lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in The Reason
Who's the better all around rapper

http://youtu.be/qQlpxDd_g-M
http://youtu.be/E7HjGchKjaI

50 cent or T.i 122 votes

50 cent
39%
Dupacyoungnickveikuridwade206sapp08_2001ethosjayhi22BelovedAfenid.greenaffirmallchancenillerthekidthe_focused_oneqawshunR.D.qtipp73Karl.nohiphop1spit_fiyariddlerapReppinTime 48 votes
T.i
60%
wilberdmillzwill grimeybuttuh_bsouthsil4lilgnsex-soldiergeorgia boifarrelltexas409tharealest5615th Letterthatni99ajahmalinfamous114dbrazil412soul rattleraneed123double0sugenex ginJusDre313robblr86 74 votes

Comments

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.i. Better lyricist 50 is more entertaining tho and charismatic tho.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.i
    50 has the better catalogue, especially if we're including mixtapes. But I guess T.I. would be considered the better technical MC.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent
    I could never get into ti music. I have yet to hear one of his albums. Swagger like us showed me the boy can spit
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    T.i
    50 Cent really doesnt have anything on TIP when it comes to catalog... One great album and alot of not so good music vs 3 great albums and alot of good music

Really not close, though it would seem like it could be

I'd also take Dro over anybody else in G-Unit just for good measure
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent
    50 easily....he's the better lyricist, has the better albums and TI can't ? with him as an overall artist....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.i
    Yamoley wrote: »
    50 easily....he's the better lyricist, has the better albums and TI can't ? with him as an overall artist....

are u serious?

im serious and trap muzic>>>>> outside of his first album it aint no contest. him falling off doesnt help his case
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.i
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    I could never get into ti music. I have yet to hear one of his albums. Swagger like us showed me the boy can spit

if u never heard his albums and swagger like us is what ur using to compare then u lost. TI's first 2 albums are his best and u done missed out on his first 4 if swagger like us is all u heard smh
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    T.i
    Massacre, POTD and BISD are all great albums as well. We not gon act like T.I. didn't fall off just as bad if not worse musically after King than 50. Tip has more albums altogether. 50 has a top 3 mixtape catalog in history.

Both of these rappers were my favorites at one point so I'm not really biased on the topic.

GRODT >> Massacre >> Urban Legend >> Trap Muzik >> POTD >> King >> BISD >> I'm Serious >> Paper Trail >> Curtis >> Trouble Man >> T.I. vs. T.I.P. >> No Mercy

Tip just got more albums but Fif's are of higher quality.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    T.i
    But Tip can spazz on a track way harder than 50 and he's more versatile with subject matter and had more commercial longevity. I would say T.I. is a better rapper but I personally prefer Fif.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent
    T.I is the better lyricist but 50 made slightly better music
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent
    T.I is the better lyricist but I'm more likely to check for 50. T.I doesn't draw my interest at all.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent
    50, and he didnt have to sell out the last 3 albums.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    50 cent
    riddlerap wrote: »
    50, and he didnt have to sell out the last 3 albums.

Nor did he sell well last 3 albums either.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    50 cent
    @Paul Hate
    How u lol'ing my post when u said the same ? tho?
  • _Menace_
    Options
    50 cent
    s.free wrote: »
    @Paul Hate
    How u lol'ing my post when u said the same ? tho?

hes a ? baby
    dont mind him
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    T.i
    T.I. actually improved. 50 Cent went downhill way to fast. Plus tip got more albums than 50 do.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.i
    My choice.. T.I.

I can listen to more of his discography and still find tracks that stand out to me. With 50 I think some are bangers, mainly due to the beats, but doesn't take that long til I switch it.. OFF
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.i
    TI has way more talent and can make good music covering a few subjects. 50 is good when you want some Gangsta ? to bump.

One of the best, most creative verses ever imo.

Yeah, hah, you think? That's right; ay
    You can go see Weezy for the wordplay, Jeezy for the bird play
    Kanyeezy for diversity and me for controversy
    All my verses picture perfect, only spit to serve a purpose
    You ain't living what you kicking then you worthless
    Looking from the surface it may seem like I got reason to be nervous
    Then observe my work to see that my adversity was worth it
    Verses autobiographical, absolutely classical
    Last thing I'm worried about is what another rapper do
    Ain't nobody hot as me
    Even if they rap they ass off, blast off and have outstanding quality
    Sell a lot of records, I'll respect it and salute that
    But spitting real life on hot beats I'm the truth at
    You kick it like me, no exaggeration necessary
    Living revolutionary, nothing less than legendary
    Gangsta ? hereditary, got it from my dad
    Flow colder than February with extraordinary swag
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Massacre, POTD and BISD are all great albums as well. We not gon act like T.I. didn't fall off just as bad if not worse musically after King than 50. Tip has more albums altogether. 50 has a top 3 mixtape catalog in history.

Both of these rappers were my favorites at one point so I'm not really biased on the topic.

GRODT >> Massacre >> Urban Legend >> Trap Muzik >> POTD >> King >> BISD >> I'm Serious >> Paper Trail >> Curtis >> Trouble Man >> T.I. vs. T.I.P. >> No Mercy

Tip just got more albums but Fif's are of higher quality.

You reachin'.

I like 50 more than T.I. but T.I. clearly has the better catalouge. How you gon' count mixtapes though? SMH, c'mon dog.

T.I. does have advantage over 50 though due to the fact that he's put out more albums. T.I. has 8 albums, 50 only has 5 (counting Power Of The Dollar, which never officially got released)
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent
    Neither artist is a dope lyricist (TI gets way too much credit for that Swagger Like Us verse) but I played 50s music more throughout the years. 50 was dominant in his prime but now I don't listen to either of them.
    Anybody got that new Quasimoto?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    T.i
    50 has the better catalogue, especially if we're including mixtapes. But I guess T.I. would be considered the better technical MC.

ti-laughing.gif
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    T.i
    T.I. only got 3 dope albums, 50 got 4. Do y'all really wanna put mixtapes against each other? Is that really what y'all want?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    T.i
    T.I. only got 3 dope albums, 50 got 4. Do y'all really wanna put mixtapes against each other? Is that really what y'all want?

Nobody talks about his mixtapes but you cornballs. 50 got 4 dope albums my ass. 3 mic-3.5 mic albums arent dope, they are avg-to above avg albums.

lol at anything after The Massacre being "dope", hell even that album is just meh and I bought the ? .

If TI only had 3 dope albums outta 8 his career wouldve been over a long time ago. U wilin son