Cliffy B capes for M$ DRM.

Options
Karl.
Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
Makes a few good points about why we're getting this ? free to play and micro transaction bs.

http://youtu.be/TEO3b1IiYX0

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cliff is my hero. He is gears.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    All of this ? will take care of itself in a year or two. M$ Is foward thinking. I'm glad they didn't listen to the dial up ? either.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pick who does the robbing game stop or devs...
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    People kept asking for $100 million games now they have to deal with the consequences.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is he the first developer to support MS? They did this security ? for the developers and they all slick dodging them like the consumer.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My friend brother who made that gun Took his position Cliffy b no longer works in the gamin industry.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Is he the first developer to support MS? They did this security ? for the developers and they all slick dodging them like the consumer.

He's also bashed MS
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My friend brother who made that gun Took his position Cliffy b no longer works in the gamin industry.

Is that why judgement is so bad?
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    None of its really bad bc both consoles are going to get good games but if this console race in sales isn't close it's going to be bad.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the end of x box nobody is going to by this ? to many negatives .
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Former Epic Games designer Cliff Bleszinski has been on something of a Twitter crusade lately, stating that the used games and AAA markets cannot co-exist while big budget games cost so much to make. Bleszinski has now suggested that Sony does have anti-used measures up its sleeve, and is using outrage over Microsoft’s Xbox One policies as a free PR tactic.

Before venturing further, you can play catch-up on Bleszinski’s series of tweets regarding triple-a production and used games here: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/bleszinski-on-xbox-one-used-block-big-budget-games-pre-owned-cannot-co-exist/

Now, the designer has suggested on Twitter that given the cost of blockbuster games, Sony simply must have a similar strategy to Microsoft’s in the works:

Cliff Bleszinski

"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people."

Cliff Bleszinski

"I'd bet Sony has some similar stuff up their sleeves they're just playing on the internet outrage for free PR. You're all being played!"

Cliff Bleszinski

"Sony just bought us dinner."

I wonder when Sony does come clean about their used game policy if it will suddenly become cool overnight the same way paying for online did.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    This is the end of x box nobody is going to by this ? to many negatives .

I'm buying it at launch. Went to game stop to reseve it and I got the last spot. Some ? in the line snapped cause he came in to reserve it but stop to play a ? demo. Tough cookie ? .n