300: Rise of an Empire Official Trailer #1 (2014)

Options

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope movie, always enjoyed the cinematic approach to the 300 series. Like Rubato said the interwoven plot was a nice touch too
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie, yeah he shouldn't have said no. That was some series intense hate ? .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First

1. Xerxes is ? as hell with his Men on Film outfits
    2. Eva Green and Monica Belluci are my two goat white ? in movies, guaranteed to see ? and ?
    3. Smash Leonitus wife, she gave the ? away to some regular ? for a political move. I know I could ?
    4. If you studied Western Civ you would know it was Xerxes who actually united Greece
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was aiight!
    I think it was a more complete movie than the first but I guess the originality and just how good an action actor Gerard Butler is just makes me prefer the first one.

I still smirk at the undercover propaganda of both movies but it's whatever.

Best part of this movie was that ? ?
    cot dayum they were sitting up. Went with a chick and even she had to admit that ? ? were goat.

Funny enough I don't even like that actresses face lol she just an ok becky to me.

Cosign what was said earlier, I was in the movie theater like y tf this ? gave her an answer and ain't buss yet....? would've had me agree to redecorating my place with polka dots while I was in that ? .....afterwards though
    Dikembe-Mutombo.png

Nahh ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm I the only one who doesn't like Leonidas wife's arrogant ass?
    All the bs could've been avoided if they joined up with Athens navy from the jump

And yeah just like the first its loaded with a bunch of racial undertones @‌Gns

And when is xerxes ginna lay the hands of ? king on someone?
    And what kind of powers was he granted?
    And he reminded me of en saba nur
  • Copper
    Options
    Also Spartans>>>>Athenians when it comes to hand to hand combat

The Athenians had farmers and artist winning navy battles though
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spartans only could have the lifestyle they had because of all the slavery they had in their society. They were ? .

And yeah Leonida's wife a total ? . Talkin bout how bad her losses were and ? . She was selfish as hell. And seeing her on the battle ships fighting was the worst part of the movie. That was laughable.

Actually, the worst part was the Acadian from the first movie who rode up on a horse and yelled "Leonidas was betrayed by a hunchback!" That ? cracked me up.
  • Copper
    Options
    Xerxes purified himself in lake minnetonka and arose a 9 foot golden Prince
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao

Hollywood bro

Greeks look like northern europeans in this series eventhough they look like turkish peeps in real life lol

who really cares in the end though

movie was entertaining but lacked butlers one liners and overall epicness imo, navy battles were weak as ? (dutchman here, I know bout them voc battles).

gonna watch the next one no doubt.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I'm I the only one who doesn't like Leonidas wife's arrogant ass?
    All the bs could've been avoided if they joined up with Athens navy from the jump

And yeah just like the first its loaded with a bunch of racial undertones @‌Gns

And when is xerxes gonna lay the hands of ? king on someone?
    And what kind of powers was he granted?
    And he reminded me of en saba nur

lmao
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xerxes did smack Ava Green though * shrugs *
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C/s the racial undertones. Yall see when the Persians sent in the suicide bombers? (The ? who swam to the Greek ships with backpacks on)
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, the racist overtones were insane.

The greeks look closer to mixed people than they do northern europeans.

The Persians were dark and light skin, but this ? is just really racists making them look like savages and egotistical monsters when in reality Greece was no different and the Spartans weren't freedom riders at all like Will Munny said. The historical accuracy is ? poor, but the action was so dope it wasn't even funny.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is the movie worth paying for or nah?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I paid and I'd pay to go see it again
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you like the first 300, I'd say you'd like this one. It's a little different, but better imo.
  • Copper
    Options

Its as entertaining as it is historically inaccurate and disrespectful

And king Leonidas absence is felt tremendously
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lmao how was this movie disrespectful? Are the Persians seriously salty about this? Crybabies.
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straight, he should've been like yea yea, guys will say whatever to get that nut, what's wrong with that ?
  • Copper
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    lmao how was this movie disrespectful? Are the Persians seriously salty about this? Crybabies.
    if you were Persian you would be easily offended by this film
    Cain wrote: »

They followed the historic events so Leonidas had to be offed. If they follow history in the next movie Xerxes will live and get away free lol.

this film was based on a comic book that was loosely based on history....if they followed history then King Darius would have died of sickness in Persia and not by and arrow from a pale greek man. and xerxes would be a bearded man instead of a 9 foot golden apocalypse with superpowers and the immortals would be brown people dressed in purple clothes instead of goblins ninjas with silver mask and countless of other fantasy ? ...
    NO THIS MOVIE IS NOT BASED ON ACTUAL HISTORIC EVENTS ? ....BUT RATHER HISTORICAL CHARACTERS

you ? probably think AB Lincoln hunting vampires was a biopic
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

They followed the historic events so Leonidas had to be offed. If they follow history in the next movie Xerxes will live and get away free lol.

they probably will have xerxes murked, they did the same with Darrius(he died 3 years after the battle of marathon)

they are just bullshitting mayne
  • Copper
    Options
    cain to old to be thinking this ? is real
  • Copper
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I went to Greece and researched the story as much as I could - walked the battlefield and all of that - and just put it all down. It took a lot of distillation of the genuine history and I'm taking an awful lot of liberties with everything, but that's my job. If you want reality, catch a documentary. - Frank Miller,