Too Real/Too Far:Charlie Rangel:TeaParty Is ‘Same Group’ Of ‘White Crackers’ Who Fought Civil Rights

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in The Social Lounge
livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/charlie-rangel-tea-party-is-same-group-of?ref=fpb

In an interview with the Daily Beast published Friday, Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) suggested Tea Partiers are the "same group" who fought for segregation during the Civil Rights movement.

“It is the same group we faced in the South with those white crackers and the dogs and the police. They didn’t care about how they looked," Rangel said.

Because of this, Rangel said the Tea Party could be defeated using the same tactics employed against Jim Crow.

"It was just fierce indifference to human life that caused America to say enough is enough. ‘I don’t want to see it and I am not a part of it.’ What the hell! If you have to bomb little kids and send dogs out against human beings, give me a break,” said Rangel.

That ? is too real...

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn he 83 years old and he ran out of ? to give like 30 years ago
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    Ever hear Charlie Rangel speak...dude is the darkest jew ive ever seen
    Sammy Davis jr got him beat by 4 shades
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoa. Too real for me to disagree
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? civil rights. Recognize my inalienable human rights.

Human beings should not be incorporated as artificial persons and granted privileges or civil rights. They are natural persons and their inalienable human rights should be recognized, period.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    even if every guy in the Tea Party is racist as hell (this is probably not accurate), i would think we could see a difference between the Tea Party and guys ATTACKING BLACK PEOPLE WITH DOGS. come on, Rangel.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    even if every guy in the Tea Party is racist as hell (this is probably not accurate), i would think we could see a difference between the Tea Party and guys ATTACKING BLACK PEOPLE WITH DOGS. come on, Rangel.

For now..
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could see it, I am a civil rights advocate, we need to learn and grow from these atrocities and not allow the past to repeat itself. The past is not to be forgotten, but as a species we have to remember to move forward and help your fellow man up. ? with the race ? I am a species not a race, if I dislike you; you suck as a person on a whole.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slickone wrote: »
    ? Wight wrote: »
    I could see it, I am a civil rights advocate, we need to learn and grow from these atrocities and not allow the past to repeat itself. The past is not to be forgotten, but as a species we have to remember to move forward and help your fellow man up. ? with the race ? I am a species not a race, if I dislike you; you suck as a person on a whole.

I can/& DO get along with the majority of black people I encounter - that doesn't mean I HAVE TO LIKE YOU.

IT CERTAINLY DOES NOT, take it on and individual basis as I do, I do not mention all my thoughts or experiences on a matter to keep dialog open.

Good point.
  • janklow
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    janklow wrote: »
    For now..
    really, though, Rangel can't rip the Tea Party WITHOUT trying to insist every thing he's outraged about is on the same level? if nothing else, it just makes the argument look weak.

• Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where are all the righteous black people & if the President were white, would he speak out about this horrible beat down....I really dislike the hypocrisy of to many black people....I refuse to accept the denial by so many African Americans that they don't live by another set of rules.....BS!!!

I saw that on before and didn't know he was white. It is already on the major news networks. They did already make the necessary arrest. They even looked into doing something to the driver. This didn't need race hustlers because there is a white victim. Don't act as if they were jumping another black boy the media would care. People are being murdered in more than Chicago but one really cares.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say What wrote: »
    Don't act as if they were jumping another black boy the media would care.

Yes, they would, it generates press.
    People are being murdered in more than Chicago but one really cares.

Why should they? ? don't even care.
  • Say What
    Options
    Where are all the righteous black people & if the President were white, would he speak out about this horrible beat down....I really dislike the hypocrisy of to many black people....I refuse to accept the denial by so many African Americans that they don't live by another set of rules.....BS!!!

I saw that on before and didn't know he was white. It is already on the major news networks. They did already make the necessary arrest. They even looked into doing something to the driver. This didn't need race hustlers because there is a white victim. Don't act as if they were jumping another black boy the media would care. People are being murdered in more than Chicago but one really cares.

It's the blatant hypocrisy that makes me wonder about the true nature of black people - also the POTUS et al making comments about race on a selective basis - if the victim is black he will chime in and ignore issues like this one....I'm confused. You know damn well had this incident been the reverse it would be a breaking news story & most within this site would be calling for the killing of those white boys entire family - now tell me about who's the obvious hypocrite...?

Some just want something to argue about. Very True. Im not sure what makes these stories pop. I only pay attention when I can see a injustice. Many of these dudes trollin. I look at republican sites and see the reverse.

@Maximus Rex Of course ? don't care they doing the killing. A respectful black man like myself hate to be grouped into that. There are plenty of families stuck in these war zones and their glimmer of hope to get out are set back and eliminated burring young people.
  • Say What
    Options
    The Pres been speaking on the violence in the communities but it is something people have to do locally. I think its similar with all races. Whiles ? them selves 85% and Black is 90+%. It is just proximity murder. Thats the person you interact with even if you don't know them.
    Thats how they make their money. They are playing to their constituents. Just like the politicians. I think they are needed at times to get the cameras to that injustice that the media doesn't cover. Like how minority kids don't get the same press when they are missing. When they hop on the wrong side like in the lacrosse case it cheapens it. Kinda like lawyers win/loss record.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Charlie rangel, he needs to retire.
  • janklow
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    ? Charlie rangel, he needs to retire.
    well, this is actually true regardless of his comments being discussed in this thread