Magic ain't nicer than Bird

Options
evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
Magic is the w.o.a.t. analyst. ? should never have a mic near him.

But do ? actually think he is nicer than bird? Really?

Comments

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime:Bird
    Career:Magic
    Overall:Tie
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    They both nice...bird is top 5 though Magic top ten...magic defense and shooting keeps him out of Bird's league
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both are top 7 IMO but I give magic the slight edge. Besides, he won more in their head to head battles in the finals. They have some of the greatest battles of all time
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I love Magic (more than Bird), but Magic had a better cast (not alot better and also depended on the year honestly, cuz Bird had some GOAT teams but for a shorter period than Magic having a better team more consistently for a longer period imo) at the end of the day (thats why he won more head to head) imo, when it comes down to it.

INDIVIDUALLY, Bird was slightly better overall, but I can still see why people still say Magic was better.

Alot of intangibles and tangibles were really close. A pure lethal scorer that could pass very well and play defense vs a vision passer that could score and play almost any position from the 1-5, BASICALLY. Both had amazing heart. Bird wasn't an athlete but made it up from literally being able to shoot form anywhere at 6'9". Magic (who was about 6'9" also) wasn't amazingly athletic either, but compared to Bird, he looked way more athletic and had the meanest handles ever... ever (the purest PG of all time).

Honestly I can't even compare their rebounding but I always remember Bird diving for every loose ball like it was the end of the world if he didn't get that one rebound.

I don't even got numbers to be honest to put it in perspectives or head to head battles, but just going by the eye test, and what each player meant to their respective team, I give a slight edge to Bird INDIVIDUALLY.

If people want to intellectually dispute that please go ahead.

Correct me where I'm wrong.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I love Bird and Magic no diss...but Bird is in my top 5
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bird vs magic>>>jordan vs the nba>>>>kobe vs critics>>>>lebron vs heart
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just being real, I like magic better, but my pops and my uncles (the black ones) all said until MJ came along Bird was considered one of the GOATS along with Wilt and Jabbar, but Magic wasn't until much later.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The pecking order has them both in the Top 5. That's good enough for me.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think if Bird's back hadnt started going out... this wouldnt even be a question.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea definitely Bird
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    People always bring up The Pistons being in the way of Jordan and the Bulls... the Celtics were whooping on early Jordan also. A young raw Jordan learned alot from losing to both the Celtics and Pistons to become who he became later on (including the field goal pass to the other end , and the post up game, amongst other things).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svHk8Zntc5g
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Magic shouldn't be in the top...call it blasphemy but how is better than Kobe and LeBron...theybwould both lock his assbup and scorch him. He was too slow.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magic shouldn't be in the top...call it blasphemy but how is better than Kobe and LeBron...theybwould both lock his assbup and scorch him. He was too slow.

I dont know about Lebron but Kobe wouldve been to little to guard Magic
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    Zeke >>>>>>Magic.
    Offensivley Bird > Zeke
    Overall Player Zeke >>>> Bird
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

I dont know about Lebron but Kobe wouldve been to little to guard Magic
    Kobe wouldn't have been too short. Pippen was skinnier slower and an inch taller than Kobe and he gave magic hell.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    ? ...Zeke being better than Bird is ridiculous. Bird was a better scorer passer rebounder and defender than Isiah.
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Options
    ? ...Zeke being better than Bird is ridiculous. Bird was a better scorer passer rebounder and defender than Isiah.
    I already said Bird was the better scorer
    Rebounding okay. One guy is 6'10 the other, 6'

Better defender??????
    Lmao
    Passer???????

Magic & Bird were horrible defenders , slow as ? and would be average in todays NBA.
    Isiah on the other hand would be in the finals err year
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Options
    Isiah on NBA TV>>>>>> Magic on ESPN
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I already said Bird was the better scorer
    Rebounding okay. One guy is 6'10 the other, 6'

Better defender??????
    Lmao
    Passer???????

Magic & Bird were horrible defenders , slow as ? and would be average in todays NBA.
    Isiah on the other hand would be in the finals err year

Zeke was a pitiful defender worse than AI even. He avg 1.9 stls to 1.7 for bird and bird is damn near 1 block per.