Options
    how was your periods today,guys?
    guys....
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    zellie ‏@zellieimani 2h
    #BlackPowerisForBlackMen because black on black violence never includes sexual violence against women.
    Retweeted 119 times
    Expand

Elle ‏@elledub_1920 1h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen because every one cares abt violence against black men but when it's time to talk abt black women folks are silent

siditty ‏@siditty 2h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen because when black women are successful, they are expected to settle; when black men are, they are to be selective.

This..

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zellie ‏@zellieimani 2h
    #BlackPowerisForBlackMen because black on black violence never includes sexual violence against women.
    Retweeted 119 times
    Expand

Elle ‏@elledub_1920 1h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen because every one cares abt violence against black men but when it's time to talk abt black women folks are silent

siditty ‏@siditty 2h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen because when black women are successful, they are expected to settle; when black men are, they are to be selective.

This..

Those quotes sound dumb as ? . I am interested in seeing the facts those statements are based upon though.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    You still a ? though. So while you bash black men in favor of women. When ? gets real those white, Asian Hispanic etc women will throw you under a bus. Black men have their flaws but for the most part we got your back far more than you think.
  • sweetheart93
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Those quotes sound dumb as ? . I am interested in seeing the facts those statements are based upon though.

The point of the hashtag is to point out the stuff that gets ignored, if something is getting ignored how exactly am I going to provide facts?

It's obviously something that a lot of bw experience so why say it sounds dumb because you don't like what they're saying?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But if you're genuine about making the change, then maybe you should be amplifying the positive about black men instead of the negative.

Black power isn't for black men only. But go ahead and keep saying that dumb ? . Thank ? I got a good sistah who understands this. Alot of you women need your daddies and some help. Misplacing own personal dissatisfaction with that of mistreatment of black women.

• Dr.Chemix
    edited August 2013
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »

The point of the hashtag is to point out the stuff that gets ignored, if something is getting ignored how exactly am I going to provide facts?

It's obviously something that a lot of bw experience so why say it sounds dumb because you don't like what they're saying?

What gets ignored, really? But I bet if your white husband is having a "bad day" and call you "? ? " you will over look that as him just having a bad day.

But let a black man call you ? ...it's a different story.

Smh. Confused minds out here man.
  • sweetheart93
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    What gets ignored, really? But I bet if your white husband is having a "bad day" and call you "? ? " you will over look that as him just having a bad day.

I think you're more-so hoping that happens. Why though? Why does me being married to a white man bother you so much?
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the next move if your wife/husband does call you a racial slur?

• Dr.Chemix
    Options

I think you're more-so hoping that happens. Why though? Why does me being married to a white man bother you so much?

Stop trying to divert. If he called you a ? ? , you would excuse him. If a black man called you a ? , you would go on your feminist rant and respond with hostility. And no ma, you being married to a white man doesn't bother me. In fact, I say good riddance. I'm all for interracial marriages but at the same time, no one understands me like my own kind or those who face the same trials and tribulations as my people.

The white man will never understand that and because of that, he will then force you think differently. But you don't see it. You're protected by the white man's seal of approval. But if you wrong him? You're a ? ? ? that wasn't ? to begin with.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a select tweets:

@vohandas: #blackpowerisforblackmen because black women stating the inequality they face compared to black men is seen as bitterness

Camara Mpinduzi ‏@Pundit_AcadEMIC 25m
    #blackpowerisforblackmen When the oppression of Black women requires proof but the struggle of the Black man is universal & implied

zellie ‏@zellieimani 2h
    Retweeted 119 times
    Expand

#BlackPowerisforBlackMen When the entire Black community STANDS UP for Trayvon but helps socially lynch Rachel Jeantel

KOLA BOOF (Official) ‏@KolaBoof 1h
    #BlackPowerIsForBlackMen *Because you demonize Black Feminists as traitors to the community then turn around & marry a White Feminist

Reagan Gomez ‏@ReaganGomez 1h
    Now #blackpowerisforblackmen is trending. Many will get defensive & spew sexist trash, like racists did yesterday. Listen. LISTEN.

