Killer Instinct X1 Thread

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in IllGaming
Killer Instinct is an upcoming fighting game in the Killer Instinct series, currently being developed by Rare and Double Helix Games. The game was announced during Microsoft's E3 2013 press event, and will be exclusive to the Xbox One at launch

Posted by SFilp
June 11, 2013 at 12:29 p.m. PDT 64

During the GameSpot E3 2013 stage event a few of the game developers from Double Helix Games were on stage to discuss their newly announced title Killer Instinct.

In particular a few rather important notes were made, the first thing mentioned was that there was a small misconception with the game being free-to-play. While the game is a launch title for the Xbox One, fans will be able to purchase the full game on it's release. There will also be a demo which comes with Jago as playable character where you can play all of the game's modes including online mutliplayer.

If you decided after playing the demo that you liked the game, you can selectively purchase packages which feature various characters.

Yesterday, during the announcement trailer Double Helix also showed off the character Glacius. It was confirmed that he would be fully playable during EVO 2013.

The last thing that was talked about was the game's 40 training lessons to try and teach players how to learn the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5Fj-IuXzw

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks wack, like every other fighter that has ever been made.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to see Cinder
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks intense but I ain't copping a XBOX-1 outta 10 for it
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pray they port this ? . I aint trying to get the xbox. I'll get a wii u before the xbox
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options
    With the way fighting game rosters are these days, they should have everyone from the first two games in this and then some.

Black Orchid
    Chief Thunder
    Cinder
    Eyedol
    Fulgore
    Glacius
    Jago
    Riptor
    Sabrewulf
    Spinal
    T.J. Combo
    Gargos
    Kim Wu
    Maya
    Tusk
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont know why they dont just use GGPO for the netcode like SF3:OE and Darkstalkers

Team has been working on new Killer Instinct's online code from day one, citing Street Fighter 4 and GGPO as gold standard

Team has been working on new Killer Instinct's online code from day one, citing Street Fighter 4 and GGPO as gold standard If you're wondering how the net code for the new Killer Instinct game on Xbox One might shape up, there's a number of examples out there already in the wild.

Patrick Gilmore, studio head at Double Helix Games, said that the team has been working on the online code for the new KI since day one, and they're holding up Street Fighter 4 and GGPO as the gold standard during this process.

Gilmore added that they're striving for a feel that's very true to the original Killer Instinct, but with evolved character designs, but still inspired by the preceding titles.

And possibly taking a page out of Injustice: Gods Among Us, the Gilmore said they're open to hearing ideas about how backgrounds/stages could be made interactable. Hit the jump to read everything.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too bad its exclusive which means the FGC will ignore it
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2013
    Options
    too bad its exclusive which means the FGC will ignore it

no they wont, if its ass itll be ignored lol

That and the fact that PS4 is already the console of choice for tournaments because of XB1's DRM issues

? tournaments are gonna be the only way I can get my hands on it unless it comes to PC
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOLY ? ? that Ultra was EPIC.

Yes I'm copping the ? ass Xbox One, and this'll be the only game I have on it.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks dope as hell, I dont have the time or patients to learn all that ? though.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOLY ? ? that Ultra was EPIC.

Yes I'm copping the ? ass Xbox One, and this'll be the only game I have on it.

If you stay in BR I'll come and play...even pay that Xbox fee for you

• Bcotton5
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Looks dope as hell, I dont have the time or patients to learn all that ? though.

KI combos arent hard at all its the same as Mortal Kombat dial-a-combos
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks promising but having to connect the xboxone to the internet pretty much kills any chance of it having a tournament scene
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not impressed.

