You're Next

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
Youre-Next-_-Poster.jpg

Releases Aug 23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufUQWpEkbf0

Critics are actually praising this movie. Saying its surprisingly good and shocking. Best horror movie in a long while. It does horror and comedy well.

Anyone gonna peep it?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The previews make it look wack as ? to be honest Sci-fi TV like
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ? looks like a bloodier/more violent "the strangers" i'll pass. if it ends up getting good reception i'll check it out later. as of now it's not getting my money tho.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill wait til it drops on spike or tnt or fx
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what my first impression was. But the reviews are actually really good for it. Rotten Tomatoes has 92% of critics liking this movie. ? is rare.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looks good reminds me of the movie strangers
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima peep it. Maybe not first week. I saw The Purge a few weeks ago at the discount theater for 2 bucks. Might be that kind of situation.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    I think the Strangers was actually darker than this. Good movie, I just didn't like the killers got away scott free. Hate endings like that.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to look what Italy & Japan has done with it's horror genre & take a page out of their books. Cause I know people are getting sick of the whole paranormal activity & the strangers concept!!!
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldberg frowns upon title
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A good horror movie can't "do comedy well". Just saying at that point its not horror its gore. Hopefully it lands on primewire soon. That trailer didn't do ? for me really.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    A good horror movie can't "do comedy well". Just saying at that point its not horror its gore.

Evil Dead II proves otherwise.

Anyway I been hearing about this one for quite a while. Supposedly it has some great twists in the way it flips some genre conventions especially regarding the victims. So I'll keep an eye out for it but I don't think I'll catch it at the flicks though.

• A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    I hate Paranormal Actvity...all of em. After the first one I was like ? that.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    A good horror movie can't "do comedy well". Just saying at that point its not horror its gore.

Anyway I been hearing about this one for quite a while. Supposedly it has some great twists in the way it flips some genre conventions especially regarding the victims. So I'll keep an eye out for it but I don't think I'll catch it at the flicks though.

How was evil dead 2 a comedy in any way?
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options

How was evil dead 2 a comedy in any way?

Are you kidding me? have you ever seen that movie? it's as much a homage to the 3 Stooges and slapstick comedy as it is an homage to horror movies. Case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWY7OYUcB0
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    I was thinking of the new evil dead. I don't give a ? about ? from 20 years ago. The genre has changed.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I was thinking of the new evil dead. I don't give a ? about ? from 20 years ago. The genre has changed.

No it hasn't. There are still horror/comedy movies made today and there will always be horror/comedy movies made even after you die. Either deal with it or just skip them altogether.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't ? with slasher horror movies that much anymore ? bores me and doesn't seem like horror movies to me. At least ones not from my childhood anyways.
  • KingFreeman
    edited August 2013
    Options

No it hasn't. There are still horror/comedy movies made today and there will always be horror/comedy movies made even after you die. Either deal with it or just skip them altogether.

Which movies for example??
  • Broddie
    Options

In recent memory?

Cabin in the Woods, John Dies at the End, Detention, Scream 4, Fright Night, Warm Bodies, Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima gonna see it because I liked the strangers *Shrugs*
  • KingFreeman
    Options

In recent memory?

Cabin in the Woods, John Dies at the End, Detention, Scream 4, Fright Night, Warm Bodies, Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil.

I can cosign cabin in the woods. I've never seen any of the rest. You fronting on warm bodies. You know full well that is a romance comedy. Which is why I never watched the ? . I'm talking straight horror movies that are also comedies. Not comedies with horror as a back drop. Don't front.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options

In recent memory?

I can cosign cabin in the woods. I've never seen any of the rest. You fronting on warm bodies. You know full well that is a romance comedy. Which is why I never watched the ? . I'm talking straight horror movies that are also comedies. Not comedies with horror as a back drop. Don't front.

Semantics ? . Look up any list of horror comedy movies from anywhere including any horror movie specific websites and all those movies will pop up. Just because a zombie movie (horror subgenre) also used romance and comedy as a backdrop doesn't make it any less of a zombie movie.

An American Werewolf in London has romance and comedy as a backdrop too, doesn't make it any less a werewolf (monster) movie though. That's the thing about the horror genre. There is no such thing as "straight horror". People ignorant about the genre want to pigeon hole it but realistically it can't be done because it is very varied and has a ? load of other subgenres including horror/comedy, psychological horror, slashers, monster movies etc. within it.

• KingFreeman
    Options
    OK so Warm Bodies is a horror movie?