Ya'll realize Jadakiss has released 3 solo albums in 16 years

Options

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kiss of Death is the only material of his that I've listened to all the way through and wasn't bored. Shoot out's is very underrated
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Do you realize Jay Electronica has dropped zero albums in 10 years?

Jay Electronica > Jadakiss

With no albums? Talk about ether
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I been hearing Kiss rhyme since the mid 90ties when they were still the Warlox. Kiss is aiight but he's a one dimensional rapper. He hasn't really progressed since the late 90ties.
    Jada's dope but he's got one flow, one type of punchline and he only touches on a few subjects. "I'm in the hood like...", "my car the color of...", a random drug reference... This n*gga is generic as f*ck. He's dope but Ion tink he has much to talk about and he can't really put out a cohesive album. His sh*t will sound like whatever is hot at that moment like @usmarin3 said.

In a way he's similar to Bun B. They been featured on mad sh*t and were/ are part of a crew, but as solo artists they ain't that dope and they can't carry an album.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    op's thread irrelevant' cause jay signed him.
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow ? really tryna down play kiss n I'm not even a huge kiss fan but c'mon son...all da overrated artists n u gon ? wit jada?....wut about shady's overrated ass?
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I support this thread
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    there are ? out there with less than 3 albums and been in the game for a long time....the ? does it mean to you? lol you not satisfied? call the record company and cry about it.....jadakiss is a legend in the game he has 5 albums including the lox albums so try again bruh
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I been hearing Kiss rhyme since the mid 90ties when they were still the Warlox. Kiss is aiight but he's a one dimensional rapper. He hasn't really progressed since the late 90ties.
    Jada's dope but he's got one flow, one type of punchline and he only touches on a few subjects. "I'm in the hood like...", "my car the color of...", a random drug reference... This n*gga is generic as f*ck. He's dope but Ion tink he has much to talk about and he can't really put out a cohesive album. His sh*t will sound like whatever is hot at that moment like @usmarin3 said.

His hit single "Why?" Featuring Anthony Hamilton dismantles your entire argument.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jadakiss sucks!
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

His hit single "Why?" Featuring Anthony Hamilton dismantles your entire argument.
    I respect your opinion but it takes more than one semi-conscious single to "dismantle" that argument. His subject matter is limited and he rarely switches his flow. It is what it is...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the track he just put out is dope tho
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    French Montana!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thats true and many rappers who were supposed to be the next big thing never got to drop a follow up album or a first album sometimes if you look at jay e, corey gunz, any everybody in between those 2 rappers.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00-dj_green_lantern_big_mike_and_jadakiss-the_champ_is_here-2004.jpg

I loved this mixtape though!

cant cosign this... Jay Elect doesn't have enough 16s to compete... Jada got his Lox (with badboy) ? , his Lox(without badboy) ? , his Ruff Ryderz verses, his mixtapes, his features, and two or three standout tracks from each album...
    Jay Elect has like one Mixtape worth of ? ...
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jadakiss should call his albums "mixtapes" and his mixtapes "albums"...He might start winning//
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TS your favorite rapper has dropped his share of duds too. Ill put any of jada's 3 joints ahead of kingdom come, bp2 and bp3
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Kiss or ? are lazy. Them releasing albums is kind of out of their control. Whatever label they are on prevents fans from hearing albums from them (pretty much goes for any artists). For all we know, they could have albums worth of material that we may never hear because of label politics.

The thing with Jada is he's one of those rappers that lacks a solid to great executive producer. He needs someone that's really going to sit there and help him create a cohesive project. I think the thread starter pretty much answered what keeps Jada from greatness: Jada follows the same formula for every album.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay Electronica > Jadakiss

this has to be the most ? post I've seen on here in a while. on no days could I agree with this
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Both parties are right and wrong on this.

Kiss probably should've put out more solo albums out by now, since the LOX as a whole haven't put out anything since "We Are the Streets" and that was in 2000.

On the other hand, when you consider of the ? normal rap dudes have to go through to get an album out, then factor in the ? of this nigg's contract that Puff was doin all these years (Kiss stated in that 2005 interview that Puff had to get an advance of 100K before Kiss could put out a solo LP), I honestly don't blame him for sticking to the mix tape circuit.

This being said, three solos in that long a time period won't cut it for Top 5 DOA. Not without at least another LOX album. The ? happened to that, anyway?

"Live, Suffer, Celebrate" is on some Detox ? right now.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Count mixtapes and collaboration albums in those 16yrs.

Just because you came out with a group doesn't mean you have to immediately drop a solo.

never count mixtapes, they should all be considered throw away or practice....albums are what means something and should be someones true artwork, thats where the focus should be

jadakiss has to be one of the most overrated rappers ever....does he have talent? yes a ton...are his albums good? not at all, they have their spots but nothing special

How is Kiss overrated?

The ? can rap his ass off.

But his albums are subpar, so what?

There's tons of emcee who can rap but their albums are not good

I.E. Sauce Money

albums are what matters....like i said before thats where the artist should put his heart into his music i.e. tupac..thats the stage where you want to really impress and put your best work and dedication

mixtapes are throw aways and practice songs to keep their tool sharp...never rate a rapper on mixtapes, they are like preseason games in sports....mixtapes also can get put out every month if an artist wants to, that same artist may one get a chance or two to really make an impact with an album

look at the all time greats in rap, they made their names with their albums not in mixtapes

That's what makes one a skill emcee, not artist.

Deck is a skilled emcee but not good as an artist as Ye, Nas, Pac or Cube.

Like are you serious?

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    The ? that's always got me when artists, especially rappers, take that long in between albums is they come out and say "I recorded 300 songs for this project but picked the best 13." I've heard Kiss say this ? before in interviews. If out of all those songs what's on his albums are the best he can do, then maybe he ain't that damn good
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options

Not really. This was a constant topic of discussion on the IC when "Why" dropped. If you actually look at the lyrics to that song alot of it is just ? . ? just saw Anthony Hamilton on the hook and assumed the entire song was on some conscious ? .

"Why I can't come through in the Pecan Jag"
    "Why you at the bar taking straight shots instead of poppin Chris"
    "Why sell in the stories what you can sell in the streets"
    "WHy they ain't make the CL6 with a clutch"
    "If you don't smoke why the hell you reaching for my dutch"
    "Why my diesel have fiends in the spot on the floor for days"

Same ? he's always talking about just over a different beat and with a singer on the hook
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think his Top 5 comment equates to bars only....I mean to be fair Big only dropped 2 albums
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    The ? that's always got me when artists, especially rappers, take that long in between albums is they come out and say "I recorded 300 songs for this project but picked the best 13." I've heard Kiss say this ? before in interviews. If out of all those songs what's on his albums are the best he can do, then maybe he ain't that damn good
    I was just thinking this.