Microsoft Announcing ‘Unique’ Xbox One Exclusive at Gamescom

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

“We’re going to talk about Europe’s biggest franchise and maybe some interesting things.”

Microsoft is teasing a new Xbox One exclusive set to be announced at Gamescom. On Major Nelson’s podcast, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer discussed Gamescom and what fans can expect from the show and Microsoft’s Showcase event.

“We’re gonna have a really short stage presentation with some news, talking about some unique exclusive coming to the platform,” Spencer said. “We’re going to talk about Europe’s biggest franchise and maybe some interesting things. We have some stuff, but most of the time will be spent with the press getting time with the developers, with their games. So you should think about this as a room with a lot of hands-on. We think that these platforms are about the games, and we want to give the press time with the games.”

Spencer elaborated, explaining that he believes “there’s no better way than having developers talk about what they’re getting out of the platform, whether it’s cloud functionality, Kinect stuff. Rare will be there. You’ll have the Forza team talking about the work that they’re doing. You’ll have third parties there. I think it’s really going to be a great show, because the creators are the ones that make these platforms sing.”

Beyond the press showcase, the team will also feature playable demos at the Microsoft booth on the Gamescom show floor. “It’s really going to be the first time at scale consumers are gonna get their hands on Xbox One,” Spencer said. “It’s going to be tremendous. Our studios and third party studios are hard at work filling out the booth. Biggest booth we’ve ever had.”

In addition to the unannounced exclusive, Microsoft’s Gamescom lineup includes the following titles:

Forza Motorsport 5
Dead Rising 3
Ryse: Son of Rome
Project Spark
Killer Instinct
Zoo Tycoon

Gamescom will run from August 21-25 in Cologne, Germany. Be sure to check back to IGN in August for all the news from the show as it’s announced. For a list of all of the games confirmed for the show so far, check out our Gamescom wiki.

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CVG Sources: Microsoft to reveal 'major game' comes free with Xbox One
    New third-party deal primed for Gamescom announcement
    Posted on Monday 19th Aug 2013 at 4:35 PM UTC By Rob Crossley, Associate Editor for CVG UK

Microsoft has signed a landmark deal to bundle a "major third-party title" free with every Xbox One launch system across Europe, CVG understands.

Each new Xbox One console sold in Europe and the US will come free with the title that alone will retail at £40 or higher, in an attempt to kick away at the £80 premium Xbox One has over Sony's PS4.

A source with knowledge of the deal, who wished to remain anonymous, said the developments were part of Microsoft's goal of adding value to its system without lowering its £429 release day price.

The specific game set to be bundled with Xbox One launch systems was not named, although it's understood to be a "major" Christmas release.

Striking a deal of this magnitude is thought to have cost Microsoft further millions in budget as it prepares to launch its next-generation Xbox around the world.

Sony has won favour among the games community for setting the PlayStation 4 price at $499 and £349 - which is $100 and £80 lower than the Xbox One launch RRP.

This major game, the source said, is the "unique Xbox One exclusive" that Microsoft executive Phil Spencer said was being saved for a Gamescom announcement.

Microsoft has declined to comment.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/425218/cvg-sources-microsoft-to-reveal-major-third-party-game-comes-free-with-xbox-one/
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft sweden: Only 14% of europe will get free FIFA 14 on pre-order

Only tier 1 (launch) countries will get FIFA 14 with their pre-order. FIFA 14 will only come with pre-orders of Xbox One in the 13 countries that the console will launch in in 2013. The other countries, which will get Xbox One in 2014, will not be getting FIFA 14 with their pre-order. Those who pre-ordered the console before August 20 will get two AAA games (not sure which, though they're not Kinect games), however those who pre-order the console now will not get any games for free with their system, at least nothing has been announced for now. (courtesy of LonelyGreyWolf)

There goes any FIFA momentum out of the window...

http://www.eurogamer.se/articles/2013-08-21-inget-fifa-14-med-xbox-one-i-sverige
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've already been told I'm getting FIFA. So I'll be getting another AAA title too?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    I've already been told I'm getting FIFA. So I'll be getting another AAA title too?

U live in Europe?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

U live in Europe?

Yeah
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Any word on what USA is getting?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prob nothing or some arcade game :/
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    USA getting the new nba live
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    This... actually makes a lot of sense. Another EA property that needs exposure, but not so big like Madden that it would cost them too much.

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I guess, that was a joke tho.

Guess I'd play it if it were free..
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

Stupes ......