50 pretty much jumped on Ja like a shark...murdaaah
    Going after Shady/Aftermath & the G Unit was too much
    Even the normally neutral Busta Rhymes joined the "battle"
    And him constantly singing helped him neither, yeah 50 did it too
    But 50 was that "new guy". And with such momentum, Rule could only loose

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I used to like that I'm real song. Definitely one of the few post singing Ja records I liked.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When this ? ? said do yall want pac well hes here im him
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    ay while on topic....the first time i got high as ? this ? came on the radio and went ham for some reason lmao....i was jammin like a ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ

but yeah, when i came back down to earth, ? trash

Just finna post this video.....................................

• lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall trippin, he was bitin Pac on mixtapes b4 his first album was even released. I'm surprised he made it as far as he did without the Hip Hop community shunning him for biting.......oh well, i guess biting ain't a major violation in HipHop no more.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    A lot of artists tried to rip LL and fell flat on their faces. Now I got love for Drake and all that but I see him looking like the new and improved Ja Rule for this generation. Same theme, similar image (both are ? simps) and fans are getting upset with it and want more harder records. One good beef with an artist from his generation and that's all it'll take to knock him off his high horse. It happened to Ja, Lil Flip, hell it even happened to Pac & Big. You seeing it with Wale also not just Drake. For these new artists I think Ja Rule is a good tragedy to learn from.

@sion
    i see what you trying to say but drake and ja rule are very different
    drake is not ? and the main crux of his fanbase is suburban middle class kids not the street
    he never had the street and never claimed to be street
    ja rule came out calling himself murder inc and his first big single was "holla holla"
    he was a street rapper doing songs like Murdergram with jay-z and dmx
    he was trying to rep the hood
    of course they allowed him to do a few songs for the ladies, just like ppl let fifty cent do tracks like 21 questions
    the problem came when that was ALL ja rule did
    he was well rounded at first, saw he had a big hit with whatever the first of those sing songs was, and then he just started doing that ? over and over
    drake, on the other hand, came out the box doing the same ? he doing now, no one is saying he "Changed"
    he always been this guy
    and anyway his rap skills are way more advanced than ja-rule
    plus he aligns himself with too many people, to ever really have a 50 cent type beef
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    man i cant front song had ? listening to JLo
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall rlly goin in on ja lol. i liked ja songs to be honest . i felt that ja couldnt respond to alot of 50cent disses cuz they had the feds on em plus half music industry turned their backs on them ,just like the fans did . 50 used that to his advantage.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    yall rlly goin in on ja lol. i liked ja songs to be honest . i felt that ja couldnt respond to alot of 50cent disses cuz they had the feds on em plus half music industry turned their backs on them ,just like the fans did . 50 used that to his advantage.

That was the funniest ? about the whole 50 Cent/Murder Inc beef. 50 spent all that time saying Murda Inc weren't real street ? , while they were getting raided and investigated by the Feds and put on trial. ? was hilarious. 50 literally remade the Put It On Me video with 21 Questions and nobody gave a damn. How people fell for this ? I'll never understand
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oversaturation, incessant Pac biting, calling out Eminem and the Shady campand not having a solid fanbase.

He had a big hit with "Put it on me" and he kept making those type of r & b thug duets. He alienated real heads with that sh*t but females/ casual popfans/ rapfans supported him. They'll grow up and out of that sh*t and stop supporting you and the new gen. of pop fans will latch on to another commercial n*gga. Commercial n*ggas with no solid base will be hot for 4 or 5 years tops but after that they'll fall off. There's a reason acts like the Wu, The Roots, Rakim etc. can still do tours worldwide when they been out for 2 decades with no new hits while acts like Nelly, Ja, T-Pain and even 50cent fall off after a a couple of years.

To make matters worse he got cocky with it, acting like his reign would be forever. He kept biting Pac to the point that it got pathetic (riffin' in radio interviews like "you wanna see Pac come back?"). He and his camp was rocking over classic hip hop tracks, remaking them into some weak r & b thug pop sh*t. Heads got tired of that sh*t, so heads rooted against him.

When it became apparent 50 was gonna get signed to Shady, he started calling out Eminem. While Em was in that same pop category as him, he was the great white hope and alot of those pop fans that Ja shared with Em abandoned him altogether. The media abandoned him, they chose Em's side. He never had a solid fanbase so by the time 50 dropped Backdown he was already on his way down.

