So J.Kidd gets a head coaching run but Brian Shaw, Chuck Person, and Patrick Ewing can't???

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
tumblr_m84cxoC3gH1r519v2.gif

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alot of reasons why those guys aren't head coaches

but j.kidd's rise to the the top of the coaching ranks did seem a bit quick.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't Ewing am associate head coach w the Bobcats? Anyway i think j Kidd s higher is real shady
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Same reason why more qualified people get passed up for lesser qualified people. That's life.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is going to be a failure. he has no coaching experience.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know Deron Williams respects the hell out J. Kidd, so it'll be interesting to see how he performs. I think the Russian wants to make the whole league bow down. If next season is a success somehow and Kidd takes this team deep again, he's gonna be able to take the credit for making a bold move. Downside is if this blows up, but you don't become a billionaire playing safe.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't Ewing am associate head coach w the Bobcats? Anyway i think j Kidd s higher is real shady
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    I know Deron Williams respects the hell out J. Kidd, so it'll be interesting to see how he performs. I think the Russian wants to make the whole league bow down. If next season is a success somehow and Kidd takes this team deep again, he's gonna be able to take the credit for making a bold move. Downside is if this blows up, but you don't become a billionaire playing safe.

U don't become a billionaire in post USSR Russia without a few bodies under ur belt
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

We won 49 games with pj carlismo coaching. He's gonna have some good assistant coaches and the nets took a risk and its something the lakers and Knicks wouldn't do with their former players
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Lawrence Frank has been hired as the assistant coach also

@icks86.....I would have thought somebody would have hired B. Shaw by now but Memphis, Clip Set, Celtics (if Doc resigns) and others have vacancies.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B. Shaw might never get a run
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think what's hurting Brian Shaw is that him being considered part of the Phil Jackson coaching tree and wanting to run the triangle offense and most teams ain't built for that and no Phil Jackson assistant that became a head coach has been successful
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Same reason why more qualified people get passed up for lesser qualified people. That's life.

That happens...but what happens even more is older, veteran workers get passed up for younger, more skilled/saavy workers.

Longevity dont mean ? ...and it shouldn't.

I got 3 ladies at my job now probly hired when JFK was in office, and they aint neeeever becoming managers.

I dont agree with J. Kidd's hiring, but this is a business. You hire who's best for the job based on skills, not just b/c they been around a minute. For all we know Ewing is a bumbling idiot in the huddle.

• SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA "coaching searches" are a joke.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    This is going to be a failure. he has no coaching experience.

Neither did Mark Jackson, better to just wait and see what he does.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's all about networking. That's why I try teach these young ones the art of networking and how important it is to your career aspirations.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian Shaw should be a coach.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian Shaw WILL get a head coaching gig.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't see why idiots are too dumb to see this is a risk / reward gamble...

George Karl / Lionell Hollins and other proven coaches: 50 wins and bounces out of the playoffs ..... Who cares... (obviously not the owner) .... He wants a title

Jason Kidd: He could go 20 and 62, or he could go 64 and 18, and get to the finals or eastern conference finals... We don't know...

But I understand some of your minds haven't grown enough to see that. The only hire better would've been Phil Jackson, and he doesn't want to be there.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think what's hurting Brian Shaw is that him being considered part of the Phil Jackson coaching tree and wanting to run the triangle offense and most teams ain't built for that and no Phil Jackson assistant that became a head coach has been successful

Plus there is not too many teams that have the talent to play triangle offense
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brooklyn bout to go 0-82
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    CheifThird wrote: »
    Brian Shaw should be a coach.

WHY??? Besides from him being the 'it' name in a gossip-esque way, WHY??

Please, anyone, feel free to answer intelligently.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Kidd jumped the line here. I'm more mad at the Nets, tho. The ? is the Russian doin, signing off on that man? That half-nigg's retirement papers haven't even been filed yet and he's a coach? A month ago, duke was getting smoked by Lance Stephenson and ? , now they make him the guy in the BK? I don't get this ? at all.

PR stunt at best. He won't be there too long.