June should be the month to celebrate real Fathers!

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fukk all that ? .
Mother's sit ya ? down for a second. yall get celebrated all the damn time and get too much undeserved credit.

Im gonna start this ? early. why wait?
Happy Father month to all the dads who do the damn thing.

Not you , "i dropped off a coat, imma good dad" type ? . But the hardworking, child guiding, superhero spider killing, thunderstorm comforting, advice giving, good listening, diaper changing, midnight cough medicine getting, homework helping, cant cook but dinner making, shoe lace tying teaching, only dad at soccer practice, low tolerance for bitchness having dads.

Let's add an extra shout out to the fulltime dads and the dads that step up because of the deadbeat moms.

Salute to all my real fathers. Keep ya heads up.

rice-salute-1-12-13.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ3IB-5P8v_pEkbT4lXjikW8cS4kZyozy8br9QdY4UFkJFBv8Qqw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLPrI-75SbPXweCu-W4nOX8hgwA1WgfSsRnWtWwvB-efBzZqRl

jack_salute.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVJsvesBk4gbzbaHOaWgMDFEYfCJVqZ0RztrIZr_G6JGTaJ-wY4w

tumblr_inline_mlwxx8ItcU1qz4rgp.gif

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I say we should get a month because real dads don't get the credit we deserve. Even when we get our lousy one day...all the sales are about dad and grads. So we have to share even the one day we get. Then chicks talkin bout how they should get a fathers day congrats because they both parents cuz the dad aint ? . fukk yall hoez.

And what do we get?

half a dinner and a tie or socks and cant watch the game because we gotta take the dog out to ? .

People don't understand the pressure it is to be a man let alone the added pressure of being a Father.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inb4 the mothers who "are fathers too".
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fathers day is like black history month no respect at all
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does this mean we have to hear ya'll ? for the whole damn month?

Ya'll didn't even give us a chance to honor the fathers of the IC.

Ole jump the gun, woe is me looking ass.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Even tho my dad is a ? ass Cowboy fan I love that ? to death. Homie stepped up to the plate and took care of my little brother and I when my mom was on some crazy ? . Much props to him everyday.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women can be full of ? and mother's day is still considered a popular day.fathers day is full of complaints from baby mamas.He aint ? etc...
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    someone up that thread where single dads were celebrated on Mother's Day

I knew your winey black ? would get all winey and black
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    lol it's still May but oh well...

I love my dad ... he is the best. Always been there for me and I appreciate him

my brother is an awesome dad and uncle. I'm lucky to be his sister.

my man is an amazing father to his boys and a good role model to mine. Plus he is fine as hell and looks soooo damn good without his shirt on when he is doing man stuff like mowing the grass or fixing my car or bbqing.

my son's dad is a good one too ..... We've had our ups and downs but I'm thankful for him cause without him I wouldn't have my son.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    Fukk all that ? .
    Mother's sit ya ? down for a second. yall get celebrated all the damn time and get too much undeserved credit.

Not you , "i dropped off a coat, imma good dad" type ? . But the hardworking, child guiding, superhero spider killing, thunderstorm comforting, advice giving, good listening, diaper changing, midnight cough medicine getting, homework helping, cant cook but dinner making, shoe lace tying teaching, only dad at soccer practice, low tolerance for bitchness having dads.

Let's add an extra shout out to the fulltime dads and the dads that step up because of the deadbeat moms.

Sorry guys but I'm not a big fan of anyone, man or woman, gettin xtra credit for what you supposed to do.

I'll sit this one out Lol
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fukk all that ? .

rice-salute-1-12-13.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ3IB-5P8v_pEkbT4lXjikW8cS4kZyozy8br9QdY4UFkJFBv8Qqw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLPrI-75SbPXweCu-W4nOX8hgwA1WgfSsRnWtWwvB-efBzZqRl

jack_salute.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVJsvesBk4gbzbaHOaWgMDFEYfCJVqZ0RztrIZr_G6JGTaJ-wY4w

tumblr_inline_mlwxx8ItcU1qz4rgp.gif

Lol. Word. I know mad ? like that. Or the 'I pay my child support so I'm a good dad.' type ? . Naw, fam. Naw.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    *checks calendar*

Interesting.

Anywho.....

2A7EEAF3-18E3-410D-BC19-A86BE8BC5F96-2364-000001F426CCDEDD_zpsf1aab7e1.jpg

All the amazing fathers who dedicate themselves to the raising and upbringing of their children, you are appreciated.

