Do you feel you are living up to your potential?

Options
Undefeatable
Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
If not, why not?

I mean, are you living up to your potential in terms of where you should be at this stage of your life? (i.e. if you are 20 and in college and doing as well as you think you can, then you're living up to your potential for someone your age.)

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe that I am. I got a great job working for my state, making good money. I'm being a productive citizen and I have noticed that my continued success has reflected in all aspects of my life.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not yet. I am getting my ged for christ's sake. I should have had my HS diploma 2 years ago with my ? friends. I am too smart for the route I chose for myself. But I am working on correcting my mistakes to reach my potential
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Not yet. I am getting my ged for christ's sake. I should have had my HS diploma 2 years ago with my ? friends. I am too smart for the route I chose for myself. But I am working on correcting my mistakes to reach my potential

What kind of mistakes?
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Nah not yet...i don't believe in limitations so I'm gone try to keep building myself up till the end
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i defintetly am not, cuz i have no ambition..somehow i landed a good paying job where most of the time i dont have to do anything so i dont feel the need to challenge myself..i am also very lazy so thats not helping.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not just yet despite having my bachelors in forensics.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not where I wanna be yet
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »

The biggest issue is not making mistakes its learning from them and taking advantage of the next opportunity.I dropped out of college back in 04 and went back in '10 and have been doing good.Some times you are not ready when life happens even in high school.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Not just yet despite having my bachelors in forensics.

Word im am about to get my AA but my goal is it eventually earn over 100+ in the IT field as I see plenty if jobs that a lot especially for TSA and homeland security IT positions.Its real money to be made legally but requires dedication time and knowledge.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I lived almost up to my potential but far exceeded any of my dreams but my dreams keep getting bigger.
    I can just go after them more effectively.

Most poeple never thought i had it in me.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Real Lady2
    Real Lady2 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes I'm not a ? thristy for I'm not willing to get famous any old kind of way when I know I got haters who want me to get killed. I have not reach my destiny but I'm not falling. I'm wise I can see traps. I'm not greedy for attention.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got no health insurance I'm bout to have a cage fight in July man wtf am I thinking?
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope. i dropped out of school as a youngin which cost me a couple of years.

i could be in some top tier business school already but now it's still gonna take me 2-3 years.

i'm still on a higher plane than 99.9% of the people i grew up with and what people would have expected from 10 years ago.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell yes i am, ? i dropped out of college and joined the army(wtf was i thinking)after two deployments got med boarded and now in flight school and im top 3 in my class and got interviews with delta and lufthansa next week, and doing a lot better than people i went to school and grew up with so im straight
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just turned 30. Money is not an issue for me at this point. My son is growing and healthy. I really like my job. I'd say I could be making more progress in Hollywood towards the career I want to have. But I ain't prepared to move there yet so I dunno.
  • KrazySpade
    KrazySpade Members Posts: 52
    Options
    no, im doing alright i guess, but if i knew what i know now back in highschool, i couldve started my company and went to college to focus on business to improve myself not really for a degree, instead of wasting time and school loans on other bs.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No I should be trilingual by now
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean its not like life is bad but no.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every ? I bag is sexier than the last and top that off I'm on pace to reach my persoanl Wilt Chamberlain number(1,000 broads) I'd say I'm doing good in the potential department.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yup. im 29, never married, no kids, and im doing better carrer/financially than 98% of the people that i know (not just friends). im good
  • Real Lady2
    Real Lady2 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think because people keep comparing me to Hollywood stars they can't see my accomplishments

If u have a hard time believing I'm really from the slums that shows u how good im doing. If u think I live off my parents money than that's proof I'm doing excellent. If u think I'm living off a famous rapper income that's proof I'm a baller. If I'm not asking u for money and u see I'm healthy and eating that's proof I'm smart. Of course I can be richer but I'm not willing to die for it. Why die out in Hollywood? More people love me in the streets.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nahhhh..think it's kinda obvious.