PS4 and Xbox One Size Comparison

Options
KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
w6ft5Qp.png
Zb73jte.png
suG4zA6.png

Spec sheets already confirm XBONE to be 65% larger than the PS4.

Also PS4 has no power brick, it's an internal PSU and this is TBD for XBONE.

It's also very light at 2.8kg or 6lbs. Compare that to launch PS3 at 7kg or 15lbs... PS4 is only 40% of PS3 weight.

PS4...
50% more powerful
65% smaller
and $100/£80 cheaper

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the launch PS3 was 15 lbs???? jesus...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea, it was real heavy. Cost me US$ 285 to ship it here (one day).
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That ? was a monster. It even had the option of doing double duty as an all terrain vehicle.

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't be mad at that £349 price tag. I hope the game prices come down to regular prices pretty quick though.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    I can't be mad at that £349 price tag. I hope the game prices come down to regular prices pretty quick though.
    You mean broke ? prices?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More powerful and smaller?

The PS3 had the internal power thats why the fat ones looked like Foreman grills
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Game prices are gonna be the same as this gen
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that confirmed for both systems? That's a smart move. It will probably lead to more systems being bought around launch. After all, why continue buy current gen games when you can get next gen games for the same price?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Is that confirmed for both systems? That's a smart move. It will probably lead to more systems being bought around launch. After all, why continue buy current gen games when you can get next gen games for the same price?

if its similar to the PS3 and 360 launch the multiplat games were buggy/ not as polished as the same titles on the PS2/XB/GC

Im gonna wait to see what the verdict is cause Ill get Battlefield 4/Watch Dogs/GTA5 on PS4 if they run good since Im getting it day 1.

Watch Dogs looks like the PS4/XB1 version is the better buy
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS4...
    50% more powerful
    65% smaller
    and $100/£80 cheaper
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

if its similar to the PS3 and 360 launch the multiplat games were buggy/ not as polished as the same titles on the PS2/XB/GC

Im gonna wait to see what the verdict is cause Ill get Battlefield 4/Watch Dogs/GTA5 on PS4 if they run good since Im getting it day 1.

Yeah you're right about that. I'm not pressed either way. I still got Dark Souls 2 and Lords of Shadow 2 to look forward to for next year. I only get to play one single player game and one multiplayer game at a time anyway.
  • Broddie
    Options
    GTA V is coming to PS4? uh whut?!?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    GTA V is coming to PS4? uh whut?!?

lol IDK is it? I remember seeing it somewhere
  • Broddie
    Options
    No it definitely isn't. That would've been everywhere if it was.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wii u looks like a nice system and i like the control but Nintendo needs to get with the times smh...only reason i bought gamecube was cuz of re exclusivity and mgs exclusivity 1st party too but Mario sunshine and windwaker really wasn't what i was expecting
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Windwaker was dope to me I liked the art style and cell shading.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wii u looks like a nice system and i like the control but Nintendo needs to get with the times smh...only reason i bought gamecube was cuz of re exclusivity and mgs exclusivity 1st party too but Mario sunshine and windwaker really wasn't what i was expecting
    Gamecube didn't have MGS exclusivity
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it had the remake or w.e it was for the cube
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was exclusive to gamecube
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Think all game will run better on ps4/xbone than ps3/xbox360 since games are made on pc first and ported down to the consoles.

• scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    original.jpg
    ps4 box art revealed
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was exclusive to gamecube
    Yep I had to cop it it was nice to play a version of metal gear where snake has an actual face... It made the game better... I hope there is a remake of the original 2 Metal Gears.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ewww

Metal Gear Solid remake on the GCN is ass.