Punishment For Riley Cooper........

Options
Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
edited August 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Aight so by now most of us have heard the video of Philadelphia Eagles WR Riley Cooper saying "Ill fight every ? here". Eagles owner Jeff Lurie immediately came out and apologized and gave him a whopping $1,000 fine. The NFL came out and said they dont condone that kind of behavior blah blah blah. IMO I believe Officer Goodell will also lay down some kind of punishment. What do you think should happen to the guy?

http://youtu.be/xFTqo4rlcG8

Punishment For Riley Cooper........ 81 votes

More fines
19%
ragemiamivice305TheBossmandnyce215R.D.Stewfranknittiits....JOHN BTheBoyRonumbaz...80's babypurpngoldSupremeXXVLos216HyenaKillaericb4prezspiritgod87 16 votes
Suspension
23%
northside7smokelahomaGot Em ShookHustleThaDonthagamekAjUnChi-Town BullyNothingButTheTruthwoah316Confidential PlayaRAPHVader_F_Kennedynj2089manofmorehouseMARIO_DROeastbay510onetoughmiracleFlashHexWeezy_Christ 19 votes
Banned from the NFL
13%
rap mysteriolion_hearttraestarlord nemesisChef_Taylor gman82Serious Juice MayneMR BUDTHIRDSUPREMEUndergroundraplegendindyman87 11 votes
Nothing
43%
aneed123the ghostjoeyfkncrakkbow to royaltyfoxchaser07achewon87qtipp73AP12Cutler 26 INT's LOL!sTaY_TrUeunspoken_respectPanchoYoSanchoMax.CoolJoeThe Lonious Monkcoop9889StoneColdMikeygoldenjaBilly_PonchoIgot5onit 35 votes

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing
    Let him cook
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing
    Kerry Collins never got punished for calling Muhammad the n word. Cooper shouldn't be punished by the league just because he was caught saying it on a camera phone.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing
    Smfh at what media has turned sports into

People cant do ? without being crucified

I can understand murder, or a major law-breaking action, or a serious psychological condition being newsworthy...

But ? like the johnny manzel thing, this... gtfoh

This is why the period between the end of the NBA and beginning of NFL sucks ass
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing
    take it out on the field....put some change on his brain

concussion-$ 1,000

broken arm/leg- $ 5,000

career ender- $ 10,000

dome check him in the locker room- $ (get zimmerman's lawyer)
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suspension
    This is why the period between the end of the NBA and beginning of NFL sucks ass

^^^^Quoted for realness!^^^^

For real though he should probably sit out a few games. No more than at least 3.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Let him cook

^^^^Quoted for realness!^^^^

For real though he should probably sit out a few games. No more than at least 3.

naw....he gon pay for it everytime he line up breh....he better keep his head on a swivel

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1k??? roy hibbert said no ? and he got slapped with a 75k fine, smh. I can't believe all these ? are accepting his apology. ? that. Stephen A Smith has turned in supreme ? and Vick is trying to gain back some admiration from the white folks he ? off regarding the mutt killings. Guess what Vick? THEY STILL HATE YO ? . Today's black athlete are ? .
    word he should get that hibbert charge
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if anything he will get another fine at most......trust me he's not the only nfl player who acts like that but he just got caught
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how much would riley cooper pay if the eagles had a black owner or if the nfl commissioner was black....? would've gotten realer
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icecoldcoon why do you give a ? , don't the white ? you supposedly smash call you "? " on the daily....

as for this idiot, that's him showing his true nature after downing two cups of beer....you creepy ass crackers ain't ?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would assume hibbert got the bigger fine bcuz he said his ? during a league event.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Nothing
    I would assume hibbert got the bigger fine bcuz he said his ? during a league event.

that, and its a different league. and they've already fined players for that kind of stuff (amare, kobe).

i don't know if anyone has been fined for something they were 'caught' saying. I don't think Sergio Garcia was fined for comments about Tiger Woods.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I already know what white people are gonna say "Well black people say it all the time" and ? what the leauge is gonna do what are his teammates gonna do they the ones who got to be around his racist white devil ass everyday
  • Stew
    Options
    More fines
    Matt- wrote: »

that, and its a different league. and they've already fined players for that kind of stuff (amare, kobe).

i don't know if anyone has been fined for something they were 'caught' saying. I don't think Sergio Garcia was fined for comments about Tiger Woods.

