How Old Were You When You First Moved Out...?

Options
A1000MILES
A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
And what was your reason/experience...?

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    17 to get the ? outta that country ass town. It was hell for the first year but been all good since.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

buuuuut dad payed the bills until I was 23

well 21 if you ask my mom
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18. Air Force ? ...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moms threaten me@ 17 when i was still in High School sayin if i didnt go to college she was kickin me out.. a semester in i dropped out and called her bluff..

i got my first job around the same time and by the time i was pushin 19 wit two jobs i was ready to smash out.. or atleast felt i was.. moms begged me to stay.. told me to save money for a year.. i said okay.. by time i was pushin 20 i asked moms if they could make our back room my room and id pay rent to stay there.. she said no.. so i left..

a ? was goin on 20 sharin a room wit a lil brother who was still ? 'n in his bed.. i couldnt do it.. a ? would be givin ? his number and had to give them the disclaimer to not call after 11 cause moms be trippjn.. so yeh.. i was out! hahaha

first few years was hard.. moms helped a lil but then we got into it.. mu'fuckas think cause they help u they own u.. told moms i was her son.. not her ? child and that was that.. ? was washin clothes in the tub.. car stuck in the parkin stall.. and some mo' ? .. but i made do..

? got cool wit i started ? back wit the streets and my then deceased cousins peoples and connects.. that was about 23.. i aint missed a meal or sweated a bill since..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    a month after i turned 18. Momma kicked me out cuz i kept throwing parties when she wasnt home.

? .

I was paying my mom rent when i got my job at 16 tho. It wasnt a lot but ? dammit its the principles. That shouldnt be life.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18 and it was just time...i kinda felt like a burden to my grandparents and wanted them to live their lives instead of having to raise me b/c my parents weren't ?

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18. Went away to college and stayed in the dorm. But I was determined to get out the crib at 18 regardless of if I went to school or not. No matter how laid back your mom is, there is a certain level of 'grown man' that you'll never achieve under her roof.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18, got tired of my mom tellin me to make my bed and ? . I mean can a ? take a morning ? first, ? ...
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18 moved out of state to go to college

shoutout to asu
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    college does give you that bug...when i flunked outta college, i had to move back out.....so yea i was like 20...18 if you count college... but to me that don't really count, cuz it's not like i was paying bills n ? ....

20-25 was when i was really out on my own, but i made some bad decisions and ended up back in the house....

i know ? got jokes....but whatever, it is what it is....we good over here
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    16. I had a job, I could drive; didn't see the need to draw things out.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill let u know...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18. College. Moved to Nebraska.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    22/23

Got tired of moms drinking up all my orange juice and ? ... Actin like she ain't see my ? name on the carton and ? ... Word ... Always sweatin me and ? ... She tried to do a little cuss out on one of my little Bae's that I brought back to my room and ? .... that's when I knew that enough was enough!
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kicked out at 16

Kicked out at 18

Got my own spot at 20 ? is goat living alone i dont gota hear ? ...no babies crying..nobody bitchn...let hoe come over n walk round crib naked
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got kicked out at 18 for growing bud at my moms pad. Ben on my own ever since.
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18. Got myself a job making gud bread at the time. Needed my own breathing space
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Got my own spot at 20 ? is goat living alone i dont gota hear ? ...no babies crying..nobody bitchn...let hoe come over n walk round crib naked

? don't get me started. Moved out at 18. had to move back in temporarily then was back alone. Had been til Feb this year smh.

Little ? ? me off like mad. Like when you wanna use the toilet but some other ? is in there. Then you've gotta smell their stank. People don't understand it. I hear, "but at least you're with your family" all the ? ' time. Like I wanna see them ? .
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    17...my mom and pops were drunkards and my brother left so I was basically following in his footsteps..

Had a ? apt on a poppin block..n3ever really struggled and never moved back home..

I don't think everybody is built for that independent life early..most of the hoes I was runnin thru thought they were on sum grown ? now almost every one of those ? is down bad..
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    18 or 19. Small town, no jobs, and my mom constant ? about nothing and my younger brother getting away with murder basically was the straw that broke the camels back.

It wasn't that rough when I moved out. Car was paid for, kept a job so there wasn't any problems for me. It got tough when I quit working to finish school. That was only for 8 months then I was back working.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was 20 years old
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was like 20.

my dad told me to save my money so i wont come back home when i do leave.