The Official 2013-2014 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Saban on his ? .......... Auburn's line, speed of the game got to JAmeiss.....
    FOH. Them bluffing and confusing scheme wise did it. Auburns front is no more athletic than Clemson.

FSU's line was the one dominating. Like when they 280 pound DE boxed in Auburns running QB who they say runs a 4.4.

Auburn line dominated the FSU line. FSU changed the scheme to quick passes and J. Winston running the ball. They made the LBs fall back and the D-line wasnt in full pass rush mode. Also changes in block and formations helped the run game. Auburn's D-line is not great but they played a good game.

FSU D-line play got better as the game continued cause they diagnosed the read option better. They stopped chasing ghost and stayed in place. The play you mentioned was the result of staying in place and doing his job.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Who is that CB on Auburn? #11

That ? is ass cheeks & should be shot.

Woo pig Sooiiieee!

I knew they Dbs could get got. They bite on ? and dont have great recovery speed. They cant tackle for ? either. The DBs has always been there weakness. Even though #11 is their best CBs IMO. If he tacked better they would have won.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The same damn thing that happened to Clemson happened to Auburn, close in on Greene on a simple pattern and he escapes them. They were deep in Auburn territory with 50 seconds.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    PFT's early 2014 top 5

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/07/an-early-top-10-for-2014/

1. Ohio State – The Buckeyes return the Heisman front runner in Braxton Miller and a ton of other playmakers on both sides of the ball. After going 24-2 in his first two years in Columbus, Urban Meyer finally has the roster in place to win the first national title under the new College Football Playoff system.

2. Oregon – If Miller is the Heisman favorite, Marcus Mariota isn’t too far behind. He returns to lead an explosive Duck offense that should once again wreak havoc on opposing defenses. On the other side of the ball is a unit led by Ifo Ekpre-Olomu that could be the best defense in school history.

3. Auburn – For all the magic and luck Auburn needed to get to the BCS title game, remember that it was only Year One of the Gus Malzahn Era on The Plains. Give the man another spring ball and add a stellar recruiting class to the mix and watch him mold a new juggernaut consisting of players who buy in completely with what he’s trying to accomplish. It helps that the ever-improving Nick Marshall and a bevy of talented young defenders are set to return for another go-around.

4. Oklahoma – No one should’ve been that surprised by OU’s upset of Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. It’s Oklahoma, after all. This is a program that is always loaded with talent. Quarterback Trevor Knight showed glimpses of a bright future against the Tide and could develop into one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the country in 2014. The Sooner defensive front seven is an elite group on par with those units from the early Bob Stoops era.

5. Florida State – What will the Seminoles do for an encore? Well, first they’ve got to figure out how many key players from this year’s squad will be heading to the NFL. Devonta Freeman, James Wilder, Jr., Timmie Jernigan and Kelvin Benjamin could all leave early for the draft, while seniors Lamarcus Joyner, Telvin Smith and Bryan Stork will all be gone, too. Still, Jameis Winston returns and the treasure trove of talent on defense means FSU should once again be the team to beat in the ACC.

No way in hell FSU is ranked that low with the Jameis hype train going full speed. Right on the money with OU tho. But we might be ranked higher than that.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks like tebow may have found his calling
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvzlzj-Ya7c&feature=player_embedded

• caddo man
    edited January 2014
    Options
    BCS Championship Game loser Auburn is No. 2, followed by South Carolina at No. 4 (highest finish in school history), Missouri at No. 5, Alabama at No. 7, LSU weighing in at No. 14, Texas A&M at 18th and Vanderbilt at 24th.

For the first time since 2007, every SEC team lost at least two games.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Other notables to Cheap Seats is:
    OU is 6th
    USC is 19th
    UCF is 10th
    Baylor is 13th
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2014
    Options
    lol @ south carolina in the top 5. Trying to keep the patch alive I see.

Hats off to the boy Big Game Bob tho. The most injuries, suspensions, and QB controversy we've had in his tenure and we finish in the top 6 and stifle the Nick Saban era.

Got the playoff on deck next year, so we gotta focus on gettin' that 45th Conference 'ship before we can get that #8 National thang.

Baylor and Taco Tech will be the only real challenge.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LSU should be starting another black QB next year.

I can dig it.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    LSU should be starting another black QB next year.

I can dig it.

Man if Brandon Harris from Bossier City comes in and takes the starting job, Rivers and the Rettig kid are transferring. Especially if LSU gets the Patterson kids from Shreveport in 2015.

Jennings need to show he wont get rattled like he did in the Iowa game. Wisconsin dont have any good DBs next year so that will be a good game to get his confidence back.
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I know one thing, if Joe Mixon doesn't pan out as a player (or after he retires) he got a bright future as a recruiter.

Nikka act like he on staff.

PRIMETIME!!!⚡ ‏@Joe_MainMixon 6m
    Got my boy @NatrellCurtis to commit to OU! @TreyL55 @IAmTheOne_9 @ItsQuicker is next! Lets get it! #Boomer

TreyL55 = Trey Lealaimatafo
    IAmTheOne_9 = KD Cannon
    ItsQuicker = Michiah Quick

And just when it looked like we were about to lose the #1 player in Oklahoma to aTm...

Steven Parker ‏@Lil_Stevie21

Good talking with my bro! @Joe_MainMixon that talk is what I needed yo!

Already got big Natrell Curtis in.

My ? ...

04XT8yjl.jpg
  • caddo man
    Options

Hats off to the boy Big Game Bob tho. The most injuries, suspensions, and QB controversy we've had in his tenure and we finish in the top 6 and stifle the Nick Saban era.

Got the playoff on deck next year, so we gotta focus on gettin' that 45th Conference 'ship before we can get that #8 National thang.

South Carolina beat up Wisconsin. Look for Connor Shaw to get some looks from NFL scout. He has the intangibles.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    SMMFH @ South Carolina being ranked number 4. Gotta listen to these ? believe their own hype for another year smh. I've never seen so many moral victory ass folks in my life. "Well at least we beat Clemson" "Well we beat Mizzouri and they almost beat the team that almost won the National Championship" Lol
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

South Carolina beat up Wisconsin. Look for Connor Shaw to get some looks from NFL scout. He has the intangibles.

lol. They "beat up" a team ranked 10 spots lower than them by 10 points. foh
  • Matt-
    Options
    Stephen Garcia to the Arena League after using up all 9 years of eligibility as SCAR
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So glad to not have to hear this SEC ? no more.

Nebraska got it started. (beat UGA)
    OU brought it home. (beat Bama)
    FSU finished it off.

how do those teams correlate?

Man I thought we were talking about BCSNC Games.

I called FSU winning because I didnt believe in Auburn but the SEC had 10 bowls this year. Guess what their records was? In the end, They are still the best overall conference.

The PAC -12 will have the next run of champions in my opinion. But with the abundance of players in the Southeast region, the SEC will still be in the upper echelon.

Only 1 bowl mattered, y'all can have that best conference ? if you want. We beat the so-called best team from the so-called best conference, but I guess we still have not played anybody tho.

Go back and look at which scc bowl game was the most impressive win. 2 scc powers caught L's in the BCS bowls tho.
  • caddo man
    Options

Did you watch the game? ..................................Didnt think so.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Did you watch the game? ..................................Didnt think so.

Try again. Wisconsin even led at half time. Thanks tho.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

FSU finished it off.

I called FSU winning because I didnt believe in Auburn but the SEC had 10 bowls this year. Guess what their records was? In the end, They are still the best overall conference.

The PAC -12 will have the next run of champions in my opinion. But with the abundance of players in the Southeast region, the SEC will still be in the upper echelon.

Only 1 bowl mattered, y'all can have that best conference ? if you want. We beat the so-called best team from the so-called best conference, but I guess we still have not played anybody tho.

Go back and look at which scc bowl game was the most impressive win. 2 scc powers caught L's in the BCS bowls tho.

Stop hatin', bruh.

SEC is awmee, betta yet a nav-e.
    JqF0IEy.gif
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time to throw the BCS era in the bushes and bring on the playoffs

Yall keep sayin thia but dont think ita gon b all roses.
    PFT's early 2014 top 5

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/07/an-early-top-10-for-2014/

1. Ohio State – The Buckeyes return the Heisman front runner in Braxton Miller and a ton of other playmakers on both sides of the ball. After going 24-2 in his first two years in Columbus, Urban Meyer finally has the roster in place to win the first national title under the new College Football Playoff system.

2. Oregon – If Miller is the Heisman favorite, Marcus Mariota isn’t too far behind. He returns to lead an explosive Duck offense that should once again wreak havoc on opposing defenses. On the other side of the ball is a unit led by Ifo Ekpre-Olomu that could be the best defense in school history.

3. Auburn – For all the magic and luck Auburn needed to get to the BCS title game, remember that it was only Year One of the Gus Malzahn Era on The Plains. Give the man another spring ball and add a stellar recruiting class to the mix and watch him mold a new juggernaut consisting of players who buy in completely with what he’s trying to accomplish. It helps that the ever-improving Nick Marshall and a bevy of talented young defenders are set to return for another go-around.

4. Oklahoma – No one should’ve been that surprised by OU’s upset of Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. It’s Oklahoma, after all. This is a program that is always loaded with talent. Quarterback Trevor Knight showed glimpses of a bright future against the Tide and could develop into one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the country in 2014. The Sooner defensive front seven is an elite group on par with those units from the early Bob Stoops era.

5. Florida State – What will the Seminoles do for an encore? Well, first they’ve got to figure out how many key players from this year’s squad will be heading to the NFL. Devonta Freeman, James Wilder, Jr., Timmie Jernigan and Kelvin Benjamin could all leave early for the draft, while seniors Lamarcus Joyner, Telvin Smith and Bryan Stork will all be gone, too. Still, Jameis Winston returns and the treasure trove of talent on defense means FSU should once again be the team to beat in the ACC.

No way in hell FSU is ranked that low with the Jameis hype train going full speed. Right on the money with OU tho. But we might be ranked higher than that.

Such a dumb list.

'Osu returns braxton miller' Didnt we do this already.

Braxton milker is the heisman favorite?? Really?

Fsu has 3 rbs good enough to b stars on other teams. Even if 2 leave, Karlos Williams might b the best of all 3 anyway.

That guy who ran backthe 100 yd ko. Freshman.

Fsu will undoubtedly b #1 and should be
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This playoff ? will turn out worst

How many one L teams they had this year.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    If they stick to the "4 best Conference champs" format then that'll work just fine and automatically be better than the current format.

Anything more would water down the regular season.

I DO NOT want CFB regular season to be like college basketball. To me this is the perfect balance.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

FSU finished it off.

Damn its a new conference??
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly. nggas sayin 'great game. Way to end it and bring on the playoffs'. Uhhhh lol

If the playoffs woulda been in this yr, Auburn's miracle woulda been rewarded with a nice tidy rematch a week or so later.
  • Matt-
    Options

no it won't. A playoff format with a few issues is indescribably better than the current system of determining a champion