And because my father and all the men in our/my world are amazing African men I just want to say......

Like a lion that stands over his pride
    And has dominion over his land
    You are fearfully and wonderfully made
    Strong Beautiful Black Man

You are a centrifugal and driving force
    That draws me deeply into you
    You are everything that my heart desires
    Your love I could never refuse

Even in those times when it seems
    That the world knows not your name
    I will always be there to remind you
    Of your strength, your pride and your fame

Though most personify fear of you
    Because of what they do not know
    For it is not what their eyes can see
    But rather what their hearts truthfully know

That your abilities are limitless
    Your hands can accomplish any task
    Even when it seems impossible
    You always manage to show contrast

I am only trying to reassure you
    That I am the exception to the rule
    That I will love you no matter what
    Win, draw, or lose

Even when you are feeling
    That you have lost your place in this land
    Sometimes being portrayed and even told
    That you are less than a man

Don’t you give in to anger
    Please don’t hold your head down
    Exhibit your strength and your pride
    Remember, you wear a crown

Because You are still a King amongst Kings
    In my world, you are high in demand
    Remember, I do love you no matter what
    My Strong Beautiful Black Man!

tumblr_lzdibfDIgQ1qzivdro2_5001.gif
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited May 2013
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Fukk all that ? .

Sorry guys but I'm not a big fan of anyone, man or woman, gettin xtra credit for what you supposed to do.

while i hear you...

you do know mothers day is the second most celebrated holiday after christmas.

its funny how deadbeat ? get more shine even if its negative...but the real dads shouldnt get credit for what they supposed to do.

very interesting
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    Props to real ? that don't need recognition for taking care of their responsibilities............

That ? is mad effete, b........

they dont need recognition but should get it just because.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doing the right thing should be celebrated.

Cuz to much negative ? get shown.
  • S2J
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Fukk all that ? .

while i hear you...

you do know mothers dad is the second most celebrated holiday after christmas.

its funny how deadbeat ? get more shine even if its negative...but the real dads shouldnt get credit for what they supposed to do.

very interesting

Thats the nature of feedback in general. If u doin a good job, you'll hear about it far less than if u ? up.

The only reason Mother's day is so big is not b/c everybody wants to appreciate their mom on that ONE day. Its b/c if you DONT do somethin for her on that day (that sbeen created for monetary gain) than it looks weird and she'll feel a way.

B/c I should 'appreciate' my mom everyday, no?

But nvm dnt let me derial yo thread fam, very noble gesture. Go dads!

• mryounggun
    Options
    I've never heard anyone say we shouldn't celebrate mother's day because ppl shouldn't get credit for ? they are supposed to do.

Just my 2 cents.
  • S2J
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I've never heard anyone say we shouldn't celebrate mother's day because ppl shouldn't get credit for ? they are supposed to do.

Just my 2 cents.

Men and women are different. If i dont do somehtin on Mothers day, my momma gon feel a way. Why? Because she is a woman. That sounds blunt, but tell me i'm lyin. I cant have my momma feelin a way, so i do whatever to make her happy.

Pops? Man that ngga straight. Give him the big piece o chicken.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't care less about these "holidays"...

Never need any reassurance for something I should be doing anyway. I couldn't imagine not being in my sons life anyway...

Every child NEED BOTH parents. And a father is especially important for a black child to.have in this day and age. Im just sowing seeds and fertilizing to help with hopefully him growing into a good man in the eyes of the most high; as my father did. That's how i look at it.
  • mryounggun
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

Men and women are different. If i dont do somehtin on Mothers day, my momma gon feel a way. Why? Because she is a woman. That sounds blunt, but tell me i'm lyin. I cant have my momma feelin a way, so i do whatever to make her happy.

You ? with your pops? Like was he in your life growing up? If so...do you do anything for Father's Day for him?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like motherfuckaz are sort-of patronizing on father's day - on 'some awe look at daddy ? '.

Other days, they're talking hell-o-? about fathers.
  • S2J
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

You ? with your pops? Like was he in your life growing up? If so...do you do anything for Father's Day for him?

I had/have a traditional father-son relationship. On fathers day I'll call or text 'happy fathers day' then we'll go on n talk about whatever we was talkin bout
  • mryounggun
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

I had/have a traditional father-son relationship. On fathers day I'll call or text 'happy fathers day' then we'll go on n talk about whatever we was talkin bout

So why even shoot him the text or tell him happy fathers day? Why even acknowledge the ? if that's how you feel?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think that much sensitivity and emotion should be directed at a father from a son.