Rank It: Rob Van Dam's run in TNA

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
3009496.jpg

One of the best and most exciting performers in the game made a trek down to Orlando for a few years after leaving the WWE.

The run in TNA is wildly disliked by alot of people (myself included) but he did enjoy a measure of success. He won the TNA World Chanpionship and the X-Division Championship.

11.jpg

Alot of the complaints in this instance aren't directed at the booking but the motivation (or lack thereof) by the usually crisp RVD. Showing up visibly unmotivated, coasting through matches and even getting out of shape.

I give it a 1.5/5

As a fan of RVD I think he did himself and TNA a disservice. They expected way more than they got and hes got way more than he gave.

Comments

• Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it wuz like wat i saw on the sidewalk!
    funky ass dog ? !
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he looked like he had a beer belly and didnt care, this is one of my favorite wrestlers, but i cant think of anything memorable besides him trying and missing a 450 splash
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RVD's run in TNA reminds me of why guaranteed contracts can be a bad thing.

Idk if RVD had one in TNA but he damn sure performed like it
  • jono
    Options
    he looked like he had a beer belly and didnt care, this is one of my favorite wrestlers, but i cant think of anything memorable besides him trying and missing a 450 splash

It was incredibly forgettable. I don't even remember who he took the title from or who he lost it to. Dude just coasted and didnt seem to be excited about anything TNA related.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rank it the same way I rank all of his Post ECW runs: Hype Train. And I'll say that confidently without ever seeing a match. He had years in WWE to overcome the spot monkey stigma and develop in-ring psychology again. Instead it was the same awkward offense to 5-Star Frog Splash/Damminator/Van Terminator routine win, lose, or draw.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ROB VAN DAM!!!

THIS DUDE'S ? SLOW!!!

worst wrestling theme song since American Males.
  • Broddie
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Rank it the same way I rank all of his Post ECW runs: Hype Train. And I'll say that confidently without ever seeing a match. He had years in WWE to overcome the spot monkey stigma and develop in-ring psychology again. Instead it was the same awkward offense to 5-Star Frog Splash/Damminator/Van Terminator routine win, lose, or draw.

Recently he started talking sideways about TNA wrestlers. Than when the IWC called him out on his own incompetence while over there he backtracked and played the "I'm speaking from a wrestler's perspective" card. I think his style since it lacks psychology couldn't mesh will with the TNA style cause they deal alot with psychology and in ring storytelling. The matches are a bit complex and much faster paced.

There were dudes over there doing the RVD ? better than RVD himself and he couldn't keep up he became robotic and stuck on the same spots. He's back where he belongs that works perfectly in the WWE environment. But with TNA having so many high jumpers and better spot monkeys like Hardy & Aries it just makes him look outdated.

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thought this was a new thread at first

i still cant remember ? but that 450
  • jono
    Options
    I was thinking about new ones but i decided to bump these first. Lets see if we can get some fresh or changed opinions.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RVD's TNA run was a ? going to work to have extra weed money & that ? showed big time
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    RVD's TNA run was a ? going to work to have extra weed money & that ? showed big time

Bingo
  • Broddie
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »

For real.

It was atrocious.