PS4 digital library accessible on any system

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
PS4 digital library accessible on any system
July 10, 2013 12:09PM PDT
Facebook111

By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Sony engineer reveals gamers can sign into PSN account and access complete digital library on any system.
The PlayStation 4 will allow users to sign into their PlayStation Network account and access their complete digital library on any system, Sony engineer Neil Brown said today at Develop.

"You can visit your friend's house you can log into your account and play any game from your digital library, which is good," Brown said, as reported by PlayStation Magazine U.K..

Game downloads at a friend's house won't take all day, Brown explained. By leveraging the PS4's "Play As You Download" feature, gamers can play "at least the first section" of a game right away, while the rest of the title is downloaded in the background.

"This makes a digital library a practical option in the real world," Brown said.

Competitor Microsoft announced a similar feature in June, saying gamers can play any of their games from any Xbox One thanks to the digital copy being stored in the cloud.

"So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games," Microsoft said at the time.

It is unclear if this policy has been amended following Microsoft's major policy reversal last month. A Microsoft representative was not immediately available to comment.

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool but You can already do this now on PS3, though. I guess the major difference is that you can play while downloading, which is dope, not having to wait all day for them ? to complete.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was just about to say this. Cloud already allows us to sign in on any system and continue where we left off on any game (Digital or Physical). Now we can play while DL'ing so that's an improvement.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He said you can play the first section of the game whilst its downloading.

What if the game doesn't have sections. What if its an online mp shooter or an open world game or a racing game where you can select any track?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

What if the game doesn't have sections. What if its an online mp shooter or an open world game or a racing game where you can select any track?

you can play the first section right away ...... the rest as it becomes available depending on your DL speed. Every SP: has sections
  • Karl.
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

you can play the first section right away ...... the rest as it becomes available depending on your DL speed. Every SP: has sections

GTAV? Just gonna load a section of the map?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

GTAV? Just gonna load a section of the map?

you think this is a Wii U?
  • Karl.
    Options
    Haha! I'm saying though. Some people won't be able to download at a decent speed.

I'm sure you understand. Don't you send data through vines on your island?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Haha! I'm saying though. Some people won't be able to download at a decent speed.

I'm sure you understand. Don't you send data through vines on your island?

I live in the white people area ...... they leave their wifi unprotected
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT! Where my gamesharers at! shout out @KillaCham
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    me and @KillaCham was scamming and hacking ? for their download games lol
  • earth two superman
    Options
    yeah i remember Ducky hooked it up one time too lol
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Lmao OffThaTop's fraud ass stay taking credit for other ? 's work. I put together Oceans 7, a group of 7 dudes from when we used to chat on AIM all the time (I think it was me, Fresh, mynameaintearl, NYMike, ElzAye wit his ol' ? , TownBizness, JRGong) to phish a bunch of Rapidshare and Megaupload account passcodes.

We split up and spread fake links of T.I. and Lil Wayne's albums that didn't even leak yet, and The Hulk movie or some ? to a bunch of sites like Boxden, etc. ? was a big success, I had like 100+ Rapidshare accounts and gave them ? ? like 5 each. One of the dude's I phished was Jamaal Jackson who was a (benched) lineman on the Eagles at the time. I copped maaaaaad ? on his PSN account and shared them with different people. LOL @ him emailing his own email account saying "? ? in my account will die!!!" lol good times.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    I put together Frank Oceans 7

Woat
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lmao we both got our PS3's suspended for that ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lmao we both got our PS3's suspended for that ?

they gave me 30 days I think