Guess where this happened: Black man shot by police in front of his own home for doing nothing.

Options
konceptjones
konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
r0AYH.gif

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130728/NEWS11/307280027/Deputies-shoot-at-man-in-his-yard?nclick_check=1

"Deputies in Florida's Escambia County have some explaining to do after they allegedly shot an unarmed man for grabbing a box of cigarettes out of his own car outside his own house.

Roy Middleton was returning home from work early Saturday morning, when he stopped by the car he and his mother share to grab some cigarettes.

A neighbor who didn't recognize Middleton phoned the local sheriff's office to report a possible burglary.

Deputies dispatched to the scene found Middleton inside the vehicle and ordered him to back away with his hands in the air. As he was doing so, Middleton says he turned to face the deputies.

"It was like a firing squad," he later recalled from his hospital bed. "Bullets were flying everywhere."

All told, deputies fired seven shots, five of which struck the car and the side of Middleton's house, where his elderly mother Ceola Walker was sleeping.

At least one of the bullets hit Middleton's leg...
"

http://gawker.com/unarmed-man-shot-by-deputies-inside-his-own-car-outside-949237195

Comments

• LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How they manage to fire seven shots and only hit him once lol Ridiculous. Like the beach cops that choked out that kid a couple months back.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? shoulda backed away with his hands in the air.Nah following instructions is too hard for these Adhd having clowns so he turned around and got some real hot ? put in him.Tough break nukka
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he should be glad he isn't dead...? these cops learn to shot at
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? shoulda backed away with his hands in the air.Nah following instructions is too hard for these Adhd having clowns so he turned around and got some real hot ? put in him.Tough break nukka

You believe the police have the right to ? someone because they didn't follow instructions? I understand they might think someone will turn around and shoot, but it doesn't seem justified to me.
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watch by end of this year - blue coats are gonna start getting dropped like flies...
  • Wild Willie in the A
    Wild Willie in the A Members Posts: 281
    Options

You believe the police have the right to ? someone because they didn't follow instructions? I understand they might think someone will turn around and shoot, but it doesn't seem justified to me.

people gonna learn one day that it's best to avoid conflict... the ? he had to reach in the car for some Cig's for anyway??
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tell that to the cops that have gotten merked in situations like that because they gave the person the benefit of the doubt. It's a tricky situation, definitely trickier than most people acknowledge.

That said, cops are trigger happy as hell these days.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

people gonna learn one day that it's best to avoid conflict... the ? he had to reach in the car for some Cig's for anyway??

bruh
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically.

He'll probably make some money off of this ? anyway.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a 60 year old man though? Smmfh!
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is cartoonish.

Luckily for Middleton, the deputies were as incompetent in their accuracy as they were zealous to shoot him, assuming the details are accurate.
    All told, deputies fired seven shots, five of which struck the car and the side of Middleton's house
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was self defense. Cigs can cause cancer
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ a 60yr old man still living with his mother
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

You ain't reading that ? right. He went to the car to get cigarettes out of it. As the police drew down, he followed their instructions getting out of it and was shot while turning to face them. Not reaching into the car.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    smh @ a 60yr old man still living with his mother

This is the only thing you can have against that man. @du_du 's future. SHOTS FIRED