Chris Davis and White Folks BARRY BONDS IS THE HOME RUN KING (BONDS APPRECIATION)

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
gal-barrybonds-4-jpg.jpg

You white folks and baseball purist is old, sick and flabby, THE KING IS BARRY BONDS the most feared Hitter in MLB History...

Roger Maris record got crushed, it's over there's nothing you can do.....Yall tried that same ? when Hammerin Hank broke Babe Ruth record...

Chris Davis shut up and try to break Bonds record, and watch that pressure breaks your spirit....

The illustrious list:

Barry Bonds, 73, 2001
Mark McGwire, 70, 1998
Sammy Sosa, 66, 1998
Mark McGwire, 65, 1999
Sammy Sosa, 64, 2001
Sammy Sosa, 63, 1999
Roger Maris, 61, 1961
Babe Ruth, 60, 1927

Davis said he believes he's chasing Maris' single-season record, not Bonds'.

“I do and the reason being, he was the last guy to do it clean,” Davis said on ESPN's Mike and Mike morning show (via baltimoresportsreport.com). “There's a lot of things that have been said about the guys who have come after him and have achieved the record, but I think as far as the fans are concerned they still view Maris as being the all-time home run record [holder] and I think you have to. There's no doubt that Barry and Mark and any of those guys had ridiculous seasons and had some great years, but I think when you get to the root of the record, I still think it's Roger Maris'.”

Comments

• waterproof
    Options
    SALUTE THE KING, BARRY BONDS BREAK SINGLE SEASON RECORD HELD BY BIG MAC

Barry Bonds home run #71
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KzHrSDaisY&list=PL48086C679B18DB9F
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't mad at him. Sucks for the HR hitters now because we assume they juicing because of Bonds and McGwire.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Even though i got Chris Davis on my MLB fantasy team. he needs to shut the ? up and hope he can keep doing what he doing to the end of the year and continue next year.

Because if not, He will be known as the next Brady Anderson hit 50 home runs in a season and felled the ? off
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hank Aaron is still the HR king.

61 is still the single season mark.

Stop trying to make it about race...Mark McGwire has been ? on just as much and his numbers aren't respected at all.

Nah Mark McGwire ducked out and dogged the missles.. sure he felt some wrath but he wasnt outcasted
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ask most anyone who is the all time leader in home runs. for a season or career. the numbers that still come to mind are 61 and 755. Those numbers are engranded into the minds of baseball fans. Just like Ted Williams being the last to hit .400 and DiMaggio and the 56 game streak. I think most people would struggle to name how many career homers bonds has. Even if he has better numbers, they aren't acknowledged and respected the way the others are.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    ask most anyone who is the all time leader in home runs. for a season or career. the numbers that still come to mind are 61 and 755. Those numbers are engranded into the minds of baseball fans. Just like Ted Williams being the last to hit .400 and DiMaggio and the 56 game streak. I think most people would struggle to name how many career homers bonds has. Even if he has better numbers, they aren't acknowledged and respected the way the others are.

? , those old days and old baseball purist is a dying breed, yall is dying off, yall is the reason why kids dont ? with baseball and it's not America's Pastime....

Hammerin Hank and Willie Mays says Bonds is THE KING, and ask the new generation they will say 73 and 762,

RESPECT THE KING
  • Matt-
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

? , those old days and old baseball purist is a dying breed, yall is dying off, yall is the reason why kids dont ? with baseball and it's not America's Pastime....

Hammerin Hank and Willie Mays says Bonds is THE KING, and ask the new generation they will say 73 and 762,

RESPECT THE KING

mays is bonds godfather or some ? and hank isn't exactly the type to cause a ruckus. i respect bonds. he's one of the best i ever saw play in person. and when i saw him play in person, he was with the pirates
  • waterproof
    Options
    1293528160.jpg

SALUTE THE KING

1 Barry Bonds 762
    2 Hank Aaron 755
    3 Babe Ruth 714
    4 Willie Mays 660
    5 Alex Rodriguez 647
    6 Ken Griffey, Jr. 630
    7 Jim Thome 612
    8 Sammy Sosa 609
    9 Frank Robinson 586
    10 Mark McGwire 583
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My all-time favorite player and i don't care about the records.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Damn you knee collector!!!

grif.jpg

The KID was the chosen one to break all the Home Records, it breaks my heart that injuries kept him from getting 700, damn after his first year in Cincy he had bad times...
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was a big bonds supporter until I read the game of shadows.Hank still got that record in my mind

