Did you know (random movie/tv fact thread)

Options
Copper
Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
did you know that jackie chan was a stunt man in the bruce lee films enter the dragon and fist of fury
Jackie_Chan_Fist.JPG
jackie_chan_2007_05_27.jpg
3668075276_592d517103.jpg

add on....

Comments

• Copper
    edited July 2013
    Options
    -Neither Michelle Rodriguez nor Jordana Brewster had drivers’ licenses or even learners’ permits before production of the film in Fast and the Furious

-When Bela Lugosi, star of the monster classic, Dracula, died in 1956, he was buried wearing a black silk cape similar to the one he wore in the film.

-The title of the movie Do The Right Thing comes from a Malcolm X quote: “You’ve got to do the right thing.”

-Shannon Lee (the daughter of Bruce Lee) had a cameo appearance in one of the first scenes in blade 1998.

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - john belushi was supposed to play bill murray's role in ghost busters but he died
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Lone Ranger is related to the Green Hornet
    The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Daredevil exist in the same universe
    The Predator series started as a joke
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert De Niro Was Supposed To Play The Danny Aiello Role In "Do The Right Thing"
    Harvey Keitel Was Fired From "Apocalypse Now" And The Role Was Given To Martin Sheen
    Tim Burton Was Originally Supposed To Direct The Film "After Hours" But Bowed Out When He Learned That Scorsese Was Interested
    One Of Stanley Kubrick's Favorite Films Is David Lynch's "Eraserhead" Which He Screened To His Cast While Making "The Shining"
    Martin Sheen's Role In The Departed Was Originally Offered To De Niro But He Had To Decline To Direct His Own Movie The Yawn Inducing "Good Shepard'
    The Role Was Of Sport In "Taxi Driver" Was Written As A Black Character But It Was Changed And Given To Harvey Keitel Because Of The Already Racist Undertones In The Movie...I Guess They Thought It Would Be Overkill.
    Stephen King Doesn't Like What Kubrick Did His Book "The Shining"...I Guess He Changed Too Much ? Around...Still A Classic In My Book..Those Steadicams Shots Are GOAT

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just about everybody on here got that same fit..
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eddie Murphy was suppose to play Winston Zedmore in Ghostbusters
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »

The Role Was Of Sport In "Taxi Driver" Was Written As A Black Character But It Was Changed And Given To Harvey Keitel Because Of The Already Racist Undertones In The Movie...I Guess They Thought It Would Be Overkill.

According to Harvey Keitel, he was originally cast as the campaign worker but asked if he could play the ? instead after he was re-written as a white character, he basically thought it would be more interesting.

nawledge_? wrote: »
    ones In The Movie...I Guess They Thought It Would Be Overkill.
    Stephen King Doesn't Like What Kubrick Did His Book "The Shining"...I Guess He Changed Too Much ? Around...Still A Classic In My Book..Those Steadicams Shots Are GOAT

Yeah, Stanley Kubrick actually threw a little subtle shot at Stephen King and his original Shining novel at the beginning of the film. In fact, this film is full of subliminal imagery and underlying messages pertaining to Native Americans being killed during the "discovery" of America and Kubrick's alleged involvement in faking the Apollo 11 moon landing footage for NASA.

• Copper
    Options
    The initial pick to play Batman was Bill Murray. It's just one of the many, many films that offered Bill Murray a lead role and (most likely) turned out better because he turned it down. Some others include Han Solo in Star Wars, Raymond in Rain Man, Forrest Gump and the voice of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story.

Christian Bale once auditioned for Robin. He's vague about talking about it now, but apparently Christian Bale auditioned to be Robin in Batman Forever. The role would go to Chris O'Donnell, and that was probably the better choice. Because all the set reports from Batman Forever say it was NOT a set of people acting like professionals -- Joel Schumacher, Tommy Lee Jones and Val Kilmer all hated each other -- and Bale didn't quite have the clout yet to berate everyone for not acting like professionals.

If Batman & Robin hadn't bombed, a fifth movie was ready to go -- with a cast member from Perfect Strangers. It was called Batman Triumphant and would've come out in 1999. Clooney would've been back as Batman. And then the casting rumors get progressively weirder. Nicholas Cage would've been pursued to be the Scarecrow... Madonna would've been pursued to be Harley Quinn... and, best of all, Mark Linn-Baker of Perfect Strangers would've been pursued as a villain called Man-Bat

One of the Wayans brothers was signed on to play Robin until just days before Batman Returns started filming. I can't believe this one, but Batman Returns was supposed to have Robin alongside Batman, taking on the Penguin and Catwoman. And Robin was going to be... Marlon Wayans. The role was cut just days before they started shooting.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    did you know that jackie chan was a stunt man in the bruce lee films enter the dragon and fist of fury
    Jackie_Chan_Fist.JPG
    jackie_chan_2007_05_27.jpg
    3668075276_592d517103.jpg

add on....

I saw that that on you tube a few years ago. when he died the torch was passed to Jackie. r.i.p Jim Kelly
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Wtf Scarecrow, Harley Quinn and Man-Bat in the same movie? That made no sense.