'Fast and Furious 7' Adding UFC Champion Ronda Rousey

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

_Fast_and_Furious_7__Adding-3c77cce6f00babec7895ef32773eb56b
UFC champion Ronda Rousey is in negotiations to join the cast of "Fast & Furious 7," Universal Pictures has confirmed to TheWrap.
Rousey, who will soon begin filming "The Expendables 3," is nearing a deal for a minor supporting role that will showcase her fighting skills. Should the deal close, Rousey would represent the first new addition to the blockbuster franchise.
James Wan is directing "Fast & Furious 7," which will star Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson, as well as plenty of other familiar faces who will return for the latest sequel.
Neal Moritz is producing through his Original Film banner. Chris Morgan wrote the script. Production is scheduled to start this fall in Atlanta, though "Fast & Furious 7" will be set in Los Angeles, where the first movie took place.
Justin Lin's "Fast & Furious 6" grossed more than $740 million worldwide, making another installment in the series a top priority for Universal.
Rousey is the latest UFC fighter to make the jump to the bigscreen, following in Gina Carano's trailblazing footsteps. Carano's performance in Steven Soderbergh's "Haywire" led to her casting in "Fast & Furious 6."
Rousey plans to stay in fighting shape while shooting "Expendables 3" and "Fast & Furious 7" back-to-back before her Dec. 28 UFC championship rematch with Mischa Tate. She's repped by WME.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fast-furious-7-adding-ufc-champion-ronda-rousey-221216936.html

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehh, Gina wasn't even that great in FF6. is UFC fighters becoming actors/actresses the new thing?
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehh, Gina wasn't even that great in FF6. is UFC fighters becoming actors/actresses the new thing?

Rampage, Randy Couture, and Gina(Strikeforce) are the only three-- I believe-- who've had the opportunity to play in "big" movies
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

I know right? she got beat up by Letty who wasn't even a trained fighter.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These movies are like the SAW series.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol not what I meant, I meant her acting chops. which is kinda funny considering this is Fast and Furious we're talking about. Maybe it's just cause I feel like her character was dead weight, besides the whole double agent part. I felt the blonde chick was better as the rock's partner in Fast 5 than Gina was.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol hell naw. Letty got that ass beat all up and down that movie.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh this should be a quality film.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    welp RIP to her career. you seen what happened when gina carano & rampage started getting in movies.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For as loquacious and charismatic as Rampage seems he really is a dogshit actor.

Gina is ok but she's really just pretty.

Rhonda really looks like a dude when she aint all dolled up. She will probably be an awful actress.
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

letty won that little subway station brawl. if your going to put a world class fighter in then the least you could do is have them win fights.

lol not what I meant, I meant her acting chops. which is kinda funny considering this is Fast and Furious we're talking about. Maybe it's just cause I feel like her character was dead weight, besides the whole double agent part. I felt the blonde chick was better as the rock's partner in Fast 5 than Gina was.

yea i know. i was just looking for a opportunity to bring this up.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jason Statham gonna murder all the main characters. That's how the franchise will be wrapped up.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

letty won that little subway station brawl. if your going to put a world class fighter in then the least you could do is have them win fights.

yea i know. i was just looking for a opportunity to bring this up.

lol no she didnt, what ? movie was u watching? letty got her ass tossed around and then put in a submission hold from what I remember.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    this series started out as a movie about people racing cars and slowly they became super heroes

they gonna end up with hulk in the movie in a couple of years

The-Rock-Flexing.jpg

he's been in there since the 5th installment

lol
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo the villain in fast 6 had a dope ass go kart thing that was flipping those cop cars over
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Michael Jai White would be a cool addition to this movie also.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »
    _Fast_and_Furious_7__Adding-3c77cce6f00babec7895ef32773eb56b

I'd smeng. Lord help me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lemme guess she gonna be bad.