What is the single scariest movie you have ever seen?

Options
LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
I currently looking for some good scary movies to watch. I dont think i've ever seen one that has really managed to ? me... all though the original exorcist was pretty freaky.

What are some recommendations?

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you seen the Woman in Black?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ring, grudge etc.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't find scary movies all that scary but i love them....woman in black was cool 1st nightmare use to creep me out as a kid tho with the goat and Freddy's long arms and the school scene....a good scary movie is 11/11/11 insidious was cool too
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zombie, Cannibal Holocaust, Suspiria, and Demons.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carrie ? me up bad. I saw that when I was like 7 years old.
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Sixth Sense
    The Possession Of Michael D
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    220px-The_Howling_%281981_film%29_poster.jpg

? this movie right here.

I really think we've been desensitized or just plain out seen it all. I watch alot of horror films and i really dont find any of em scary.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Candyman. Saw it when i was young and it ? me up.

Also IT made me terrified of clowns.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's Your Caddy?

I was terrified for one of my favorite rapper's legacy...
  • stoneface
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i don't find scary movies all that scary but i love them....woman in black was cool 1st nightmare use to creep me out as a kid tho with the goat and Freddy's long arms and the school scene....a good scary movie is 11/11/11 insidious was cool too

Yeah, that movie is slept on, it sure as ? wasn't the scariest ever but it had its moments.

lol @ antoseeg...feelings?
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Ring. It wasn't even the japanese version but I saw that ? tooooo young. Didn't help my dad told me the story of la llorona the same gotdamn night(we lived by a ? ditch too). Those two undead ? teamed up in a nightmare and chased me around the Rio Grande the like ate me. It was one of those lucid dreams too so that ? felt real as ? . To this day I cant watch that movie nor can I look at a picture of the crazy ? llorona
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    recent ones? Sinister. First movie in a long time that used its soundtrack to set up the scares.

• dubya03
    dubya03 Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The Exorcist,The Omen,The Brood,The Shining, when I was a youngster these films creeped me out something serious...I suppose because they all centered around ? up kids .
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember being a kid and seeing sixth sense in the movie theater. Couldnt sleep for days after that
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blair witch scared me for a bit cause to get to the building I lived at you had to walk by 5 minutes of forest on one side and a cemetery on the other. Lost mad weight off the strength of that ? . Even after finding out it was fake a ? was hustling when it got dark.

The "fourth kind" ? with me cause there would always be a gang of birds on the window will whenever I woke up. Regardless of whether I was sleeping at night or during the day. My girl stopped sleeping over for a month. I started clapping some of the birds with my bb. They don't ? around no more.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    event horizon ? with me heavy the first time i watched it
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    event horizon ? with me heavy the first time i watched it

one of my favorites
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched It right after getting my tonsils removed so i was high as ? from the surgery and some tabs and my ? , i haven't watched that movie since then...im.shook
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was contemplating this with some coworkers the other day. There have been good scary movies, but I can't think of any recently that were really scary like that.

I think it may have been The Ring for me. Watching things move like spiders, with that jerky movement, weirds me out. Like when ol' girl in The Grudge came down those steps and got in dude's face? Nah fam. I'm good.

I like The Haunting in Connecticut, The Strangers (more of a thriller), The Birds (they did an awesome job at setting up an eerie ambiance.), The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, The Last House On The Left (both of em), Rob Zombie's first Halloween...

And to you people saying Sinister...Really? I was so let down by that movie. It looked like it had so much potential, and I like Hawke as an actor, but that flick really left something to be desired IMHO.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    I was contemplating this with some coworkers the other day. There have been good scary movies, but I can't think of any recently that were really scary like that.

I think it may have been The Ring for me. Watching things move like spiders, with that jerky movement, weirds me out. Like when ol' girl in The Grudge came down those steps and got in dude's face? Nah fam. I'm good.

I like The Haunting in Connecticut, The Strangers (more of a thriller), The Birds (they did an awesome job at setting up an eerie ambiance.), The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, The Last House On The Left (both of em), Rob Zombie's first Halloween...

And to you people saying Sinister...Really? I was so let down by that movie. It looked like it had so much potential, and I like Hawke as an actor, but that flick really left something to be desired IMHO.

accurate post here.. movies just ain't really scary like for adults.

try a serious horror novel if you want to be scared as an adult - read IT and try to tell me there is a movie that frightening, ? just doesn't exist. any of the movies in fact ain't ? compared to King's books, writing just gets into your psyche far deeper than a movie can because it forces you to imagine the worst.

if IT is too big start with some short stories - I'd recommend Skeleton Crew, there's some seriously ? up stories in that books.

or read Pet Semetary.. because if you thought the movie was scary let me tell you the movie ain't ? , in fact, its a ? joke compared to the book.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For real man.. alright. I saw the movie IT when i was 4 or 5. Terrified me.

9th grade im 14 years old. We have to do a book report. A book that we had to read for half the semester and ? .

My ? chooses IT. Cuz i aint no sucka.

? ? me up more. Its worse when you use your own imagination of what everything in the book looks like lol.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie scared the ? out of me as a kid..that damn troll in the wall 220px-Cat's_Eye_(poster).JPG
  • stoneface
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

That's exactly how I feel about that movie. And that little unnecessary ? at the end almost ruined it for me.