That interview when bonds was on crutches after his knee surgery wit his son was hilarious
  • waterproof
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I would of love to see Barry Bonds reached 3000 hits but they wasnt going to let him get that.......after 2007 Barry Bonds was healing and was waiting for a team to give him a chance all the way to 2011 before he retired from

2935 hits

1996 rbi's

762 HR's

.298 BA

514 SB

If Bonds would of played 3 more years he would of have 800 Hr that record would never been broken and over 3000 hits, they wouldnt let him do it, a damn shame.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stop trying to make it about race...Mark McGwire has been ? on just as much and his numbers aren't respected at all.

? no they let Mark be a coach.... Barry blackballed forever.... ? that.... Bonds is the king them older head were poppin greenies
  • Matt-
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

? no they let Mark be a coach.... Barry blackballed forever.... ? that.... Bonds is the king them older head were poppin greenies

But dawg....THEY CHEATIN!!!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ? hate the asterisk era. i'm bout to bail on the Twins for good too. ? that org
  • waterproof
    Options

But dawg....THEY CHEATIN!!!

First of all Bonds have not found guilty of nothing, they aint got a case on him because his circle is tight, so that means he's innocent.

2nd of all it's baseball, baseball is built on cheating and have a cheating culture.....spitballs, grease and scuffing the ball, betting, thrown games, stealing signs, cork bats, greenies. ? Perry the biggest cheater in baseball history, throwing spitballs won 300 games and they love him, he's in the hall of fame and everybody know he throws a spitball and his peers voted him in, yall ain't saying ? bout that
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when bonds was about to break the career hr record I remember crakas holding up sings saying "babe is still king" and "babe did it on hotdogs not roids" and I was thinking babe ? got kraked 30 something years ago...krakas dont respect the man who held it for decades (hank aaron)
  • Copper
    Options
    im be ignant ? it.... if yall gonna asterik Bonds... Ima asterik Ruths ? cuz he was beating up on white boys while the black folk and Hispanics werent allowed to play....

then put a double star by hanks name b/c he did it in the face of racism and death threats....
  • Copper
    Options
    despite all the injuries and setbacks...KGJ is still #6 on the list...a huge testament to how good he was
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bonds is the best baseball player of all time and the homerun king.
    Pitchers were on roids too. It was a balanced playing field.
  • Copper
    Options
    players were high on coke in the 70s
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

shut yo mouth, and i can mention race because they tried the same ? with Hank Aaron tried to diminish his accomplishment....

you know ? about baseball, Mark McGwire is in the league, they accept him and let him in as The Cardinals Hitting Coach and not a word was peep, his first year back he was receiving praises as the cardinals hitting coach talking bout how he's an expert in hitting and all types of ?

Barry Bonds said he like to be a hitting coach and no teams are ? with him and not letting him back in baseball.

So again talk what you know and stick to handball and cricket.

BARRY BONDS Single Season King

BARRY BONDS ALL TIME HOME RUN KING

his records stand, U MAD

I can't remember the last time I heard Mark McGwire's numbers praised. Stop being a bitter ? because Bonds was as roided up as you are so you thought you had a shot in the league because of it.

lol @ Bonds being blackballed from baseball...Pete Rose was blackballed...Bonds is just a ? with a blurry past that nobody wants to hire.

U is a true ? , u tried that GnS sensitive, we are the world ? , and thought u was going to get cosigns, lol.......well this is the cheap seats where we dont sympathize for wack hoes and WIMPY GUYS.

U aint heard the praises because u dont know ? or watch baseball. Big Mac had managers, baseball players, commentators the greatest manager in baseball history Tony Larussa all saying that Mark belongs in baseball, his knowledge of hitting is great and all types of ? and he's a 260 career hitter, so they let him and in his first year as a cardinal hitting coach he was praised for making Matt Holiday, allen craig and David Fresse a better hitter and overall improvement for the hitting for the team. That the cardinals was leading NL in Ba, OBP the years he was coaching.

Now he's the batting coach for the Dodgers, they turning their hitting around now they acting like he's ted williams.

Yo see ? just because it aint on espn that's why u aint heard his praise, im a true old school fan and espn dont make it news, get ur baseball knowledge up chump and stick to badminton and hot dog eating contest, u need some Test in ur life