Ray Donovan.....anybody checking for it?

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll give it a watch. It could end up being dope.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    meh. Im not a fan of that dude as a actor. I'd rather that role was played by Bobby Cannavale aka Gyp Rosetti. I think he woulda done it better justice.

whatever tho, I'll watch cuz it comes on right after Dexter.
  • marc123
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When that ? start?
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    I actually liked it....it has the dark humor....didn't care for the dream sequence though....however I got a feeling that the story that will unfold will be really good.....or really bad....I'm itching to know why everybody is shook of his father
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    I actually liked it....it has the dark humor....didn't care for the dream sequence though....however I got a feeling that the story that will unfold will be really good.....or really bad....I'm itching to know why everybody is shook of his father

Cuz he does ? like what he did to the Priest.
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    CheifThird wrote: »

Cuz he does ? like what he did to the Priest.

yeah but I wanna know specifics....why was it that Ray set him up?....who were all involved?....and the priest deserved it...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks like the male version of scandal......sub out Dc issues for LA issues....pass on this
  • marc123
    Options
    it was coo imo. but ALOTTA ? happened in that 1st episode.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My boys said it was meh.. so currently I'm passing on it.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First episode is a good setup, but let's be funky: this is going to be like Homeland and be ruined by the wife/teenage daughter.

Your dad/husband whose been there your whole life, loving, and providing for you asks you to not ? with his father. Naturally, they're all going to side with the old man because dad ? a ? or two, thus negating the years of good work he's put in.

I'll watch it with low expectations.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    show has potential but i wasnt blown away. kept waiting for that moment to reel me in completely like I've gotten in the premiere of great new shows like Hannibal, the Americans or even Banshee.

great cast but the best thing by far on the show is Jon Voight, loved the dark humor and charmisca he brought to the role from doing blow with the sister to eye banging the chick breast feeding. He has no shame and i love it.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Voight is such a creepy ? . ? he was even creepy in Anaconda.

It might be okay. I feel like Ray Donavon may be too big of a ? for me to like him as the main character. I might watch a few more episodes. There really ain't ? else this time of year to watch.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    meh. Im not a fan of that dude as a actor. I'd rather that role was played by Bobby Cannavale aka Gyp Rosetti. I think he woulda done it better justice.

whatever tho, I'll watch cuz it comes on right after Dexter.

Gyp a beast but he too cartoony for this role
  • Will Munny
    Options
    man wtf, not sure I'm really feeling this show. Jon Voigt is excellent thus far tho.

So Ray ? up a ? , then feels kinda bad so he tries to tell it some life lessons in a tough love kind of way, then feels really bad for it so he goes and swindles some money outta that Stew guy so it can get its ? chopped off.

man wtf....
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    man wtf, not sure I'm really feeling this show. Jon Voigt is excellent thus far tho.

So Ray ? up a ? , then feels kinda bad so he tries to tell it some life lessons in a tough love kind of way, then feels really bad for it so he goes and swindles some money outta that Stew guy so it can get its ? chopped off.

man wtf....

Uh....yeah.....I really wasn't feelin the second ep......I really want them to further elaborate on mickey and rays background
  • marc123
    edited July 2013
    Options
    yea. Jon Voigt is killin it.

overall show is okay so far. nothing great. im hopin it gets better.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Kind of pointless thus far. Smh.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's good, but almost too tense to keep going
  • Will Munny
    Options
    The show is just okay thus far. Voigt is keeping me tuned in the most he's hilarious.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    John Voigt is continuing to be the only reason I watch this show anymore.
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Voight is a beast...that is all
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

great cast but the best thing by far on the show is Jon Voight, loved the dark humor and charmisca he brought to the role from doing blow with the sister to eye banging the chick breast feeding. He has no shame and i love it.

Dude's stealing the show.

Almost every scene he's in is pure comedy......and he's not even trying to be funny:

1. Asking his grandson if he's a a ? .

2. Going to the library to look up twerk videos

3. Unwittingly going into a ? bar and being totally oblivious to it being a ? bar.

He should at least get an emmy nomination for his role.

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    yea. Jon Voigt is killin it.

overall show is okay so far. nothing great. im hopin it gets better.
    The show is just okay thus far. Voigt is keeping me tuned in the most he's hilarious.
    John Voigt is continuing to be the only reason I watch this show anymore.
    GTariq wrote: »
    Jon Voight is a beast...that is all

All of the above.