I listened to Yeezus 10 days later.. My Review.

Options

Comments

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i think if anything was done here with this album ... is kanye did say something ..... which is he rather be a ? than a swallower .... and i think he accomplished that with this album .... just look @ the reviews ..........
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think we will get another classic kanye album anymore

I think he will. I'm pretty sure he will..
  • goldenja
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    @goldenja bout to jump in the whip and cruise through some twisties, ill hit you back on this
    goldenja wrote: »
    Gotcha, I didn't feel that way when listening. But I like to take other peoples opinion into account then go back and see if I can pinpoint what they're talking about
    goldenja wrote: »
    @bbkg79

I say this album wasn't "genius" or "ahead of his time" is because, well, that's how I felt about Late Registration. And Yeezus didn't make me feel that way, at all.

I thought it was unorganized because, I personally felt like some of the tracks were in the wrong places. By that I mean it didn't flow right to me. It was kind of a hard pill to swallow.. And what I'm hearing, it was last second because Rick Rubin did some last second tweaking or something. Am I right?

With all that said I don't HATE Kanye by any means. this album was just not impressive.

Hope I broke it down for good enough man.

on some real ? , let me know if you think any different after a few more listens. I would appreciate it.

bet
  • goldenja
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Thread starter, I'll give you the album for free. ? is trash

naw im straight, take it to goodwill or something
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @goldenja

My bad, Im taking all long and ? to respond. I did notice a shift half way through but I think it all flows. Definitely not in a GKMC kinda way, but it flows. I will say that Bound 2 does seem a little out of place entirely because of it's sound compared to the other tracks but I'm happy it's on there. He did all this purposely "did I tell you how much I do not a give a ? ", LMAO, The album titled is Yeezus, it's classic Kanye. If you listen to all the albums like I did up until Yeezus you'll see it's the same ol' Kanye. There's elements from every album he's every made on Yeezus. He pretty much reverted back to the extremely cocky Louie Vuitton Don but with a tweaked sound.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re-listening to it to see if i missed something because I cant believe Kanye would brick so hard - on "I am a ? "
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thought it was boring .
  • goldenja
    Options
    @goldenja

My bad, Im taking all long and ? to respond. I did notice a shift half way through but I think it all flows. Definitely not in a GKMC kinda way, but it flows. I will say that Bound 2 does seem a little out of place entirely because of it's sound compared to the other tracks but I'm happy it's on there. He did all this purposely "did I tell you how much I do not a give a ? ", LMAO, The album titled is Yeezus, it's classic Kanye. If you listen to all the albums like I did up until Yeezus you'll see it's the same ol' Kanye. There's elements from every album he's every made on Yeezus. He pretty much reverted back to the extremely cocky Louie Vuitton Don but with a tweaked sound.

good lookin' on the update man!
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @goldenja

Y'all keep trying to find the deeper meaning to the reasoning behind why this album was so horrible. I mean, look at y'all "he did this on purpose". Then y'all try to analyze why he did it. Maybe because he knew you idiots would buy into it anyhow.

I ain't a sheeple member, I trust my own artistic intelligence. This album is wack. It is what it is.

• IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Options
    the more n listen the more I like it. Could of had more songs though
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything I said is clear as day, there's nothing hidden about it within the album.

@goldenja

Y'all keep trying to find the deeper meaning to the reasoning behind why this album was so horrible. I mean, look at y'all "he did this on purpose". Then y'all try to analyze why he did it. Maybe because he knew you idiots would buy into it anyhow.

I ain't a sheeple member, I trust my own artistic intelligence. This album is wack. It is what it is.

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO, it seems more ppl are finding reasons NOT to like the album or discredit others from liking it.

I ? with it as I stated earlier and not for any other worldly reason than it's good music

beats, lyrics and content are what I dig
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I rate this album 4 thumbs down, 2 ? ? pads, and some old hairy ? from 1973!
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    i think if anything was done here with this album ... is kanye did say something ..... which is he rather be a ? than a swallower .... and i think he accomplished that with this album .... just look @ the reviews ..........

patting myself on the back ... damn good comment lol ....

• goldenja
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    I rate this album 4 thumbs down, 2 ? ? pads, and some old hairy ? from 1973!
    @goldenja

2j0gtxk.jpg
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Finish re-listening to it, only like 4 tracks.
    nothing to see here. Ye was due a brick, this is 2 including 808s, at least he keeps ? interesting but he and his writers needs to step up the lyrics
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drop on sight and I am a ? and u got a decent album.... And the part of send it up before beanie man at the end.... And the auto tune at the end of blood on the leaves.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hard to follow up one of the greatest albums in music history...so he pulled another 808's style album that will get people talkin regardless whether they like it or not. Number 1 worldwide with no promotion, seems to have worked

I am not buying the follow up ? , It aint hard to follow up a classic for Ye he been dropping Classics for damn near 10 years, Honestly the album is not only a 808 type its a mixture of the alternative ? he threw on Graduation i.e ? and Hot Girls, I Wonder, Stronger along with some 808's type ? . Somebody tell this ? Ye to take his ass back to the Chi and record his next jawn cuz this Paris and Hawaii ? got him out of touch this go round, who the ? gassed him and told him this joint was hot? Where the ? is Magna Carter Holy Grail BTW
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is so far in his own reality he doesnt give a ? anymore.
  • goldenja
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    It's hard to follow up one of the greatest albums in music history...so he pulled another 808's style album that will get people talkin regardless whether they like it or not. Number 1 worldwide with no promotion, seems to have worked

I am not buying the follow up ? , It aint hard to follow up a classic for Ye he been dropping Classics for damn near 10 years, Honestly the album is not only a 808 type its a mixture of the alternative ? he threw on Graduation i.e ? and Hot Girls, I Wonder, Stronger along with some 808's type ? . Somebody tell this ? Ye to take his ass back to the Chi and record his next jawn cuz this Paris and Hawaii ? got him out of touch this go round, who the ? gassed him and told him this joint was hot? Where the ? is Magna Carter Holy Grail BTW

..kim
  • goldenja
    Options
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    Drop on sight and I am a ? and u got a decent album.... And the part of send it up before beanie man at the end.... And the auto tune at the end of blood on the leaves.

I mean its only a 10 track album.. might as well start it over again if that's the case
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Lawd a mercy! beach is better'
  • IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Options
    I love the album. ? y'all talmbout
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i liked the ? . while listening gave me d same vibe i got when listening to j-dillas donuts album

i agree lyrically it was scattered - was pretty much a freestyle album - didnt he record in a few weeks? so it makes since he isn't sayin much

IF he gets the musical genius title its cuz he's the only notable hip hop artist who takes the risks he does (i.e 808's, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,Watch the Throne, this album).

This album i let it run with an open mind and it cool - sumthing i didnt do with the d albums listed

those who think it garbage - what were you expecting before listenin?
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a big fan of kanye at one point i think yall need to stop making threads and writing essays about this wack ass album. I mean not only was there not a hot song...not even a hot MOMENT on this ? .

People just trying to make excuses because its kanye.

? is ? CRUMBS...