Report: Lakers To Dwight Howard – Play For Us & We’ll Get You LeBron & ‘Melo

Options
Phantom Pain
Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Lakers pitch to Dwight Howard didn’t just center around Kobe Bryant reiterating that he can teach Superman how to be a champion. Reports from @MySportsLegion and CBSSports.com seem to indicate they also told Howard they’d get him LeBron James and/or Carmelo Anthony to form a super, SUPER team is Los Angeles.

Next summer, the Lakers could have around $50 million in cap space to throw at a colossal free agent class that may include James, Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Transitioning into the post-Kobe era will happen, one way or another. Whether it’s LeBron that makes the trip to Hollywood doesn’t really matter. L.A. will have the money to bring in at least one other star, and will be at the center of every superstar conglomerate conversation in the summer of 2014. We’ll find out tomorrow whether Dwight Howard has the patience to wait.

Hmmm n the plot thickens

Comments

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually could see them getting Melo in 2014 but Bron is not leaving Miami
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna happen, plus getting Melo with Howard will not guarantee a ring.
  • Phantom Pain
    Options
    Much as I think Lebron has no heart..remember it would be Kobe, Lebron, Melo, and Howard
  • spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn man they cant have all those stars on one team. Gotta keep the ? interesting
  • Phantom Pain
    Options
    If u got room to sign them, then why can't u?..u mean to tell me ? don't play 2k14 with super teams just for the hell of it?
  • spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea they can do it but it feels so cheap lol
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Basketball's getting uninteresting. Turning into baseball with all the politics with teams with more money buying up all the big stars to create a super team. I miss back in the days when they had evened out match ups like Magic VS Bird, Jordan VS Everyone. Nowadays all the big stars wanna cry run to another big stars arms. I'll probably stop watching it if I see Melo, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Dwight on one team. I'd like to at least see other teams have hope.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope they do. ? , it'll be no different from Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Dude's would be guaranteed not 1, not 2...
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Stern's successor wouldn't let this ? happen

besides Bron ain't leaving
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron isn't going anywhere...keep dreaming.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And then they woke up
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I c/s everybody who said Bron not leaving. He's not. He sealed his fate in MIA when he promised them multiple titles. Plus, his loyalty to Pat Riley will keep him there. Bron has his rings already. So there's no need for him to really jump ship to form ANOTHER all star team.

Melo on the other I can see. But even if that happens, he STILL won't get a ring. The Knicks thought he was their answer to a gettin to the finals. How's that workin out. His Iso-style of play doesn't work. ESPECIALLY not for the Lakers. Kobe ain't having that. They need a serious point guard who can distribute the ball around. Like when the Knicks had Lin. Is he willing to give that up? I doubt it.

Lakers fans keep dreamin b/c that won't happen. I think Howard jumps ship.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why the NBA sucks --- Super teams.

You mean to tell me that NBA can't put a stop to this? How is this gonna remain interesting with one team making the finals over and over again because they have every all star on one team.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »

You mean to tell me that NBA can't put a stop to this? How is this gonna remain interesting with one team making the finals over and over again because they have every all star on one team.
    sapo614 wrote: »

says the ? thats in the Justice League
    CJ wrote: »
    Lmao^^

=))
  • Phantom Pain
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    I c/s everybody who said Bron not leaving. He's not. He sealed his fate in MIA when he promised them multiple titles. Plus, his loyalty to Pat Riley will keep him there. Bron has his rings already. So there's no need for him to really jump ship to form ANOTHER all star team.

Melo on the other I can see. But even if that happens, he STILL won't get a ring. The Knicks thought he was their answer to a gettin to the finals. How's that workin out. His Iso-style of play doesn't work. ESPECIALLY not for the Lakers. Kobe ain't having that. They need a serious point guard who can distribute the ball around. Like when the Knicks had Lin. Is he willing to give that up? I doubt it.

Using Lebron and loyal in the same sentence? How quick people forget Cleveland and the state of Ohio
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

Using Lebron and loyal in the same sentence? How quick people forget Cleveland and the state of Ohio

Just keep dreaming about this scenario cause it won't happen.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and they even agreed to that ? wasn't like they were FORCED or anything to get along and ? smh
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's like sayin bron coming back to cleveland
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

and they even agreed to that ? wasn't like they were FORCED or anything to get along and ? smh
    Look at this Avengers ass ? throwing salt lol
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For all the people saying Lebron ain't leaving Miami, I wonder what y'all were saying when he was in Cleveland. What y'all don't understand is Lebron is his own man. Dude is going to do whatever he wants to do with no ? given. People like Lebron are unpredictable.
This discussion has been closed.