When Murda Inc got dismantled because of that Preme connection Ja had already fallen off. Eventhough he dropped dope joints after he fell off (New York) he would never come back...
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

That was the funniest ? about the whole 50 Cent/Murder Inc beef. 50 spent all that time saying Murda Inc weren't real street ? , while they were getting raided and investigated by the Feds and put on trial. ? was hilarious. 50 literally remade the Put It On Me video with 21 Questions and nobody gave a damn. How people fell for this ? I'll never understand

Co-sign I saw this ? transpiring then, hence why I never ? wit 50 like that...lets not also forget that he was dry snitching on them and getting his ass whooped by them ? whenever they crossed paths...smh
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's dafe to establish that rappers that solely try to cater to that commercial crowd won't last. Their music lacks substance > they got no solid fanbase > that fanbase will grow out of them and the new popfans will latch on to something new > the majority of their material lacks replay value.

"Down a*s chick" is dope but sounds dated. Same with "Down 4 u", "Hot in herre" and most of these hits from those commercial rappers that were hot in that era. I'm listening to "Bartender" right now. Still cool but dated as well eventhough it came out just 6 years ago.

If you make music with the purpose of scoring hits instead of trying to make great music you can achieve success but you will fall off after a few years...
    Sion wrote: »
    A lot of artists tried to rip LL and fell flat on their faces. Now I got love for Drake and all that but I see him looking like the new and improved Ja Rule for this generation. Same theme, similar image (both are ? simps) and fans are getting upset with it and want more harder records. One good beef with an artist from his generation and that's all it'll take to knock him off his high horse. It happened to Ja, Lil Flip, hell it even happened to Pac & Big. You seeing it with Wale also not just Drake. For these new artists I think Ja Rule is a good tragedy to learn from.

@sion
    i see what you trying to say but drake and ja rule are very different
    drake is not ? and the main crux of his fanbase is suburban middle class kids not the street
    he never had the street and never claimed to be street
    ja rule came out calling himself murder inc and his first big single was "holla holla"
    he was a street rapper doing songs like Murdergram with jay-z and dmx
    he was trying to rep the hood
    of course they allowed him to do a few songs for the ladies, just like ppl let fifty cent do tracks like 21 questions
    the problem came when that was ALL ja rule did
    he was well rounded at first, saw he had a big hit with whatever the first of those sing songs was, and then he just started doing that ? over and over
    drake, on the other hand, came out the box doing the same ? he doing now, no one is saying he "Changed"
    he always been this guy
    and anyway his rap skills are way more advanced than ja-rule
    plus he aligns himself with too many people, to ever really have a 50 cent type beef
    I was with you until the bolded. Drake ain't seeing Ja line for line IMO. I'm not gonna derail the thread by talking about Drake though. You was right with everything else though...
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Ja Rule and Murda Inc got cocky as hell. Just peep the Pledge video with Nas (one of my favorite Ja songs) they were really feeling themselves. I bet they ain't anticipate what was about to happen to them.

Ja Rules mini resurgence in 04 was dope though he dropped 2 dope singles with Wondeful and NY NY. That album was slept on btw.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The song/album with Bobby Brown(Which was his 1st bad album) he had drained the Ashanti duets to death followed by the feds and then 50
  • monolithic
    monolithic Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    The icing on the cake was when he did that radio interview with Farrakhan, and 50 didn't show. ? was in the middle of some beef spilling his feelings out, talking about his Jehovah witness upbringing. sounding like he needed a hug.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    monolithic wrote: »
    The icing on the cake was when he did that radio interview with Farrakhan, and 50 didn't show. ? was in the middle of some beef spilling his feelings out, talking about his Jehovah witness upbringing. sounding like he needed a hug.

When was this?
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    monolithic wrote: »

When was this?

Around the time when Ja dropped blood in my eye.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

most of 50 tracks remind me of jarule tracks . ja rule had dropped this track called get up , which i thought it was actually good song but i dont tink no one ? song wit it.Next thing i see 50cent dropped a song called get up with a similar beat to jarule .
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the grease theme video and the joint he did with J.Lo when he was talkin bout " I got my boyfriends maybe we can be friends".....? terrible
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His PAC jockin was just absolutely disgusting. He dickrode so hard it was the embodiment of biting.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    i dont get why ja gets the most flock for jockin pac wen half the rap game did also
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    He was obnoxious with it
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haters was his downfall imo... they hated him secretly so when 50 gained buzz they latched on 2 him and used that 2 discredit him...
  • pinyapplesuckas
    pinyapplesuckas Members Posts: 58
    Options
    ja has yet to reach his prime
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me it was when I heard a radio interview with him saying he was the 2nd coming of Pac or some ? like that ... And all them pop and R&B songs got corny. Then came 50 and that was it for Ja.

He did have a few hits back in the day though can't front