So Bubba Ray is really killin it in TNA?

Options
rapmusic
rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't even realize he ran Aces and Eights. My dude out here winning world titles and ? ? When and how did this happen?

Comments

• CraigMakaveli
    CraigMakaveli Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he is smashing hulks daughter. forgot her name
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bully ray is bar none the best heel in wrestling right now
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Triple B's wrote: »
    Says more about the state of wrestling

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Triple B's wrote: »

It's actually not that hard considering he has no legitimate threats to te crown but to be honest Bubba/Bully has always been a great heel, he just never got a real chance to showcase it.

He got typecast as a tag team guy in the 'E and it just wasnt ever going to work there mostly because of his body type (which TNA gave him time to whip himself into the best shape of his life).

To answer the question hes been one of TNA's top guys for the last 2-3 years. He only reached main event level this year back in like April. He's doing really well for himself.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, VKM requires that a guy has "the look".
    Always has.

From a wrestling standpoint, that's ?

From a marketing standpoint , I can understand

The pop/casual fan that wwe likes to appeal to would have an easier time buying into ziggler or John Cena simply because they look like they are supposed to be action stars while guys like bubba and micheal Elgin don't
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When the Dudley's were split up cause of wwe's first ever draft, it was Devon, not bubba who was given a gimmick to work with, remember Devon the preacher and a young Batista as the deacon? Bubba stayed the same throughout his entire wwe career, and he didn't have the look wwe wanted as far as being a main eventer, but he's done a great job of reinventing himself in tna and now he's a credible heel and a 2 time world champ
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't shock me. I remember his misogyny role in the E when he was putting every woman alive through a table and rolling his eyes like he was busting a nut about it. ? was trill television. Son put Mae Young through a table, and I thought he was the coldest wrestler out back then.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I give him major props! I've always liked him since the ECW days, but it's kinda crazy seeing him as the top man in the company. I didn't even realize that was him until last night, even after hearing his name(Bully Ray lol) his crew wack but it is what it is.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like him and Devon ...have since ECW...but I can't buy dude as a top scary heel
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Don't shock me. I remember his misogyny role in the E when he was putting every woman alive through a table and rolling his eyes like he was busting a nut about it. ? was trill television. Son put Mae Young through a table, and I thought he was the coldest wrestler out back then.

tumblr_mkjq8oPb0k1rt73joo2_250.gif
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mae Young the Trillest female wrestler of all time. Clearly. No debating.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    We done made a big deal about him being champ the first time around here, you guys just dont watch. Its like a good album that comes out and a year later after its release you saying" oh i didnt know this came out its kinda hot"

He was having great promos and matches pre Aces n 8s vs Austin Aries and AJ Styles anyhow.

Hes been a great heel for almost two years since the inception of the Bully. This isnt out of nowhere, but I respect the fact that it finally caught your eye.

Under all the TNA BS theres still gems underneath it, and thats how I feel about the WWE product as well except Im not conditioned to act as if the WWE BS is more acceptable than TNAs...

Off to Summerfest 2k13, Im out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Under all the TNA BS theres still gems underneath it, and thats how I feel about the WWE product as well except Im not conditioned to act as if the WWE BS is more acceptable than TNAs...

co-sign
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    When the Dudley's were split up cause of wwe's first ever draft, it was Devon, not bubba who was given a gimmick to work with, remember Devon the preacher and a young Batista as the deacon? Bubba stayed the same throughout his entire wwe career, and he didn't have the look wwe wanted as far as being a main eventer, but he's done a great job of reinventing himself in tna and now he's a credible heel and a 2 time world champ

Devon was given the Preacher gimmick because of him always saying "testify". That was a given and an easy way for the writers to give him something. As for Bubba, when he was separated, they actually gave him the same gimmick he has now, but he was a face.

When Triple H was basically destroying the very fabric of RAW by beating everyone with his new finisher, the sleeper hold, Bubba was next in line to face HHH based on HHH going overboard with a after match beating of Spike Dudley. Unfortunately, Bubba's run was cut short when he lost to HHH in the same manner, and it never recovered; which is typical of anyone HHH ran through after the first split. Once he was left in a heap and Batista left Devon, it was only right to put the two back together.

I assume TNA picked up on the gimmick that better suited Bubba, fine tuned it, and this is what we have. Bubba has always been gold on the mic, so that's nothing new; just getting the fans to respond the way they needed to get the gimmick over was the trick.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bubba Ray powerbombing random hoes through tables used to be the ? .

From Lita:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSv2vfVrCCA

To Trish:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVBpIPNW4vY

To Torrie Wilson:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q44W3hmvtWg

To Jazz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEWzFIDBP0A

Dude is on the Mount Rushmore of the HoH movement. Never saw anyone in wrestling ? a broad up like that.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Dude is on the Mount Rushmore of the HoH movement. Never saw anyone in wrestling ? a broad up like that.

There was a time Jeff Jarrett attacked and slapped the figure-four on EVERY SINGLE WOMAN that appeared on WWF television, only missing Stephanie, during his feud with Chyna.

He even got BB, the big breasted EMT; Mae and Moolah, and Lilian Garcia.
  • CraigMakaveli
    CraigMakaveli Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when i first saw Jazz i thought you said Tazz
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are sleeping on Bully.

He cuts great promos. The whole angle with marrying Brooke to get a title shot and win it and plus be the leader of Aces & 8's was ? GOLD.

He's a raw, ? , gritty street heel. It's kinda different than your typical heel. He's putting on great ? . His emotion comes through the TV like its ? real to him.

Bully > Bubba.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    People are sleeping on Bully.

He cuts great promos. The whole angle with marrying Brooke to get a title shot and win it and plus be the leader of Aces & 8's was ? GOLD.

He's a raw, ? , gritty street heel. It's kinda different than your typical heel. He's putting on great ? . His emotion comes through the TV like its ? real to him.

Bully > Bubba.

Actions like the bold are what makes him so effective. He's always followed classic heeling 101 since his fat man of ECW days and that ? never goes out of style. He isn't just cowardly like what they do with most heels in WWE today, no he's a grimy win by any means necessary type which is what truly classic heels have always been. Bully Ray has been the best character he's ever played in his career IMO.