Grace ‏@graceishuman 1h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen when Black men defend white women against Black women calling out their racism.

Brokey McPoverty ‏@brokeymcpoverty 1h
    #BlackPowerIsForBlackMen because when i explain not wanting to be bothered on the street, im accused of misandry/conceit/rudeness

Fidelista ‏@kim_tastiic 1h
    #BlackPowerisForBlackMen when Harlem shake is cultural appropriation of black (male) culture but Miley Cyrus twerking is "just havin fun"

Elle ‏@elledub_1920 1h

Ashleigh Not Ashley ‏@notashley 2h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen when you can call out racism in the feminist movement but gloss over sexism in the black liberation movement.

Bougie Black Girl ‏@BougieBlackGurl 2h
    I am not Trayvon Martin: The Black Media Ignores Black Female Victims http://wp.me/p31R1Z-u1 #blackpowerisforblackmen

siditty ‏@siditty 2h

Jamilah Lemieux ‏@JamilahLemieux 2h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen because Lauryn Hill is a crazy person and R.Kelly is someone we should forgive and support.

nealcarter ‏@nealcarter 2h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen because Creflo Dollar is still a reverend

LXX Luthor ‏@RtRDH 2h
    Tim Wise is to antiracism what Hugo Schwyzer is to feminism. #yourewelcome #blackpowerisforblackmen

Pippi Longstroke ‏@PurpleLikeRawr 2h
    When BM cry foul about respectability politics for BM then turn around and police BW's class/language/sexuality #blackpowerisforblackmen

Jamilah Lemieux ‏@JamilahLemieux 2h
    #blackpowerisforblackmen because saving the race is critical, but talking about gender-based oppression is jokes. "Fk that feminism, ma"

JamericanQueen ‏@JQAbroad 2h
    Kim Kardashian is wifey material but Karrine Steffans is not. #blackpowerisforblackmen

How does the IC feel about this

Underlined have good points.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    JamericanQueen ‏@JQAbroad 2h
    Kim Kardashian is wifey material but Karrine Steffans is not. #blackpowerisforblackmen

According to...? Both of them are not LTR material.
  • sweetheart93
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »

I would leave obviously. Typically when a white person uses racial slurs it's not in the heat of the moment type thing, it's typically a deep rooted hatred/disliking for whatever group they're insulting. I'm not interested in being married to someone that hates me.

Stop trying to divert. If he called you a ? ? , you would excuse him. If a black man called you a ? , you would go on your feminist rant and respond with hostility. And no ma, you being married to a white man doesn't bother me. In fact, I say good riddance. I'm all for interracial marriages but at the same time, no one understands me like my own kind or those who face the same trials and tribulations as my people.

The white man will never understand that and because of that, he will then force you think differently. But you don't see it. You're protected by the white man's seal of approval. But if you wrong him? You're a ? ? ? that wasn't ? to begin with.

All assumptions based off of the nothing you know about me or my husband. That's why I said you're hoping that happens. Why? I don't know. and if my relationship doesn't bother you, why are you bringing it up? Why do you act like I'm such a terrible person that treats black men like ? but worships white men....just because I'm married to a white man? Have you ever seen any post of mine suggesting that? You're basically trying to judge the type of person I am solely based on the fact that my husband's skin is white.

and to answer your question No I wouldn't excuse him, I would actually be more inclined to excuse the black man because I'm not married to him so he doesn't have to be respectful towards me but my husband does.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trend is based on pure emotion no logic. Patrice spit that truth when he said females make a movie in their head starring them, costarring them as you, directed by them and will flip the script in every way possible so that a ? is the villain.

Now ? can respond back with just as much anger and other emotion, but the most efficient way to shut this ? down is a spock like logically driven dissection of this garbage.