So you comparing a "Fried Chicken" comment to a "? " comment? O_o
  • Stew
    Options
    More fines
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I already know what white people are gonna say "Well black people say it all the time" and ? what the leauge is gonna do what are his teammates gonna do they the ones who got to be around his racist white devil ass everyday

Started as soon as it happened. The white broadcasters that I work with kept bringing up the fact that its used in rap and people call each other "? " and "? " all the time lol I just shook my head. No point in getting into an argument with them unless they put me on air. I did talk to Brian Finneran about it and he was pretty ? off that he did it. His opinion>>>the others that just talk about sports and never played.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Nothing
    Matt- wrote: »

So you comparing a "Fried Chicken" comment to a "? " comment? O_o

this isn't an audition for a sports talk hosting gig. That line is nothing but bait, and i'm not biting.

• Matt-
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Nothing
    this is the conclusion that i've come to. The white population demands a logical explanation as to why black people can say that word but white people cannot. The black population either does not have a logical explanation or they do have logical explanations, but they refuse to give it up. Either way, THERE WILL NEVER BE AN EXPLANATION THAT MAKES SENSE!! So the best thing to do is to put aside any rational thought, and just accept that you cannot say it, and accept that they (and Fat Joe) CAN say it. and speak no more about it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deep lob over the middle ..3 times a game..

So he can get that Tim Dwight.. Ed Mcaffery Austin Colley treatment
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing
    Let somebody light him up coming across the middle and hold the flag...let the players police this one
  • Matt-
    Options
    Nothing
    The Eagles fined wide receiver Riley Cooper on Wednesday after video surfaced of him using a racial slur at a concert and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday that the league will not be taking any supplementary disciplinary action against the wideout.

During an appearance with Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic on ESPN Radio, Goodell said that Cooper’s words were offensive and unacceptable and that he was glad that the Eagles disciplined Cooper with both a fine and “training” designed to address the situation. He also explained why the league would not be adding any further punishment to the plate.

“We do not penalize at the club level and league level for same incident,” Goodell said. “We will not be taking action separately from the club.”

Goodell was also asked about the league’s feeling that Cooper’s words were wrong and offensive when they have had no objection to the continued use of Redskins as the nickname for Washington’s team.

“I don’t see a comparison,” Goodell said. “That’s a name that has always represented pride, heritage, tradition; the things that, I think, have made Redskins fans so proud of that name. And they have always presented the Redskins in a positive light. We have to continue to be open and continue to listen, but we also want to make sure we’re doing what’s right to encourage that heritage and that pride we have in the Redskins name.”

There’s a lot of hair splitting going on in that answer, something Goodell and others in the NFL have gotten a lot of practice with in recent years when it comes to questions about the use of a name that some people find as offensive as the word Cooper used before being fined by the Eagles.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/nfl-wont-take-action-against-riley-cooper/
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing
    1k??? roy hibbert said no ? and he got slapped with a 75k fine, smh. I can't believe all these ? are accepting his apology. ? that. Stephen A Smith has turned in supreme ? and Vick is trying to gain back some admiration from the white folks he ? off regarding the mutt killings. Guess what Vick? THEY STILL HATE YO ? . Today's black athlete are ? .

The NBA pays a lot more than the NFL. Plus he was on tv. The fine could have been more but him losing money wont make me feel better.
    I don't want anyone coming in and protecting anyone. I want him to take his licks