Reasonable Doubt is not a classic.

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think you had to have heard the album when it came out. Personally, I heard Illmatic when it was out but didn't hear Reasonable Doubt in its entirety until several years later. Illmatic was definately a game changer. I remember people talking about Reasonable Doubt when it was out but I didn't own a copy so I can't say.

Now, 15 years later, I'll say its a solid album but as far as a classic, I can't call it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF I going on in here? So many flawed arguments
  • MR Josh
    MR Josh Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm not gonna debate with people who doesn't think its a classic, but ANYTHING that was released in 1996 and it is still debated and listened to in 2013 is classic worthy. As much as some cats don't want to hear it, the album has stood the test of time......17 years to be exact.

you need say no more......the only problem is you re argueing with guys that dont like Jay and will hardly give his work any kind of credit

• lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RD has very good replay value, and doesnt sound dated at all.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RD isn't a classic now??? Smh only on the IC.....would somebody mind explaining what a classic album is then
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Classic" is who you ask anyway.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    amazing how folks will say something is not a classic and they were probably barely alive when the album dropped there are plenty of albums i dont rock with but when something is certified by the majority its is what it is. reasonable doubt is certified
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw b that album is trash. No classic
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    IT DONT MOVE MY SOUL = NOT A CLASSIC. ? need to log off and study poetry and music theory... you call ? classics because youre told to. If it wasn't for the corruption of the Sauce this wouldn't be a comvo. That ? was a sham from the jump so therefore 9 out of 10 emcees repute propped up by that fugazi ass 5 mic system are like that invisible ensemble the emperor be rocking.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I damn near passed out when I saw this thread. RD is the best cd dude ever made, imo. Those who don't think it's a classic, I'd ask which jay CD was a classic?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    I damn near passed out when I saw this thread. RD is the best cd dude ever made, imo. Those who don't think it's a classic, I'd ask which jay CD was a classic?

simple answer. None
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delusional disorder

- The patient expresses an idea or belief with unusual persistence or force.
    - That idea appears to exert an undue influence on the patient's life, and the way of life is often altered to an inexplicable extent.
    - Despite his/her profound conviction, there is often a quality of secretiveness or suspicion when the patient is questioned about it.
    - The individual tends to be humorless and oversensitive, especially about the belief.
    - There is a quality of centrality: no matter how unlikely it is that these strange things are happening to him, the patient accepts them relatively unquestioningly.
    - An attempt to contradict the belief is likely to arouse an inappropriately strong emotional reaction, often with irritability and hostility.
    - The belief is, at the least, unlikely, and out of keeping with the patient's social, cultural and religious background.
    - The patient is emotionally over-invested in the idea and it overwhelms other elements of their psyche.
    - The delusion, if acted out, often leads to behaviors which are abnormal and/or out of character, although perhaps understandable in the light of the delusional beliefs.

Welcome 2 the IC, lol, shiiit..
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    classic ? .....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not classic...
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In My Lifetime, Vol. 1
    That was my first Jay Z album
    Reasonable Doubt, my second
    The Blueprint is my favourite Jay album

And i'll be damned...

BREAKING NEWS - "Reasonable Doubt" ain't classic no more
    jay-z-laugh-e1348848394860.jpg

When did they decide that?, lmao
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew RD was classic the day i copped, the week it dropped. Still one of my fav albums to go back to. Idk how you can front on this ? . Jay put on one of the best displays of lyricism and flow EVER! over some of Primo and Skis best beats... come on. RD is the ? definition of classic.

"I talk jewels and spit diamonds"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5YSg5gjLWo&feature=player_detailpage
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when RD dropped, but around my way he didn't start poppin till around Hard Knock Life..
    around the RD days I liked A.Z. better foreal.. Nas was on some other ? .
    The Wu was on some other ? .. Biggie was everywhere. You had the real ? eastcoast ? poppin like Jeru the Damaja, Redman.
    but the thing about RD, it stood the test of time, you could say it aged well, but at the time I can say I did remember him being somewhat relevant but he wasn't hot like that, he was an acquired taste if you will from a musical perspective.
  • lethal5
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Vol 1 >>>> RD

Vol 1, highly slept on....but it aint better than RD

• lethal5
    Options

judahxulu wrote: »
    IT DONT MOVE MY SOUL = NOT A CLASSIC. ? need to log off and study poetry and music theory... you call ? classics because youre told to. If it wasn't for the corruption of the Sauce this wouldn't be a comvo. That ? was a sham from the jump so therefore 9 out of 10 emcees repute propped up by that fugazi ass 5 mic system are like that invisible ensemble the emperor be rocking.

LMMFAO @ these conspiracy dudes who think the media brainwashed people into liking RD.

RD got knocked heavy in the whip when it came out, and no media magazine's convinced me to go see the show when he was on tour for RD, the concert wasn't even promoted that heavy.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

LMMFAO @ these conspiracy dudes who think the media brainwashed people into liking RD.

RD got knocked heavy in the whip when it came out, and no media magazine's convinced me to go see the show when he was on tour for RD, the concert wasn't even promoted that heavy.

LMAO at you dumb ? who get all your information on online forums. There are several books by industry insiders on the very same thing I just mentioned, genius. Double LMAO at you silly ? too jaded from intentional disinformation dispensed in ? ass "Illuminati expose'" youtube videos to entertain the INEVITABLY of conspiracies existing when shitloads of money and the power of cultural influence is at stake. Noooo... these corporate guys are A-OK and the record industry is a shining beacon of integrity and a model for ethical business practices. Yeah......ok......uh huh.....................shut the ? up
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still tryna figure out what's lacking from RD that doesn't make it a classic.... What album could somebody name from 96 or earlier that gets the all around love and respect not just from fans but other rappers as well and still gets major all over burn from ppl who still play it heavy that isn't a classic....damn I mean must of yalls favorite rapper would call it a classic.
  • lethal5
    Options

LMAO at you dumb ? who get all your information on online forums. There are several books by industry insiders on the very same thing I just mentioned, genius. Double LMAO at you silly ? too jaded from intentional disinformation dispensed in ? ass "Illuminati expose'" youtube videos to entertain the INEVITABLY of conspiracies existing when shitloads of money and the power of cultural influence is at stake. Noooo... these corporate guys are A-OK and the record industry is a shining beacon of integrity and a model for ethical business practices. Yeah......ok......uh huh.....................shut the ? up

Dont see what this got to do with anything I said, but ok buddy.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In all honesty, i was surprised reasonable doubt didn't do better because the Biggie and Foxy Tracks were big hits Brooklyn's Finest and Ain't No were big tracks back then. There was just so many rappers better, but not so many where this dude couldn't ? . What's funny is Jay dissed Nas for never having a hit until a female got on his track, but people were only talking about Foxy on that Ain't No track and his career paused until his second album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljdzX7a4_Xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DLD7OMUns

• judahxulu
    Options

Dont see what this got to do with anything I said, but ok buddy.
    that media brainwashing and conspiracy is likely, buck-o