Ah ha, hush that fuss........ Everybody move to the back of the bus

Options
bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in The Social Lounge
Cornel West: Under Obama Blacks Are ‘Pushed To The Back Of The Bus’

CORNEL WEST (30 June 2013): We’re living in an age where we black folk are just being pushed to the back of the bus in terms of our visibility in terms of our suffering in terms of the intensity of our exclusion, especially our poor black youth, especially with the new Jim Crow and so on. And we have to be honest about that. Again this has something to do of course with what history books will say. The irony of the age of Obama in which black folks found themselves pushed to the back our ? brothers and lesbian sisters more and more pushed to the center.

http://youtu.be/y9pHLYLZ8t4

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/07/01/cornel-west-under-obama-blacks-pushed-back-busbut-? -and-lesbians-pushed-center

HOMAGE:

http://youtu.be/drsQLEU0N1Y

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Previously Cornell West came off as hater but damn if it ain't true about the ? ? .

Obama's way more likely to mention ? discrimination than Black discrimination.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? gon come in here shuckin and jivin with an american flag up their ass to defend barry..

? that ? and the ? ? that exalt his ? ass like he's some type of legend or savior
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    He's right.

And Brother West is no homophobe. I'm sure he supports ? civil rights.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell Cornell West smart ass ti come down to the streets and open up some Mentoring program facilities like Father Phleger and stop begging politicians to throw us a bone. They're politicians, when have they ever gave a ? about our people.

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CheifThird wrote: »
    Tell Cornell West smart ass ti come down to the streets and open up some Mentoring program facilities like Father Phleger and stop begging politicians to throw us a bone. They're politicians, when have they ever gave a ? about our people.

i seen phleger at the 7 11 on clark and lake buying a 12 pack of bud light one night..? tweeked me out..i was rollin off that ? the whole night nbs

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CheifThird wrote: »

i seen phleger at the 7 11 on clark and lake buying a 12 pack of bud light one night..? tweeked me out..i was rollin off that ? the whole night nbs

Lol. That's a real dude...no side agenda or none of that ? .
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt read

Goat for the outkast song
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    36G14Bk.gif

And black folks for a while now hasn't pushed their own agenda to the forefront, even before Obama. Black folks were out praising Bill Clinton for putting some damn landlines in their homes. Some damn telephones.

The power is in the people for the government is an institution that works for the people. If black folks combined tomorrow and said in unity "we had enough of this ? " and proceeded to do what is necessary to achieve greater status...

We wouldn't need Obama in the first place. Our buying power alone is a force to be reckoned with. Instead of putting money in True jeans, we should be putting money into a company that is providing for our communities. Put it back in our own pockets.

But naw...we got time and energy to create another "? Obama" thread. Dumb ? don't know what the ? they be talking about.

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did consider the possibility of Obama being the smoke screen for blacks and the scape goat for whites. But i digress.

Dude didnt live up to the "change gone come" hype people gave him. Ive see that much.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There has been change.

It just hasn't been Moses esque, "lead my people from ? " type of thing-which I think black folks were expecting.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't read

Bumps Rosa Parks
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This president cares more for the agenda of ? than he does the well being of black people.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right.

And Brother West is no homophobe. I'm sure he supports ? civil rights.

^^^^ ?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    This president cares more for the agenda of ? than he does the well being of black people.

I thought this was common knowledge by now.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dub_Deux wrote: »
    Atliens

Aquemini better
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What well being though most you morenos cause of your own problems?

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? aint a competition, Obama can multitask. All these misguided ? worrying about ? and Latinos are missing the point, point is we don't have the voice we used to and it's nobody's fault burnout own. ? Obama is disconnected from the people, Dr. West been saying it but ? ain't listening.
    It seems all ? care about is that ? were mentioned, that ? aint even the point.