edited July 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
@ 8 on ESPN
A story about Venus Williams and her fight for Womens tennis and equality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dtbnbSsXO4

Comments

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i dont give a ? . if yall didnt pick to play three sets then why didnt yall fight to play equal sets to get equal money then?
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With all that grunting and shrieking noises, their pay should be reduced
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought this was a ? thread.

(Promptly leaves)
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was a great documentary ... I dont think the Williams sisters breakthrough/rise/dominance is appreciated enough in the realm of sports outside of tennis. There was no team.. it was them Vs . the world and they won

Damn there changed women's tennis. No one was really checkin for women's tennis until they stepped into the scene. Plain & simple.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Venus gets underrated
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    this was a great documentary ... I dont think the Williams sisters breakthrough/rise/dominance is appreciated enough in the realm of sports outside of tennis. There was no team.. it was them Vs . the world and they won

Damn there changed women's tennis. No one was really checkin for women's tennis until they stepped into the scene. Plain & simple.

This is so true they push women's tennis back into the mainstream.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    venus>>>>>>serena
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    venus>>>>>>serena

Championships and head to head match ups says other wise
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Yeah, I'm guessing he's talking about something other than actually playing tennis because Serena turning pro made Venus obsolete unless Serena wasn't around or they were playing together in Doubles.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what a three-way with the Williams sisters would be like.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Yeah, I'm guessing he's talking about something other than actually playing tennis because Serena turning pro made Venus obsolete unless Serena wasn't around or they were playing together in Doubles.

Serenas better no doubt, but Venus has victories, grand slams and grand slam victories over serena in her prime.

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Venus had the faster serve, in their primes.
    Injury ? up Venus's career and shortened her prime.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't saying Venus sucked. She was great too, but Serena tooled her. Serena leads Venus 14 - 10 in the overall matches and 6 -2 in Grand Slam matches. Venus has been ranked #1 for a total of 11 weeks in her career. Serena has been ranked #1 for 130 weeks in her career. Venus has 44 titles. Serena has 51. They both got injured and dabbled in other things for a while. Venus came back and had reasonable success. Serena came back and dominated as if she never left. Basically, Serena has Venus beat in pretty much every area. Again, Venus was the truth until Serena got on the scene, and now Venus is almost an afterthought because she's been overshadowed so thoroughly.