WHAT SQUAD YOU taking: MLB EDITION

Options
evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who you got? Baseball gets no love in here...on some all time greats ? who taking it?

Cf ken griffey
RF Roberto Clemente
Lf Barry bonds
3b Cal Ripken
Ss Derek Jeter
2b Joe morgan
1b mark maguire
C yogi berra
P Greg Maddox

Batting order: 1. Roberto clement 2. Yogi Berra 3. Ken Griffet 4. Mark McGuire 5. Barry Bonds 6. Joe Morgan 7. Derek Jeter 8. Cal Ripen 9. Greg Maddox

Vs

Cf Willie mays
RF babe ruth
Lf Mickey mantle
3b Chipper Jones
Ss Ozzie Smith
2b jack robinson
1b Albert Pujols
C mike piazza
P Nolan Ryan

Batting order: 1. Ozzie smith 2. Jackie robinson 3. Willie Mays 4. Babe Ruth 5. Albert Pujols 6. Mickey mantle 7. Chipper Jones 8. Mike Piazza 9. Nolan Ryan

Maddox was so nasty and so was Nolan Ryan ? would great..

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt even have McGwire in the lineup, Frank Thomas was a better player but to answer the question i would pick team 1

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    I wouldnt even have McGwire in the lineup, Frank Thomas was a better player but to answer the question i would pick team 1

Bruh I struggled with frank and mark...I actually agree...mark was going yard on your ass though
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Team 1 has better defense and pitching. More speed and better hitting IMO.

Team 1 all the way.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Ozzie smith Jackie rob and Willie mays are all Hella fast
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Right field catcher and pitcher are the only advantages team 1 has defensively as well
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    team 2 Puljos and Babe would have runners on base all day...Nolan Rayn was my dude
  • O.G.
    Options

True. but the rest of that roster against team one's infield defense has double play written all over it. Ruth,Piazza, PuJols (mantle after knee injury or before?) ain't running out no infield singles . Maddux was the master at having hitters hit grounders and he was a stellar defender as well. That infield of team 1 combined with the gold gloves in the outfield would make it hard for team 2 to get on base IMO. Defense wins championships so I am sure they win fantasy match-ups too.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    team 2 Puljos and Babe would have runners on base all day...Nolan Rayn was my dude

Maddox would have had that line up sick
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

True. but the rest of that roster against team one's infield defense has double play written all over it. Ruth,Piazza, PuJols (mantle after knee injury or before?) ain't running out no infield singles . Maddux was the master at having hitters hit grounders and he was a stellar defender as well. That infield of team 1 combined with the gold gloves in the outfield would make it hard for team 2 to get on base IMO. Defense wins championships so I am sure they win fantasy match-ups too.

Nice, I agree homie. Mantles pre injury of course. Dude could move. But out make good points piazza ruth pujols even chipper..they would get double played. Maddox wsmas so damn good. Plus Nolan couldn't over power that line up
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough choice. Too tough.

Got my dog Maddox and Junior Griff on Team 1.

Then again,

Got my slick patna Chip-Chip Hooray and my fellow Okie Mickey Mantle on team 2.

I'm good with either, but if I had to choose I would trade Babe Ruth for Hammering Hank and go with team 2.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Tough choice. Too tough.
    O

Then again,

I'm good with either, but if I had to choose I would trade Babe Ruth for Hammering Hank and go with team 2.

Bruh I was with you until trade babe for hank Aaron happened. You tripping. I lived in the A for a minute too but i ain't co-signing that. Maddox used to have ? glued to tbs when he pitched. ? curve ball used to drop out the screen on ? at 83mph.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Tough choice. Too tough.
    O

Then again,

Bruh I was with you until trade babe for hank Aaron happened. You tripping. I lived in the A for a minute too but i ain't co-signing that. Maddox used to have ? glued to tbs when he pitched. ? curve ball used to drop out the screen on ? at 83mph.

Babe Ruth is who he is, but I don't trust the lack of melanin in the league when he was bashing.

I take Mantle just on the strength of him being a legendary Oklahoma product tho.

Plus Ruth was a womanizer and a alcoholic, and all Braves fans know that Chipper Jones don't need to be around another womanizer and alcoholic.

Both would be hitting .120 and late for every game.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Tough choice. Too tough.
    O

Then again,

Babe Ruth is who he is, but I don't trust the lack of melanin in the league when he was bashing.

I take Mantle just on the strength of him being a legendary Oklahoma product tho.

Plus Ruth was a womanizer and a alcoholic, and all Braves fans know that Chipper Jones don't need to be around another womanizer and alcoholic.

What womanizing alcoholic was chipper around?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Tough choice. Too tough.
    O

Then again,

Himself.

And Otis Nixon was a crackhead, and David Justice beat the ? out of Halle Berry on the regular, so...
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Tough choice. Too tough.
    O

Then again,

Himself.

And Otis Nixon was a crackhead, and David Justice beat the ? out of Halle Berry on the regular, so...

Damn I didn't know duke drank and tossed hoes. Lol...? I was in the holding sale with Otis Nixon back when prime was with the ravens. ? was talking about coming back to baseball since disinterested went to football because he was faster than prime he said...? was saucy as ? .
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Nixon probably was step for step with Prime.

I do remember a interview where Prime was giving him props.

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Team 2, they got the better hitters. And Ozzie is that ?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Team 2, they got the better hitters. And Ozzie is that ?

Nikka doing back flips to home plate an' ? . lol
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Replace Piazza with Pudge, then I'm taking team 2
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Replace Piazza with Pudge, then I'm taking team 2

Piazza had that stick though, g!

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Who is the better pitcher between these two?
  • O.G.
    Options

I'm taking Maddux.

Ryan - 8 Time All Star, 0 Cy Young Awards, 3 Gold Gloves

Maddux - 8 Time All Star, 4 Consecutive Cy Young Awards, 17 Gold Gloves

Ryan Had the strike outs and no-no's , but he is also the king of walks. Maddux's season high for walks is 82, he has 14 consecutive seasons of walking less than 50 batters. Ryan had 18 seasons of walking more than Maddux's career high. Ryan also had 11 seasons of 100 or more and 2 seasons with 200 or more.

I won't even mention their win/loss records bcuz a lot of that is TEAM related.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

I'm taking Maddux.

Ryan Had the strike outs and no-no's , but he is also the king of walks. Maddux's season high for walks is 82, he has 14 consecutive seasons of walking less than 50 batters. Ryan had 18 seasons of walking more than Maddux's career high. Ryan also had 11 seasons of 100 or more and 2 seasons with 200 or more.

Who you got as best 5 pitchers you have seen?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough choice. Too tough.
    O

Then again,

Himself.

go head joe not Otis
  • O.G.
    Options

I'm taking Maddux.

Who you got as best 5 pitchers you have seen?

I can honestly say I didn't really watch baseball much until I caught Fernando Fever while living in L.A. back in the day. So any pitcher before that I am not really qualified to speak on.

In no particular order.

Maddux
    Clemens
    Randy Johnson
    Pedro
    Tie between Ryan & Mariano (he ain't a starter but you didn't say starters)