Should we be looking for alien life?

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in The Social Lounge
NASA been trying to get the paper up to visit Mars. They want to see if there is liquid water there because it may be a sign of life.

But should we be looking for aliens? Some people think aliens would be superior creatures or beasts. At the end of day should we even be Trying to find them?

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • jono
    Options
    Crackers love to put their head in the lion's mouth. That ? could be catastrophic if aliens existed.

Mars atmosphere is crazy as hell too. It's cold as ? , anything that can live there is beyond any creature we have here and people want to rattle the cage?
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We should be watching out for them.

No telling what could be out there.

What if there was some parasitic cloud of creatures that drifted through space waiting to run into a planet like this?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    How high are you for this thread
  • jono
    Options

I'm not high. I don't even get high, i just think that people should be engaged with the potential risks associated with discovery like this.

There are conspiracy theorists who believe aliens do exist and that the Govt keeps it a secret. I think you'd have to be high to believe that.
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actively search nit right now, put more money towards nasa and other space programs hell yess
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    any intelligent aliens out there probably kicking back wondering the same ? if there are other life forms out there, if there was a superior alien species in space they would've been came here and ? up us or made friends with us

i doubt the aliens would really give a ? if humans get shook knowing aliens exist or that they would only work with the government to keep the existence of aliens a secret
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    jono wrote: »

I'm not high. I don't even get high, i just think that people should be engaged with the potential risks associated with discovery like this.

There are conspiracy theorists who believe aliens do exist and that the Govt keeps it a secret. I think you'd have to be high to believe that.

Some are plausable enough to actually believe. Like Eisenhower and his cabinet made a treaty with two separate alien species involving trading humans for experiments for alien technology. Project blue book exists. Or ancient sumer, the first modern civilization, was created by an alien race and they gave us fire, the wheel, and instructions on how to live in a society. What if ? and Jesus were aliens and their "miracles" were actually advanced technology misunderstood 2,000 years ago. What if the old testament ? was actually satan?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We should be developing weapons for that day when they find us
  • jono
    Options

Some are plausable enough to actually believe. Like Eisenhower and his cabinet made a treaty with two separate alien species involving trading humans for experiments for alien technology. Project blue book exists. Or ancient sumer, the first modern civilization, was created by an alien race and they gave us fire, the wheel, and instructions on how to live in a society. What if ? and Jesus were aliens and their "miracles" were actually advanced technology misunderstood 2,000 years ago. What if the old testament ? was actually satan?

That would be some ill ? bruh.
  • LUClEN
    Options

I take it you didn't watch Prometheus
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

I thought you was Hispanic not white? Lol

Find another planet with life to ruin it? Good idea.

I wouldn't give a ? if aliens attempted to remove earth from the universe, this planet needs a reset button its gone to ? .

But to be honest.... They need to explore this planets oceans before they go ruining other planets only 5% or so of this planets oceans have even been explored.... You wanna find some type of alien you gunna find it in the deep sea (well animals that would resemble our depiction of aliens).
  • jono
    Options

Never heard of it
  • LUClEN
    Options

I wouldn't give a ? if aliens attempted to remove earth from the universe, this planet needs a reset button its gone to ? ..

Coward. Quitting before the fight even begin. What's the earthling equivalent to a ? ? That's what that ? sound like tbh.

Also since when are Hispanic and white mutually exclusive?

Never heard of it

Spoiler of the movie: Humans were created by aliens. The aliens try to ? their creation afterwards.

Why would some supreme being wanna keep us around? We suck.
  • englishdude
    Options

I wouldn't give a ? if aliens attempted to remove earth from the universe, this planet needs a reset button its gone to ? ..

Coward. Quitting before the fight even begin. What's the earthling equivalent to a ? ? That's what that ? sound like tbh.

Also since when are Hispanic and white mutually exclusive?

Never heard of it

Spoiler of the movie: Humans were created by aliens. The aliens try to ? their creation afterwards.

Why would some supreme being wanna keep us around? We suck.

I'm saying you have the mind frame of the average power hungry white... ? any and everything.

Which is the reason I don't give a ? if this planet is wiped we already killing every other living being on the planet... No matter how integral it is to keeping the planet living.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Space blows my mind man. Hell yeah we should look for other life. Seeing stuff like the hieroglyphs being spaceships and stuff on it has got to mean something. either Science fiction was around back in the day or they seen some ? . Something had to of inspired that.

As far as if there was to be life on mars i dont think it would be too intelligent. chances are we would find life inside the surface of mars i think cuz we got a rover on the ? and no signs of anything.

But totally agree if there is something out there it cant be too extremely intelligent because it hasnt found us yet either. Or it has visited the ancient people and tought us, and now studies us for the last couple thousand years. Whoa man.
  • jono
    Options

I thought you was Hispanic not white? Lol

Find another planet with life to ruin it? Good idea.

I wouldn't give a ? if aliens attempted to remove earth from the universe, this planet needs a reset button its gone to ? .

But to be honest.... They need to explore this planets oceans before they go ruining other planets only 5% or so of this planets oceans have even been explored.... You wanna find some type of alien you gunna find it in the deep sea (well animals that would resemble our depiction of aliens).

I also have some reservations about bringing back water or any other chemical/material from Mars too.

Earth is the GOAT. How can you hate oceans and trees? The human race has gone to ? though.

All we do is fight amongst each other.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Word. Let's not develop weapons for defense and all work in sweat shops for some martians.

Good idea. Let's also justify that idea with straw man arguments.

Smashing idea ol' chap.

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? Sapiens is a very interesting specie....
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? would be hilarious if white people discovered aliens, they were all black, and decided to take over earth and enslave all white people.

• LUClEN
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The ? Sapiens is a very interesting specie....

always found most other animals less entertaining
  • englishdude
    Options
    Word. Let's not develop weapons for defense and all work in sweat shops for some martians.

Good idea. Let's also justify that idea with straw man arguments.

Smashing idea ol' chap.

Typical lack of intelligent post.... You dot even know if anything is out there.. Yet if it is you already label it a threat? Lol I thought you were one of the intelligent posters on the boards smh.
  • englishdude
    Options