Ice Cube Calls Dwight Howard "Dwight Coward

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hip Hop legend Ice Cube blasted former Los Angeles Laker Dwight Howard during the Los Angeles, California leg of the Kings Of The Mic Tour last night (July 7). In between performances of his “What Can I Do (Remix)” and “You Know How We Do It,” the Death Certificate-emcee shared his thoughts on Howard’s decision to leave the Los Angeles Lakers and sign with the Houston Rockets.

“? Dwight Howard, ? it,” Cube said. “We love LA! We don’t need no punk-ass muthafuckas on our team. We don’t give a ? about a Dwight Coward. We don’t need no ? on our team, homie. You don’t deserve to go up on that ? wall. So, I predict tonight Kobe [Bryant] will win another championship before Dwight Howard ever sniffs one.”

Along with a catalog filled with classic Rap moments as well as an extensive career in movie and television production, Ice Cube is also a noted Los Angeles sports fanatic. In 2010, the South Central, Los Angeles-native directed “Straight Outta L.A.” for ESPN’s “30 For 30” documentary series. The film tackled the connection between the Los Angeles Raiders' subsequent move to Oakland, California and pioneering Hip Hop group, N.W.A—of which he was a member.

During an appearance on ESPN’s “First Take” in July 2012, Ice Cube expressed concern about the Lakers trading then-center Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard. “Right now, I keep Andrew Bynum,” he said. “Dwight, you have to want it, man. You have to come and want to be a part of the legacy. You got to want to have your jersey up on that wall.”

Dwight Howard was traded from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers on August 10, 2012 in a blockbuster deal that sent Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers. Howard played center for the Lakers for one injury-riddled season in which he averaged 17.1 points per game and 12.4 rebounds per game. The Lakers qualified for the 2013 playoffs on the last day of the season and were swept in the first round by the San Antonio Spurs. Rather than resigning with Los Angeles, on July 5, 2013 Howard tweeted that he will instead play the 2013-14 season with the Houston Rockets.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=24592

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    got damn does he own stock in the Lakers or something? like seriously, who gives a ? that he left LA? We're not about someone who is even considered to be top 5-10 at his position and he getting all this press?

If people stop talking about him, then he will just fade to black. Let him do his impersonations and publicity stunts. Stop giving him attention

Right now or all time?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Normally ? would ride for cube cuz he a legend but hes also just a lakers fan in his feelings. ? actin like he treated the lakers like he did the magic. ? mad cuz he left the team just because its the lakers so it must mean hes scared? ?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talk ? about him where he there then pout like ? when he leave smh
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube. Real. ? .

That is all.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Options
    the hurt feelings being displayed by the fans disgusts me. ? was here only a few months and in that time we barely made the playoffs and got knocked out in the first round. he wasnt ever a good fit and didnt wanna be here.

deuces ?

That's what I been saying. Really? Y'all mad about a ? who was basically the centerpiece of a failed "team up".

Dude was basically a free-agent bust.

Cube still a real nikka for that. And he didn't want Howard in the first place, so he has a right to pop ? .

These nikkas that was hollin' "suicide watch" and "the west is on lock" etc, etc this time last year have no place to talk ? .
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Damn. I NEVER thought Dwight leaving would trigger this much estrogen in dudes in LA, especially for a guy that didn't impose his normal dominance on the game.

This is funnier than watching the Yankees fans cry themselves to sleep after Cliff Lee turned them niggs down to play in Philly.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who ain't expect it though LOL. Dwight & Kobe would've clashed eventually & ? would've gotten messy. Plus I don't think Dwight wants the pressure of being the man in LA once Kobe is gone.

He says he wants to be the #1 option which could be true, but I don't think he wants it in a premiere market like LA, NY, etc. He seems too sensitive to handle that kinda spotlight & criticism.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can't blame him. he seems pretty consistant. he said he never wanted howard there in the first place
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow

They all are really in their feelings

They truly are scorned, bruh.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get it twisted Laker Nation will not miss Dwight and to be honest the Nation is disappointed in the Laker organization for pulling out all the stops to keep him...Have some dignity, we are the Lakers
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Igot5onit wrote: »
    ? needs to get out his feelings. Dwight never wanted to be in LA in the 1st place.
    Bingo. He never wanted to be there.

A lot of L.A. fans/players are acting like pretty ? getting rejected for the first time.

"Oh you don't want me hmph, you must be ? ol ? ass ? "

• greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Cube still got better stage presence than 80% of the ? out now.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Don't get it twisted Laker Nation will not miss Dwight and to be honest the Nation is disappointed in the Laker organization for pulling out all the stops to keep him...Have some dignity, we are the Lakers

This is what I see coming from the fan base as a whole.

Not most but some of them are in their feelings though.

I think both sides of the coin are falling way too hard for the hype.

Most laker fans were on "shrug" status about Dwight coming back until his free agency was blown into "Lebron/Decision" status by the internet and media (mostly because nothing else was happening in sports at the time.)

And since L.A. in general feels as though they deserve all that is "hype" (since they invented it via hollywood) and since some houston fans were already practically tipping over police cars like they already won a 'chip --- the most vocal Laker fans suddenly feel like they got slapped in the face in public in a crowd of people so even if the slap didn't hurt, they feel the need to punch back or pop ? to save face.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was Howard i would get more on the Houston fans side by going on twitter and tell them he always preferred Scarface over Ice Cube. That would start some ? . lol

***Disclaimer*** I prefer Cube over Face but that's for another forum
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like both but Face>>>
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Howard should play for the Heat
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    If I was Howard i would get more on the Houston fans side by going on twitter and tell them he always preferred Scarface over Ice Cube. That would start some ? . lol

***Disclaimer*** I prefer Cube over Face but that's for another forum

He seem like the type of nikka that listens to Flo Rida or Will I Am.