Game...Name Drops...New Label...Again

Options
Weazel
Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

From " Rolex Records " to, hold on...The *cough cough* Firm

LMAO
-how original -

(no news about what happened to Stat Quo's job at...The Firm)

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Stat Quo.

Last label i heard Game had was Black Wallstreet.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BWS is defunct
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blackwallstreet was connected to jimmy snitchmen
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got all them BWS tattoos too lol
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought he was about to sign to "rich gang"
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf ever happened to "juice" "ya boy" & "Clyde Carson" tho .... Usually rapper run labels at least have one other ? drop an album ... I can't recall one other cat that dropped on BWS
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what ever happened to G Unit?
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol he been trynna go back to gunit if u ain't know.wants that tour money.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He probably changed it from Rolex Records after seeing Ace Hood's Rolex take a nose dive in front of bow wow. He had a vision of someone mentioning it when dissing him and his label.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever happened to BigFase 100
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Once a dickrider, always a dickrider. I'm not surprised in the least.

I'm only surprised he didn't name it "Def Bad Deathrow-Boy-a-Fella Jam Records"

Never has the phrase "you a dickriding ? , you love the attention" been a more apt description for a rapper.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He changed the name cause Rolex took em to court so they had to change it. Some ? like that he said it in IG
  • Weazel
    Options
    Somebody know something about The Firm's actual roster?, lol
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game is irrelevant, if yall recall he didn't start talkin again until JayZ was about to drop MCHG...before that he was lost in married life gettin' brownbeat by his ? on VH1...cut it out. ? ain't got ? . Name ONE Rapper that you like that would even think about signing with that ? ? He ain't no businessman.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weazel wrote: »

They're looking for artists on IG/Twitter/and FB

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    dam i can't remember what year it was when i had a thread bout blackwallstreet and young money not een being real labels...just some ? wayne and game kept screaming out but yet no music had ever dropped

years later at least wayne done put out some music from his artists....
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    if yall recall he didn't start talkin again until JayZ was about to drop MCHG...

...ooookay. Your troll game would be funnier if this at least made some sense.
  • Weazel
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Yup, forgot to mention that
    Sooo, I guess no actual roster then?

BWS could've should've would've been a great label
    But Game had made the choice to ride on G-Unit like crazy
    So bye bye label plans..

Otherwise who knows...

"Black Wall Street Records 2013"
    Roster:

Game, Jay Rock, Glasses Malone, Ya Boy, Kendrick Lamar, Bishop Lamont, Juice, Ab Soul, Clyde Carson, Mista FAB, Schoolboy Q, and maybe some West Coast veteran MCs to make ? complete. A label like that?, would be dope as ?

• SnuffDaddy
    edited July 2013
    Options

So bye bye label plans..

Otherwise who knows...

Roster:

Game, Jay Rock, Glasses Malone, Ya Boy, Kendrick Lamar, Bishop Lamont, Juice, Ab Soul, Clyde Carson, Mista FAB, Schoolboy Q, and maybe some West Coast veteran MCs to make ? complete. A label like that?, would be dope as ?

Nah, you reaching. You're clearly taking in hindsight like he even knew most of them or that he should just sign anyone you might like. Doesn't work like that. You gotta realize how it works & i can tell that you speak more from a fan perspective without realizing the real like how distrubution deals play in & so many other things were the artist doesn't have the most say since they not the investors.

Just don't feel like breaking it all down, but as far as the artists..

Ya Boy: His relationship with Game came thru his uncle. Ya Boy was planning on doing his own thing & eventually did get a deal somewhere else but i don't know what happened after. He also allegedly was offered a deal with Dre but turned it down so dude had other things in mind. He used to do some writing for some artists too at the time i heard.

Jay Rock/Kendrick/Schoolboy/AbSoul: Their relationship came thru some affiliates & the people runnin' TDE. When Game did joints with Jay Rock & Kendrick they were already on TDE & Jay Rock was signed to Warner while Kendrick got some development deal with Def Jam later on.

Ab Soul came recently. Dude wasn't apart of TDE back then. He came thru Mixed By Ali (engineer), who only been around a handful himself.

Schoolboy came to TDE like 2007-2008. He was just a local rapper before that doing his own thing.

Mistah Fab: Have been doig his own thing for years. Never even did much with Game. That wouldn't even a good fit. That was just random.