I have had like eleventy different discussions with black feminists they start running like roaches when I'm break out the logic and shine light on that ass.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »

I would leave obviously. Typically when a white person uses racial slurs it's not in the heat of the moment type thing, it's typically a deep rooted hatred/disliking for whatever group they're insulting. I'm not interested in being married to someone that hates me.

All assumptions based off of the nothing you know about me or my husband. That's why I said you're hoping that happens. Why? I don't know. and if my relationship doesn't bother you, why are you bringing it up? Why do you act like I'm such a terrible person that treats black men like ? but worships white men....just because I'm married to a white man? Have you ever seen any post of mine suggesting that? You're basically trying to judge the type of person I am solely based on the fact that my husband's skin is white.

and to answer your question No I wouldn't excuse him, I would actually be more inclined to excuse the black man because I'm not married to him so he doesn't have to be respectful towards me but my husband does.

Ma, you won't ever get it. You won't ever understand it. No matter how bad it gets with my sistahs as far as understanding and communication, I won't say some dumb ? like "I never found a black woman that I like". That's just stupid. It doesn't take a PhD to know that you could have found someone that you liked in a black male. Us good men are out there, but like white men and other stupid ass black folks, you lumped all in a category. How ironic? But you found a white man that you liked real quick huh?

And yes, there is various ways a person exposes their character. It takes some keen sense and some people studying to recognize it. And you are very easy to read ma.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya know, I think this is just a bunch of noise over nothing. I don't see much oppression women these days.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zellie ‏@zellieimani 2h
    Retweeted 119 times
    Expand

Elle ‏@elledub_1920 1h

siditty ‏@siditty 2h

This..

What the ? ?? can you not understand that black men are no longer your concern. You are married to a ? white man one of our greatest enemies. You are no longer really part of "us" you have really made yourself an outsider so maybe you should stay the ? out of our problems.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    A black person cannot be married to a white person and think black people are going to believe you really care about black people. if you love us so much you would never have married a white person.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    dont black women know they hold the power, too bad theyre focused on a dollar, smh
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Theodis wrote: »
    Darxwell wrote: »
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Damn y'all done unleashed Darx. Lol

Nah bruh, this whole ? started because of a male feminist admitted to demonizing black women because they were "in the way" and basically went on a twitter rant.

So somebody put the hashtag #SolidarityisforWhiteWomen because people were busy consoling the dude for going crazy instead of speaking on the people he damaged in the process.

Black Man-Haters feel like white Man-Haters never let them play in any of the Man-Hate games. Basically when white man-haters are attacking men black women feel like they are left out of all the fun.

So of course whenever race is involved and whites are under attack they do what always works. Turn the angry black ? in the direction of black males and say, "there you go LaQueefa...attack him." And like a good ? ? they fall for it every time.

it's all a distraction...
    it's all a joke...

because what truly dictates whether you are treated fairly is MONEY.
    Oprah had money...still got treated like a ? on TWO occasions overseas.
    ? the male vs female rhetoric.

? the black vs white rhetoric.
    ? aint only rhetoric when it gets people killed or jailed or branded.
    we as a people are being toyed wit like marionettes by the rich....
    No not WE....just dumb black ? that fell for this ? . Femi-? 's are always looking for any little way to show white man-haters that "they too can hate males and deserve to be invited into the 'club'"
    we all have a common enemy in the wealthy...
    No we have a common enemy in the general white population. Rich people are just like you and I only they got more money.

Most rich people are like most poor people: Many aint ? , some are decent human beings and MOST are somewhere in the lower middle.

how exactly should ppl in non english speaking countries know oprah?
    they dont watch her show

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

its just how it is, alotta white men dont like white women married to blacc men and alotta blacc men dont like it if blacc women are married to white men.
    iono its a psychological thing better not to think too much about it.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black power is for everyone black.