"Yo, my internet has been down for 3 days....."

Options
woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, I wouldn't be able to play my games offline???????????

Murder....

Just the thought, and aggrevation of this... Just the POSSIBILITY of it, would be reason enough not to buy and Xbox One...

I know so many people are talking about the required internet connection... I've had BB internet for 15 years, no biggie... But it has went out time to time.... So if you can't get online on message boards etc, you normally then play a game offline just to pass time by...

I would be LIVID if I couldnt play a ? offline game I bought..... Even if it was a 1% chance of my internet going down 1 time in a year...

I just had to say this... Because most people with an internet connection haven't even thought of this possibility.

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a ploy by Microsoft and Internet provides to rake in more dough

But for real though if your Internet go off and its not crucial for you to have it then just go do something else, I ain't coppin a Xbox One outta 10 and I don't condone their recent practices I don't think its THAT serious
  • woah316
    Options
    Kameron! wrote: »
    Its a ploy by Microsoft and Internet provides to rake in more dough

But for real though if your Internet go off and its not crucial for you to have it then just go do something else, I ain't coppin a Xbox One outta 10 and I don't condone their recent practices I don't think its THAT serious

I'm not really a big gamer like that anymore... I did have a 360 for a few games... and I really only play online...

I was just pointing this out in case it never crossed anyone elses mind...

ANYONE who would buy a system, with the possibility that you can't play it if there is an internet outtage, is probably somewhat mentally challenged.

That ? just aint cool.
  • woah316
    Options
    To the smart ass that replied first.... I've seen MANY people say: I don't know anyone who doesn't have internet besides homeless people...

? like that... It probably slips their mind that they can live in a ? brick mansion, but if there is an internet outtage, they are all of a sudden "homeless" too... At least in Microsoft's world.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only time my internet down is when all the houses on our grid is down.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only time my internet has been down is when I didn't pay the bill.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have a product for you. It's called an Xbox 360.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    They have a product for you. It's called an Xbox 360.
    focus wrote: »

360 games? What 360 games? We off that, on to the next "One".

? stay losing
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »

Murder....

Just the thought, and aggrevation of this... Just the POSSIBILITY of it, would be reason enough not to buy and Xbox One...

I know so many people are talking about the required internet connection... I've had BB internet for 15 years, no biggie... But it has went out time to time.... So if you can't get online on message boards etc, you normally then play a game offline just to pass time by...

I would be LIVID if I couldnt play a ? offline game I bought..... Even if it was a 1% chance of my internet going down 1 time in a year...

I just had to say this... Because most people with an internet connection haven't even thought of this possibility.
    If you have a lte phone with a hotspot Id just say use that.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Murder....

Suppose your phone company and your ISP is the same company? lol
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Murder....

They say you can "Check In" thru your phones internet too If you can't on xbox for 24hours
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Nobody really talks about why you need to "check in" every 24 hours.

The amount of personal information the XB1 knows about it's owner is uncomfortable with me, especially with the Kinect.

Do they need you to connect to the internet so they can send the last 24 hours of video and audio back to servers? How do you know they aint watching 24/7?

They know how much you spend on games, how often you buy games, if you lend it to a friend on live (for more than 30 days of course),.....so now they know your personal information, but they also know who you socialize with, and that persons said information.

There is obviously gonna be some type of XB1 app for your mobile, to interact with your XB1, but now using that app they could potentially know where you are at all times via 3G/4G connection. XB1 owners are likely to be smart phone owners.

Obviously we can all be traced already via existing internet/phone connections. This just feels like a way to get all that info via one place. Not to mention they have access to you bank/card details.

Could someone hack M$ and be watching me and my girl having sex on my couch through the Kinnect whilst buying stuff on ebay with my card details and then proceed to do the same thing with my Live friends?

I'm right in thinking the XB1 never really powers down unless you physically unplug from the mains? You can walk in and say "Xbox on" right? and it powers up and controls you TV/gaming....how we know that your not constantly being watched/listened to via the Kinect?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    How do you know they aint watching 24/7?

how we know that your not constantly being watched/listened to via the Kinect?

Because it would be both highly immoral and extremely illegal for any consumer based corporation to perform such practices.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh just stop. The 24 hour check is to cut down on pirating.
    The rest of that ? you speculating on bring you into jamal's world.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrWise wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Murder....

They say you can "Check In" thru your phones internet too If you can't on xbox for 24hours

No, chances are if your phone and ISP are the same company then if the net is down, your phone's data may be down too.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Because it would be both highly immoral and extremely illegal for any consumer based corporation to perform such practices.

yeah because morality and legality are corporations main concerns.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

yeah because morality and legality are corporations main concerns.

I think he was bein' facetious