Wii U Owners (Nintendo heads) ....... talk to me

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thinking about ordering a Wii U in the next couple of days.

Is this the right time or should I wait?

What are the must have games? (Skipped the last couple gens of Nintendo consoles so looking something to pick up and play, no continuity necessary).

Let me know what games are out and worth the purchase (exclusives)

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's the right time because there's alot of games about to drop but as far as exclusives you could go out and get today I wouldn't say there's a must buy.
  • CJ
    Options
    Another thing, the pro controller is great but its not a must buy. You'll be surprised at how light weight and comfortable the game pad is.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I'd wait till Christmas/boxing day but aye man do what you wanna do.

Was going to say the same. There will be a much better amount and variety of exclusive software by then. Things have just started to pick up on that front last month and will continue all the way into december. Plus there will probably be better bundles available by the 4th quarter too.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait till the beginning of next year maybe you can find a used one around that time. why pay nearly 300 for a system that has the same graphical engine as a ps3 or xbox360. especially when the next gen systems are on their way. I preordered a ps3 gta v console bundle. maybe I should have waited but I couldn't I mentioned it because I heard gta v is coming to the wii u around December of this year.
  • Broddie
    Options
    why pay nearly 300 for a system that has the same graphical engine as a ps3 or xbox360.

To play video games?

and LMAO @ GTA V coming to the Wii U. I swear the naivete of some of you cats just slays me.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Thinking about ordering a Wii U in the next couple of days.

Is this the right time or should I wait?

Getting it now or later really doesn't make much difference IMO if you know its something you want regardless. You looking at maybe missing out on a $50 price drop at most sometime around October-November.
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    What are the must have games? (Skipped the last couple gens of Nintendo consoles so looking something to pick up and play, no continuity necessary). Let me know what games are out and worth the purchase (exclusives)

Pikmin 3 is straight up ? .
    New Super Mario Bros U is the best 2D Mario game since Super Mario World, easily.

But that's really it right now. Nintendo Land is good, clean fun with multiple people, but I can't remember if you fall into the "I don't know real life gamers/people" or the "No girl gamers allowed, boys only" camp in The Arcade.

Since you skipped the Wii, if you never got around to playing Super Mario Galaxy, its a must buy.

But yea, like a couple others have said, business is about to pick up.

• Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Lego City Undercover is so underrated it's not even funny. I finally played some Wii U games recently and that game is fun as hell.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Since you skipped the Wii, if you never got around to playing Super Mario Galaxy, its a must buy.

Yeah both of them. Twilight Princess and especially Skyward Sword too.

• blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I copped it yesterday.

The Wonderful 101 looks ? bananas, and I gotta have it.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So this is the list of exclusives released so far

Zombi U
    Pikmin 3
    Rabbids Land
    Game & Wario
    Nintendo Land
    Nano Assault Neo (eShop)
    Lego City Undercover
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

With

The Wonderful 101
    Wii Party U
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    Wii Fit U
    Super Mario 3D World

coming out later in the year in the order I listed.

Did I miss anything?

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Zombi U
    Pikmin 3
    Rabbids Land
    Game & Wario
    Nintendo Land
    Nano Assault Neo (eShop)
    Lego City Undercover
    New Super Mario Bros. U

With

The Wonderful 101
    Wii Party U
    Wii Fit U
    Super Mario 3D World

Did I miss anything?

Sonic.
  • Broddie
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

Zombi U
    Pikmin 3
    Rabbids Land
    Game & Wario
    Nintendo Land
    Nano Assault Neo (eShop)
    Lego City Undercover
    New Super Mario Bros. U

With

The Wonderful 101
    Wii Party U
    Wii Fit U
    Super Mario 3D World

Did I miss anything?

Sonic.

SMH @ myself

Don't know how I forgot that one. It's been on my radar since it was announced.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would wait to the obvious price drop or buy it used like some one mentioned. None of the games out are interesting besides the games that are also on the PS3/360. There is no new Zelda, Metroid or 3D Mario anywhere in sight. Honestly, unless you are a huge Nintendo fan there is no reason to buy this console at the moment, but if you were you would already have it. I personally don't see how the Wonderful 101 can appeal to anyone over the age of 12 lol.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @Broddie I heard that rumor in the gta v thread maybe they were being sarcastic. it could happen though they had Chinatown wars for the ds and scarface for the wii
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @Broddie I heard that rumor in the gta v thread maybe they were being sarcastic. it could happen though they had Chinatown wars for the ds and scarface for the wii

Bully was on the Wii too but Rockstar has only been working on GTA V for 360 and PS3. Not only that but third parties in general are taking a wait and see approach with the Wii U. They're waiting to see if sales increase now that Nintendo is releasing software on a more frequent basis and has AAA titles lined up for 4th quarter 2013 and 1st and 2nd quarter 2014.

So even factoring that and assuming traction does pick up for the platform sales wise the probability of a GTA V port being released for it is still a long ways off. It's a very expensive game to produce and they have guaranteed ROI for the 2 platforms they're releasing it for. The same can't be said for the Wii U.

• Broddie
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there's a must buy.

Right now I count 5 that I would consider must buy (Nano Assault Neo, Lego City Undercover, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U and Pikmin 3). At the same time my taste in video games is a bit more varied and more eclectic than the average poster in this subforum (for example I can't stand FPS games for the most part). So I suppose it's a testament to how different peoples tastes in video games are.

With that said I won't cop till 4th quarter cause I also want Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D Land, Sonic: Lost World, The Wonderful 101 and the new DKC as well so I'd rather wait for those to drop too. That way some of the software I want right now will have a price drop and the console will likely have a price drop too.
    CJ wrote: »
    You'll be surprised at how light weight and comfortable the game pad is.

Yeah this is true. I don't know how Nintendo does it but they manage to make the most unconventionally designed controllers feel great.

• CJ
    Options
    I got one but only game worth a cop is Mario U & I wouldn't say that's a must buy game it's good tho
  • CJ
    Options
    Yeah forgot pikman just dropped
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real ? , other than GTA, 2K14 and madden for obvious reasons, im playing everything else on my radar on my wii u.

splinter cell, watch dogs, hell to be honest i liked playing COD on the wii u more than 360.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i didnt know there was wii u owners in this forum haha. I def wanna get a Wii u for that new Super Smash bros and Zelda.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Of course Mario is a must, this is the type of game that I'm looking for. Getting the 32Gb bundle that come with it and couple other things. Just wondering if I should wait for a few more to drop before buying in case better deals come with new games around Christmas.

And no, I don't buy used systems
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait til Mario comes out and they bundle it or for a bundle you like.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I'd wait till Christmas/boxing day but aye man do what you wanna do.
    Smart man, I'm doing the same. I'm getting my ? next year when they start actually releasing games that use the wii U's power. The ? they put out was just fillers. I told y'all they was waiting for the other systems to drop before they started releasing real ? . Them ? was full of ? talking bout "we aren't worried about them". That E3 had to be their weakest ever. They been in this ? waaaaay to long to be talking like that.

People jumping on Xbox1 and ps4 better expect to wait a whole year for some real ? too. All those games you saw are still in development .Y'all aint gone see half of them till the end of 2014 - mid 2015. They gone come out with better/cheaper/bug-less systems too by that time smh.

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned X.... I might skip getting a Xbox one and just go ps4 wii U

http://youtu.be/x0u3Mi1fQWY
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Looks like Final Fantasy meets Pacific Rim ..... good though. Probably get it depending on reviews.

Still, what I want is the "traditional" Nintendo games ..... Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid ...