Girl!" and using a power ring inherited from his dead aunt.

"When I first heard about the show, my reaction was 'Are you out of your minds?'" Hub CEO Margaret Loesch told the Los Angeles Times of the series created by "Julius & Friends'" Obie Scott Wade. "Then I looked at it, and I thought 'This is just funny.'"

Not everyone, however, is laughing.

Nothing says 'child-appropriate material' quite like gender-bending underage superheroes," wrote Ben Shapiro of Breitbart News, calling Loesch a "leftist."

But a spokesman for GLAAD fired back that criticizing the animated series for "promoting" transgender themes is, well, cartoonish.

“This Breitbart News article is just a laughable attempt at attention seeking, comparable to Jerry Falwell attacking the Teletubbies, and demonstrates a profound ignorance of transgender people since this show doesn't include any,” said GLAAD’s Rich Ferraro.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/children-network-unveils-gender-bending-cartoon-shezow-article-1.1356901#ixzz2UhgCdD90

The ? up part about is that Hub is owned by Hasbro, who makes my beloved G.I. JOEs Instead of giving us a go hard JOE cartoon in the lines of Robotech or G. I. JOE Resolute, they give us this ? . COBRA can't be a "terrorist organization," but it's cool to have ? imginary on Saturday morning cartoons. GTFOH!

Comments