Orange Is the New Black - Season 1 (Netflix)

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Orange Is the New Black is an American Netflix original comedy-drama series, created by Jenji Kohan and will be produced by Lionsgate Television. It is based on Piper Kerman's memoir Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison. The series premiered on July 11, 2013. On June 27, 2013, Netflix renewed Orange Is the New Black for a second season.
orange-is-the-new-black-poster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nryWkAaWjKg

Jus watched the pilot. I thought it would have been alil funnier. pretty much jus introduced the characters and setting. Looks interesting tho. Im expecting alotta crazy ? to go down. All the characters are pretty much weird and odd, which is cool. lol @ Nick Sobotka, dude plays a ? ? prison guard. his character looks like he gone be funny as ? . Imma check the rest of it later this week...

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually not a huge fan of shows with an all Female cast. I did like Weeds tho (made by Jenji) so i may check it out.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched the season Friday and Saturday and loved it. Dope ass show that pulls you in. Lots of different little story lines going on but not to fast paced. Like how they show the back story of how the characters got to where they are. Can't wait for Season 2.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, didn't like it. Watched 2 episodes and it failed to interest me.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm watching it now. It's alright, not as interesting as Weeds. I can't stand Jason Biggs fiancée.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow it's like oz with bulldikes i'd rather watch that prison flick starring pam grier.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weeds was my ? , so I had to watch this. Only one episode in, but I'm diggin it.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched the first 3 episodes, I like it. A somewhat comedic spin on OZ with women. The humor is very much like weeds. I think it does a good job of balancing the funny with the serious.

It's really day in the life of this broad because barely a week has passed in the handful of episodes I've seen.
  • marc123
    edited July 2013
    Options
    bout 4 episodes in so far. imo the story is kinda borin. but I find the characters interesting. so I'll see it thru
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    show has gotten some rave reviews
    caught the 1st episode, was good but wasnt great imo.

I'll keep checking since there isnt much else on tv this time of the year
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man just watched this whole season. I slept through the first four episodes but it caught my eye deeper in.

This ? has potential. Last episode delivered like it should have. Love the storylines

Netflix Shows 2/3 so far
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished watching them all. Good show overall, even better if you have a woman she may get into it more than you. Great season finale too.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen part of the first episode. I walked in the room with it on at the part where they're in the showers and you can see ? . I just sat down like "damn.." And started watching lol

Ok I will check this show out.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea watching this with the wife we about 5 ep in really good show since I liked weeds I didn't hesitate to give this a shot.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm on the first EP now, figured it was one to watch with the Missus...
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished episode 5

lol @ everybody chasing the chicken

poor dandelion...

'I threw my pie for you'

she '? ' that woman off
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MissK wrote: »
    Just finished episode 5

poor dandelion...

'I threw my pie for you'

she '? ' that woman off

That scene was hilarious. Crazy Eyes is probably my favorite character.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MissK wrote: »
    Just finished episode 5

poor dandelion...

'I threw my pie for you'

she '? ' that woman off

That scene was hilarious. Crazy Eyes is probably my favorite character.

Agreed

I like how they flash back a little on each character, can't wait to see her back story

• marc123
    Options
    jus finished episode 10. jus gotta say...
    RIP to the corn roll gangsta white broad. she was a cool character. sad to see her go

and yea, I like how they show lil snippets of everyones life b4 prison. we get 2 see how much prison life has changed them.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen every episode. ? is a funny and dope.

Alot of lesbian scenes which is nice I would like to see some more.

I still look at Alex like shes Donna lol shes all up cussing and eating ? . ? was funny.

Good Show
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao I look at that chick like she's still Donna too. No matter what color she dyes her hair, she still looks, sounds and acts like Donna to me.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    initial thoughts a couple of episodes in

- the main chick has some sexy ass eyes

- her lesbian girlfriend looks like scarlett johannson would do if she ever got the chris brown treatment but the damage was bad and she had to rebuild so smash on her as well.

- nick sobotka is gunning for the best mustache on tv,trying to defeat ron swanson da gawd.

and

large.gif
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DNB1
    Options
    Starting EP 3 and....SMFH @ the ? wearing panties and bra...
  • DNB1
    Options
    Wtf?! That's a ? !