What's the Most Expensive Mistake You Ever Made?

Options
Rubato Garcia
Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not pulling out of that fertile broad? Car wreck that was your fault? Engagement/wedding ring?

Mine was earlier this year...made a mistake filling out my tax return, ended up getting about $3000 more than I should have. My car was having issues so I didn't question it and put it all into getting my ? fixed. The mistake was caught soon thereafter, now I gotta pay it all back in installments plus interest. Not all bad though, it basically amounted to a $3000 loan and the interest isn't bad since it was caught quickly. I should have it paid off by December.

What's your most expensive mistake?

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought a car from my brother in law when he was moving. I got it for cheap and was going flip it and double the money. The ? had front end damage. put me about 5k in the hole. ? up in college was far worst tho. Took loans I didn't need at first then ended taking more loans because fasfa cut me off.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Fit up of iron bo'ed on me while welding it. Had to scrap it, all 300lbs of it. Cost the company 7k. Still kept my job, surprisingly.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    went to school in october 2005
    sallie mae still calling me, u do the math
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Business mistakes. Too much inexperience at the time. I lost about 70k when it was all said and done.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    went to school in october 2005
    sallie mae still calling me, u do the math

You better pay up.

Sallie doesnt play no games if you work at a job were you report taxes they can garnish your wages.

If you own property or a house they will eventually put a lien against it.

You better call them and set up a plan to pay them even if its as little as $50-$100 a month.

I had a cousin that learned this ? the hard way.

They will lull you to sleep and make you think they forgot then they will come after your ? .
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Business mistakes. Too much inexperience at the time. I lost about 70k when it was all said and done.

Got damn
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Direct Loan and a private loan for school...nuff said!
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Running a light. $600 from that ? ass light camera.

? , for a ticket???
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    Saved up $1200 and bought 87 Cutlass behind my folks back when I was 15 cause I didn't feel like waiting for a chance to get a better car. Ended up pushin it more than driving it he 3 months I had it...

My 85 Delta was $1600. Another 2k trying to fix it up over time and then the ? straight up died on me. Had a cluster ? of ? going on, ended up slanging the ? . Just ain't have the time or patience no more.

But I don't regret one penny I spent. I ? loved that car, bruh.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bought some 20 inch rims and ended up cracking one going home on a ? night.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not pulling out of that fertile broad? Car wreck that was your fault? Engagement/wedding ring?

Mine was earlier this year...made a mistake filling out my tax return, ended up getting about $3000 more than I should have. My car was having issues so I didn't question it and put it all into getting my ? fixed. The mistake was caught soon thereafter, now I gotta pay it all back in installments plus interest. Not all bad though, it basically amounted to a $3000 loan and the interest isn't bad since it was caught quickly. I should have it paid off by December.

What's your most expensive mistake?

yeah same ? happened to me except i was helping out a friend.had to pay back $3,700 back.took 2 ? years.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saved up $1200 and bought 87 Cutlass behind my folks back when I was 15 cause I didn't feel like waiting for a chance to get a better car. Ended up pushin it more than driving it he 3 months I had it...

Inb4 1987 delta couldnt even get poncho to the shelter
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $350 speeding ticket for going 50 in a 35 smh....it was a trap though
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

My 85 Delta was $1600. Another 2k trying to fix it up over time and then the ? straight up died on me. Had a cluster ? of ? going on, ended up slanging the ? . Just ain't have the time or patience no more.

But I don't regret one penny I spent. I ? loved that car, bruh.

I feel that, the couple months it did drive I felt like the ? man. Was one of the few ? in my grade with a whip. No more havin to ride my bike cross-town to my girl's crib either...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i took a $5,000 check from a client when i was moving back to the u.s from canada... opened a new bank account with it... ? bounced.... bank made an error and deducted the balance twice so they had me owing them 10k for a while which ? up my whole ? for months while i had them figure out their mistake and remove me from the shitlist. they had a ? doing big things at the check cashing surrounded by hungry wolves.

i knew dude was kinda shifty but his checks cleared all year so i didn't sweat it but i guess since i was leaving the country he decided to get slick. i "accessed" his email so i could know when he was coming back to the states and found out from that that he eventually got arrested for doing scams and did some time and also got sued into oblivion and became bankrupt so i feel vindicated.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i was 19 i got a new job and had to fill out my W-2 or w/e thats called. Ended up claiming 3 on accident. Was gettin pretty good paychecks but then when my tax return came back i owed 1500. ? me the ? off and i got it all figured out with HR and some lady helped me fill out my W-2. Nice lady.