Does 2pac Have 3 Consecutive Masterpieces?

Options

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    blackstarr wrote: »
    All Eyez On Me is not a classic now?? I see the usual suspects trying to rewrite history

In defense of it I would call it a Deathrow Classic and Record Featuring Pac. It just feels out of place in his Catalog 7 day and MATW true Pac albums but then again all 3 are classics no matter how you flip it...

for me it Goes in this order 7 Day Theory, Strictly 4 My ? , Me Against the World, then All Eyes On Me...
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Eyez On Me is not a classic now?? I see the usual suspects trying to rewrite history

In defense of it I would call it a Deathrow Classic and Record Featuring Pac. It just feels out of place in his Catalog 7 day and MATW true Pac albums but then again all 3 are classics no matter how you flip it...

for me it Goes in this order 7 Day Theory, Strictly 4 My ? , Me Against the World, then All Eyes On Me...

It's obviously not a typical Pac album I agree with you on that... Even Pac himself said it was more of a celebration.. Dude was celebrating his freedom. Still an undeniable classic... The impact that album had was huge... MATW is Pac's best album Imo tho agree with everything else.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It all goes to show how great Of an artist this guy is that we are in here spliting hairs and or nitpicking on if this guy has 3 classics in a row when most artist of any genere are lucky if they have 1 in their catalog. Regardless of what Bilfiger may say,...that aint too shabby.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ 'Strictly 4 My ? ' getting downplayed.

That's one of his best albums.

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Devin - The Dude

Devin The Dude - Too The Xtreme

Devin The Dude - Just Tryin To Live

Devin The Dude - Waitin To Inhale

All are classic albums. It was a thread made about that awhile ago
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MATW 7 Day Theory PAC classics, AEOM monumental do to the situation. 1st album genius
  • kjrain12
    kjrain12 Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Options
    AEOM is definitely a classic. It was an extremely well executed exercise in indulgence and sprawling happiness.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he does....And the scary ? is Pac could have had easily six or more if Amaru handled the posthumous released albums right.

So much potential classic albums ruined .. smh at least his mum dukes is eating and Pac still considered the GOAT worldwide so it's all good

Bruh who the ? is Amaru??
    Aint that Pacs middle name..

You mean Afeni right??
  • blackstarr
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    Yes he does....And the scary ? is Pac could have had easily six or more if Amaru handled the posthumous released albums right.

So much potential classic albums ruined .. smh at least his mum dukes is eating and Pac still considered the GOAT worldwide so it's all good

Bruh who the ? is Amaru??
    Aint that Pacs middle name..

You mean Afeni right??

Loool yes bruh Amaru Entertainment is Afeni's record label
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But to answer the thread, Pac do have 3 classics & All Eyez On Me is most def is one.

I was a young bad ass ? when that album came out but I remember my older brother, playing that CD every day back in 96'. Not only that but you couldn't walk outside without hearing that CD & the album goes in too
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illmatic, it was written I am if ya'll saying pac had 3
  • blackstarr
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    illmatic, it was written I am if ya'll saying pac had 3

NAS the GOAT but you can't compare I am to the aforementioned Pac albums... ? was disappointing. Throw Stillmatic in there and you might have a case bruh
  • matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    And they sold at least 3 mil each
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

How are you putting anything above MATW?
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Yeah he does.they 3= classics.and dude who said others hav 3 consequtives is lying.em came closest
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Does a bear ? in the woods?

BTW, there's a lot of cats with 3 consecutive classics.

Who????

Cube
    Tribe
    PE
    Eric B/Rakim
    EPMD
    Kast (might have 4 or 5 depending on how you look at it)
    Redman
    Even though the IC hates his guts... Em

I only wacked because of that white ? EM
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    There is no best artist no one is not Pac,Nas, or Rakim.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    2pacalypse would of been a classic if it had better producers. And SMH at ? downplayin AEOM. U would of said this about LAD ? would jump on ya in here
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Im not understanding this All Eyes On Me backlash from alotta you guys. He was making great songs for the street ? , people that like to go clubbing, backpack cats liked the album, Pac was spittin extra focused, and he was rapping over some of the best production beatwise of his career. Im starting to think people on here just say stuff to go against the grain n ? because I dont understand why its not a classic all of a sudden.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went back in heard AEOM once moe. Cuz mad cats was sayin its OK. How can U be a hiphop fan and say this album aint a classic? Even NYC cats shud admit it. ? and Red was on it if I recall
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    And All Eyez On Me was his dopest ? doe. Just sayin AEOM is a classic
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Went back in heard AEOM once moe. Cuz mad cats was sayin its OK. How can U be a hiphop fan and say this album aint a classic? Even NYC cats shud admit it. ? and Red was on it if I recall

Yeah, that "Mind made up" joint is one of my favorite songs of all time

• Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    Had 2 cosign u homie. But ya know ? and Red had a junt tho?
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    Options
    pac got 5 classics imo 2pacalypse now strictly 4 my ? me against the world all eyez on me and the 7 day theory
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Im not understanding this All Eyes On Me backlash from alotta you guys. He was making great songs for the street ? , people that like to go clubbing, backpack cats liked the album, Pac was spittin extra focused, and he was rapping over some of the best production beatwise of his career. Im starting to think people on here just say stuff to go against the grain n ? because I dont understand why its not a classic all of a sudden.

of course they gonna hate on the goat especially new york ? because that is when pac became a threat to reign in power so they gonna hate on all eyez on me and all his death row music.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No