Low Winter Sun (AMC)

Options
S.jR.
S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• S.jR.
    Options
    I was gonna watch this just off the strength of seeing two of my favorite actors Mark Strong and Lennie James in it.

But it also follows Breaking Bad as the best lead in possible to garner interest.

That sneak peek only helps.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks good. Mark Strong is one of the best actors around today.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    AMC must think pretty highly of this series to sandwich it between Breaking and Talkin Bad.

I'll give it a watch...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ah ? they got my ? archie from rocknrolla in there.

but honestly i'm not tryna start any new shows right now. i hope it's good tho...i'll check for it probly after breaking bad ends
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gonna check it out since its in Detroit
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll ? two birds with one stone...But the shows they try to get to trail their biggest ones never be great like that...Word to the ? about the cops...
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Breaking Bad, The Newsroom, and now this, damn.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see they casted ziggy as a level headed character
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that blonde bish the chick that was Opie's wife in SOA?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Good pilot. I'll stick with it. Could be another Shield. Fun fact: Ernest Dickerson (Juice, The Wire) directed this episode. He seems to be doing a lot of work for AMC lately.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    edited August 2013
    Options
    very good pilot imo. I ? with this. better than I expected. all them cops hella ? . who gone be the 1st to turn. and none of them trust each other. then u got them street dealers lookin for the dead cop too. good to see my my ? Ziggy Sobatka lol. body in the trunk was a nice monkey wrench thrown in.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    All that plotting to get it right and they didn't check the trunk. Tragic.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blows my mind all these english actors nailing an american accent so well.
  • marc123
    edited August 2013
    Options
    jus finished episode 2. this ? got hella potential. I ? wit it. lol @ everyone bein ? .
  • Broddie
    Options
    ? is starting to get real pretty fast. I definitely see the muslim chick taking down Frank when it's all said and done.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Blows my mind all these english actors nailing an american accent so well.

The dude who plays Joe Geddes keeps amazing the ? out of me.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I like the boxing angle. Adds to the grittiness.
  • marc123
    edited August 2013
    Options
    ole boy goin to Canada to take of the white girl.

Ziggy Sobotka is in over his head. I dont see his trap/? house ending well. i wonder what kinda ? he got in his stable. I bet he got some bottom ? . lol @ $25 for head and $75 for a ? . those are ? head prices.

btw, the arab girl can get the D.
  • marc123
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i knew, i knew that spanish cops face from somewhere. he was in Breaking Bad. He was Gus's friend who got killed by the Cartel in the flash back scene.
  • marc123
    Options
    man WTF was up with dude. ? acted like he wanted to kiss ole girl, then when she moved in. ? gone back up and make her feel awkward as ? . she a cute, sexy arab broad. I woulda smashed that in the back seat in the parkin lot. lol.

Ziggy still cant win for ? . ? up how they did ole boy. endin wit jus turnin the head lights off, while parked on quite street was a cool endin. kinda "the wire-esque" imo.

overall tho, Im not all the way sold on this show. the acting and directing a great but. but something jus seems to be missing.
  • marc123
    edited September 2013
    Options
    damn, Im the only one who posts in this thread. yall ? dunn gave up on this show. overall I liked the last episode.

alotta trill ? went down....

white boy tried to ? himself while driving (reminded me of Jimmy from The Wire, when he tried to ? himself). then he said ? that and killed dude who killed his home boy. kingpin dude arranged a sitdown with the blacks and whites (reminded me of the sitdown Gus arranged with dope boys and Jesse) white ? ? broke Franks heart and told him he was jus a "trick" LMAO. Franks soul burned slow. Frank finally smashed the sexy arab broad.

Arab cop putting pieces together that the cops killed ole boy. ? interestin imo
  • Broddie
    Options
    Nah I didn't give up. I watch every episode but this thread isn't stickied and it's never upped on sunday nights which is when I watch it so I forget. Anyway yeah as I predicted foxy cop is gonna be the one to take them all down by the end. I need to track down the british version of this show soon just to see how it contrasts with this one.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I always seem to watch my recorded version of this show later in the week because of Football, Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire. Even then its usually before work so I don't immediately comment in here about it.

Anyway the corruption and lack of ? anyone in power has for the department makes it seem all too easy for them to get away with killing the cop. The arab cop gonna have to put in major work to pin them to the murder.