A Song of Ice and Fire (book readers thread) *WARNING SPOILERS*

Options
Tymoney19
Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Created this so book readers can discuss ASOIAF books and speculate where the plot is going.

first question: who are Jons parents?
2nd: who are the three dragon riders
3rd: who will ultimately win the GOT

Drop any other questions yall got.

Comments

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Book readers gonna ignore this thread like a "post your STD" thread.
    Them ? would rather stay in the show thread, and tell non book readers whats gonna happen like hoes.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Book readers gonna ignore this thread like a "post your STD" thread.
    Them ? would rather stay in the show thread, and tell non book readers whats gonna happen like hoes.

That's not necessarily true. In my case I try not to foreshadow or give anything away, I usually try to reference to the book after the episode. And if I do give any info I put it in a spoiler like ya'll asked us book readers to do.....but then yall got all pissy about us doing that after the fact too....aint our fault we're following procedure and dumb ? keep clicking a button that says SPOILERS big as day on it.

And don't make it seem like its just book readers.....there are plenty of non-book readers in the show thread that directly ask for information. I have no problem splitting between 2 threads but some of yall ? make it seem like its the end of the world.... mind you we may be ahead of yall in certain info....but the series isn't finished yet we have no idea where it is truly going.
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    I really hope this dude Goerge Martin stays alive to finish it. He doesn't look to healthy
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    I really hope this dude Goerge Martin stays alive to finish it. He doesn't look to healthy

yeah he needs to lose weight....

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's obvious Jon snows parents are.... I didn't think that was a secret it's Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. Heorge RR Martin pretty much stated Jon Snow is alive. He'll comeback to life with white hair and will end up taking one of the dragons. Jon Snow will probably win it all and become the rider of viserion.
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    ? prolly ? him for spoilers
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    It's obvious Jon snows parents are.... I didn't think that was a secret it's Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. Heorge RR Martin pretty much stated Jon Snow is alive. He'll comeback to life with white hair and will end up taking one of the dragons. Jon Snow will probably win it all and become the rider of viserion.

I don't think its that simple about his parents. there was some talk in the books about his mother being a milk nurse or something. Another one is Ashara Dayne who commited suicide after Ned  killed her brother at the tower of joy.
  • BlackxChild
    Options

I don't think its that simple about his parents. there was some talk in the books about his mother being a milk nurse or something. Another one is Ashara Dayne who commited suicide after Ned  killed her brother at the tower of joy.

Yes it is obvious its that simple... Ned died throughout the first book Ned was constantly hearing his sisters voice to keep their secret.... Think about it for a second how can you figure out who Jon Snows mom is if its 2 lame characters who mean nothing to the series.

Another big think is Dani knows the rightful heir to the throne her cousin is still alive meaning? Rhaegar Targaryen had a son if Robert found out about her son and that a man he hated had a child with Leana he would have killed Jon snow. Leana loved Rhaegar, its simple its not that hard to figure out.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    How are you going to find out Ned and Lyannas secret if their both dead? There's to many hits that Rhaegar and Lyanna are the parents.
  • BlackxChild
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Jon "Snow" being dragons blood would be a good twist tho...and it would be appropriate for him to have linked w aemon ( the closest and only accepted targeryn in westeros)

..as u can tell I'm on the fence about that theory. Soooounds good but not completely

Lyanna is Ned's sister of course he's going to have Ned's features.... It's also stated that Arya looks like Lyanna and Jon Snow looks more like Arya. Of course Jon snow is going to act like Ned he raised him.

The question you need to ask yourself is what was the secret Ned was suppose to keep with Lyanna that kept being repeated over and over again. Then ask yourself whats the point to the secret if both Ned and Lyanna are dead and if its constantly mentioned it must be important so how will you find out this secret? If Robert found out that Lyanna who fell in love with Rhaegar had a child with him he would have killed the baby. Then ask yourself whose going to end up being Rhaegars child and then ask who is the mother if not his queen (he had a child that's been confirmed).
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    What about dorne being so targeryn like tho? Light hair and eyes...hot tempered and anti this regime?

there are probably 3 tarrgeryans one for each dragon Jon snows dog is white and theirs a white dragon.
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    Ok now what about the possibility of Tyrion being a Targanyen. In a dance of dragons it's mentioned that the mad king might've taken wedding rights from Tywin and that's where Tywins intense hate for Targs come into play. He states many times in the series that Tyrion isn't his son.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, i have the e-books if someone can post a host link so i could upload them.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The three riders for the dragon (as up to date as possible are) Danny, the dude from the Greyjoy islands (cos he's got the dragon horn) and lastly fake Targaryean.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Ok now what about the possibility of Tyrion being a Targanyen. In a dance of dragons it's mentioned that the mad king might've taken wedding rights from Tywin and that's where Tywins intense hate for Targs come into play. He states many times in the series that Tyrion isn't his son.
    Yea I thought of that I think it has to be a pov character as the other 2 who are going to ride on the other 2 dragons.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still holding out hope that jon is a targeryan. I also think that tyrion is a bastard. he looks nothing like jamie cers joff or any of the other lannisters
  • bignorm
    Options
    Tywin basically said Tyrion wasn't his son tonight.
    He said he was a Lannister (his wifes son), but he also said
    "I raised you as my son". A funny thing to say if he was actually his kid.
  • bignorm
    Options