That said, the game sounds like it will be better than it's predecessors and is supposed to be pretty good.
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Cinder, Fulgore and Spinal confirmed.
    Development began on Xbox One. It was never in development for Xbox 360 as many seem to believe.
    The demo at E3 is 5 weeks old. They have new builds almost daily.
    The game will be ready in time for Xbox One’s launch.
    It is indeed “free-to-play”, but there will be different packages available to purchase.
    No Mercy’s and Ultimate Combo’s are currently not planned for the game as the developers believe “they aren’t necessary”. This can change, however, if the fan community pushes for them to be included. This would mostly likely happen as patch later on, however.
    Aside from Jago, Sabrewulf and Glacius, returning characters will currently include Fulgore, Spinal and Cinder. They promise to have Cinder more balanced than he was in the original Killer Instinct. There will also be brand new characters designed for the game.
    The game is a blend of both the original Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2/Gold.
    The developers are working very closely with Rare and Ken Lobb on the project. They are also getting feedback from professionals in the gaming fighting scene.
    The E3 Demo alone is over two million lines of code.
    It’s possible to enter an Ultra Combo, exit it, and then re-enter it again for a very powerful Ultra Combo. The developers say they’ve yet to see anyone pull it off.
    The environments in the game are fully destructible. As combos are continually done, the level falls apart. If the match is finished with an Ultra Combo, then the entire arena will “explode”.
    The voices in the game are being recorded by professional actors.
    The combo system is a bit more “streamlined” so that anyone will be able to pull off big combos.

http://www.rarefandabase.com/exclusi...-for-xbox-one/
  • blackkevblazini
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

KI was nowhere near as strict as MK3's tap tap tap tap tap tap dial a combos.
    After you landed the starter you got a bit of leeway as to what you wanted to throw in the middle before you did the ender.
    They were both timing based mechanics, but MK3's combos was a very strict set of buttons that had to be hit before you landed a long combo.

Everybody called KI a MK clone, but ? MK3 was a KI clone, and it failed miserably at that.

• Bcotton5
    Options

lol @ nosigning this KI has always been easy dial a combos theres no timing/linking involved at all if you memorize the buttons you have to press then you got the combo
  • Bcotton5
    Options

After you landed the starter you got a bit of leeway as to what you wanted to throw in the middle before you did the ender.
    They were both timing based mechanics, but MK3's combos was a very strict set of buttons that had to be hit before you landed a long combo.

Everybody called KI a MK clone, but ? MK3 was a KI clone, and it failed miserably at that.

lol that was my point the KI combos are really easy, MK dial a combos in MK3/UMK3 were just about pressing the button sequence really fast
  • blackkevblazini
    Options

lol that was my point the KI combos are really easy, MK dial a combos in MK3/UMK3 were just about pressing the button sequence really fast

They WERE easy, but you had to know what to throw after you did the starter, you right about that.
    And they gave you a pretty good choice. You could mix that ? up nice before the ender came into play.

KI was the ? to me cause a ? who didn't know how the combo system worked was finna get his ass beat FAST, and i've played a lotta ? at that game that didn't give a ? about figuring out what a starter, an auto-double, and and ender was in that game even tho once you figure out them three ? you was a KI ? , and it wasn' that hard really.

• Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Ultra looked lame. It was the same move over n over again..nothing to make me say "damn!"..n I been lookin for a new KI game for a long time. I remember as a kid first walking up n seeing people crowded around that arcade machine
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That Ultra looked lame. It was the same move over n over again..nothing to make me say "damn!"..n I been lookin for a new KI game for a long time. I remember as a kid first walking up n seeing people crowded around that arcade machine

That was pretty much always the case with Ultras right. They'd be 70 hit combos where 45 of those hits were the same move.

Plus long combos just aren't as impressive now as they were when KI first came out. Lots of games have long combos way more impressive than that Ultra.
  • focus
    edited June 2013
    Options
    86 hitter from Jago. Loving those fireball effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4It2O5XHA

• Bcotton5
    Options
  • focus
    Options
    I wouldnt mind seeing Conker in this. They have to give us atleast one random Rare character. All the cool fighting games are doing it.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looks like SF4