• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread full of feelings
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Single Mother
    My father was always around, I just lived with my mother and grandmother.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Both Parents (Biological)
    Both parents raised me. They got married 10 years after I was born.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Single Mother
    Thread full of feelings

lol
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parents have been married for 36 years. Only knew eachother 1 month before they got married.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Single Mother
    My mom. My dad was too ? half the time the other he decided to whoop everyones ass when in fact my trill ass momma two pieced him as long as he didnt get the jump on her.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @oceanic @icecoldstew

What was it like being a male and being raised by just ur father primarily? Cuz u always hear stories about single mothers raising boys, but not the opposite....

Wonder why....
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mom and pops. they divorced when i was 19. ? i wish he would of left when i was younger though
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL.....

What about the father-in-law...........

• goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Married 28 years until pops passed from Cancer
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Other
    @oceanic @icecoldstew

What was it like being a male and being raised by just ur father primarily? Cuz u always hear stories about single mothers raising boys, but not the opposite....

Wonder why....

Different to say the least. I sorta knew why my pops got custody of me and my bro despite the obvious things my mom told me so I was never like "why the ? did she just leave us?" But besides that It wasn't bad cause my dad is a cool ass dude and he did his best to get what we needed on top of being able to play sports all year long(that's all I cared about). The only bad part about it would be the side effects of not having the "motherly love" growing up I can imagine most ppl get lol so I ended up being an ? with no feelings.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Both biological parents under THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. Married almost 28 yrs.

Lol @ some of yall wanting so bad to claim the "both parents" choice when they was never married and lived in different locations.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My parents have been married 31 years.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Single Father
    bambu wrote: »
    LOL.....

He was a deadbeat. Spent a lot of his life in jail and/or strung out on drugs. I don't respect him choosing that life over being available for his children and being faithful to his wife but he is family so I'm working on being patient with him.
  • bambu
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    LOL.....

He was a deadbeat. Spent a lot of his life in jail and/or strung out on drugs.

Didn't stop him from laying hands on your ass tho'............

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Single Father
    LOL.....

Ha. He ain't never once lay his hands on me. Like I said, I told him he couldn't stay with us once and it ? him off but he ain't got no choice but to respect it. You wish someone would put their hands on me.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @oceanic @icecoldstew

Wonder why....

Different to say the least. I sorta knew why my pops got custody of me and my bro despite the obvious things my mom told me so I was never like "why the ? did she just leave us?" But besides that It wasn't bad cause my dad is a cool ass dude and he did his best to get what we needed on top of being able to play sports all year long(that's all I cared about). The only bad part about it would be the side effects of not having the "motherly love" growing up I can imagine most ppl get lol so I ended up being an ? with no feelings.

lol....this is what I was wondering. Cuz alot of what I learned about women I learned from observing my mom or talking to her about them. And u know how they say some dudes raised aoley by a woman develop some feminine traits sometimes, so I always wondered if the roles were reversed, does it affect then differently.
  • bambu
    Options
    LOL.....

Ha. He ain't never once lay his hands on me. Like I said, I told him he couldn't stay with us once and it ? him off but he ain't got no choice but to respect it. You wish someone would put their hands on me.

Oh.....

I thought you said that he threatened to whop your ass all the time and that he does not think you are good enough for his little girl..........

Carry on.......

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Other
    @oceanic @icecoldstew

Wonder why....

lol....this is what I was wondering. Cuz alot of what I learned about women I learned from observing my mom or talking to her about them. And u know how they say some dudes raised aoley by a woman develop some feminine traits sometimes, so I always wondered if the roles were reversed, does it affect then differently.

Mos def. I didn't start to notice it till I got outta high school mainly cause I really didn't care about girls like that in school. Then I started dating and wondering why this chic and that chic would tell me I had a cold heart and I didn't give a ? about anything but myself lol yea prolly cause mom wasn't around much growing up. O well
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My dad was locked up for 12 years for robbing banks, so I didn't see my father until I was 13. Had no contact with him whatsoever. We still don't have a bond to this day actually. We never had a father son relationship, we just respect each other as man. I love my parents but my mother raised me
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Single Mother
    I was mostly raised by my mother and was around my mother's side of the family most of the time but my dad was around but he paid his child support but he wasn't involved as he should have been.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biologicial Mother/Step Father
    I got a step dad. I look up to my grandpa as my male rolemodel tho. Step dad is... Not like the rest of the family.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parents were married 25 years at the time of my Dad's passing.