Bishop Lamont: Did you forget that Bishop was on Aftermath? Bishop also tried to go the 50 Cent route by trying to trash him out of nowhere, involving himself in Game & his brothers issue & things of that nature. I mean right before Bishop dropped he made up some wild story & just randomly dissed Game again. Once he saw nobody budged, he leaked songs he wasn't supposed to (allegedly), wasn't making noise & got dropped.

Glasses Malone: was doing things with BWS but chose not to be on that label cuz he wanted to do his own thing with the Blu Division thing. He got deals later on though with Cash Money & Mack 10. Also turned down alot of other deals at the time.

Juice: Was apart of BWS obviously but dude had to have been the laziest rapper ever. From 2006-2008/09 dude had like 2 mixtapes that got pushed back for over a year and nothing else. The mixtapes was also mostly remixes to radio songs. Don't think he had his heart in rap. Maybe his thing came thru Jimmy Henchman or someone else Game knew. That's how it goes in the business sometimes.

Music industry is based on making a profit off your investment. Not just sign who people on the internet like.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

So bye bye label plans..

Otherwise who knows...

Roster:

Nah, you reaching. You're clearly taking in hindsight like he even knew most of them or that he should just sign anyone you might like. Doesn't work like that. You gotta realize how it works & i can tell that you speak more from a fan perspective without realizing the real like how distrubution deals play in & so many other things were the artist doesn't have the most say since they not the investors.

Ya Boy: His relationship with Game came thru his uncle. Ya Boy was planning on doing his own thing & eventually did get a deal somewhere else but i don't know what happened after. He also allegedly was offered a deal with Dre but turned it down so dude had other things in mind. He used to do some writing for some artists too at the time i heard.

Jay Rock/Kendrick/Schoolboy/AbSoul: Their relationship came thru some affiliates & the people runnin' TDE. When Game did joints with Jay Rock & Kendrick they were already on TDE & Jay Rock was signed to Warner while Kendrick got some development deal with Def Jam later on.

Ab Soul came recently. Dude wasn't apart of TDE back then. He came thru Mixed By Ali (engineer), who only been around a handful himself.

Schoolboy came to TDE like 2007-2008. He was just a local rapper before that doing his own thing.

Mistah Fab: Have been doig his own thing for years. Never even did much with Game. That wouldn't even a good fit. That was just random.

Bishop Lamont: Did you forget that Bishop was on Aftermath? Bishop also tried to go the 50 Cent route by trying to trash him out of nowhere, involving himself in Game & his brothers issue & things of that nature. I mean right before Bishop dropped he made up some wild story & just randomly dissed Game again. Once he saw nobody budged, he leaked songs he wasn't supposed to (allegedly), wasn't making noise & got dropped.

Glasses Malone: was doing things with BWS but chose not to be on that label cuz he wanted to do his own thing with the Blu Division thing. He got deals later on though with Cash Money & Mack 10. Also turned down alot of other deals at the time.

Juice: Was apart of BWS obviously but dude had to have been the laziest rapper ever. From 2006-2008/09 dude had like 2 mixtapes that got pushed back for over a year and nothing else. The mixtapes was also mostly remixes to radio songs. Don't think he had his heart in rap. Maybe his thing came thru Jimmy Henchman or someone else Game knew. That's how it goes in the business sometimes.

Music industry is based on making a profit off your investment. Not just sign who people on the internet like.

Jay Rock was BWS in like 2005-2006 IDK where TDE was then, but he was claiming BWS back then
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the-firm_thelavalizard.jpg

• SnuffDaddy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

So bye bye label plans..

Otherwise who knows...

Roster:

Jay Rock was BWS in like 2005-2006 IDK where TDE was then, but he was claiming BWS back then

No he was not dawg. Jay Rock was always TDE. TDE is built from his hood. Jay Rock hooked up with Game thru 2 ? , who used to be Game's bodyguard & is now Kendrick's, Top Dog, Punch & nem from TDE. Game was supposed to executive produce Jay Rock's first album on Warner & they did open up alot of shows for him but he was never BWS.

That's how most of Kendrick & Jay Rock's early fans (like me) got to know of them.

Same thing with Nipsey. I had seen Nipsey on myspace but the reason he hooked up with Game was thru Big U & nem.